Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Mother's Day is coming in a few weeks!

AABBYGAIL RUTH

2024-05-15 10:52 PM

Depression Community

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-05-15 9:17 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.753 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,632 Members

Please welcome our newest members: GCAJULAO, RPABIA, TEBON, SJOLINE GEL, Duncan Brown

Nonic Hits 1 Year!!!

16 years ago 0 880 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Kelly Thank you, you didn't miss a thing...You are right on time as always... nonic [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]12/25/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 366 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 10,980 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $3,843.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 66 [B]Hrs:[/B] 20 [B]Mins:[/B] 29 [B]Seconds:[/B] 11
  • Quit Meter

$66,717.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 1376 Hours: 13

Minutes: 41 Seconds: 6

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Penitent Yes indeed "forever forward" is spot on...Thank you so much for your kind words, I am always appreciative of your posts as well. But even without the words, the stats speak for themselves... nonic [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]12/25/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 366 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 10,980 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $3,843.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 66 [B]Hrs:[/B] 20 [B]Mins:[/B] 28 [B]Seconds:[/B] 57
  • Quit Meter

$66,717.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Aloha Thank you so much for your well wishes. And thank you for providing so much sound and useful advice to all who are making their way through this rather difficult process... nonic [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]12/25/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 366 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 10,980 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $3,843.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 66 [B]Hrs:[/B] 20 [B]Mins:[/B] 28 [B]Seconds:[/B] 3
  • Quit Meter

$66,717.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

sammi Thank you for thinking of me, and I am glad that you had a nice visit with relative and friends without the added burden of sneaking out to fill the need. How great is that. I do believe that you and a bunch of our friends will soon be reaching the full year mark. I assure you I will be here to cheer you on... nonic [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]12/25/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 366 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 10,980 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $3,843.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 66 [B]Hrs:[/B] 20 [B]Mins:[/B] 27 [B]Seconds:[/B] 35
  • Quit Meter

$66,717.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

16 years ago 0 2534 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Many Congratulations on reaching One Year Nonic. You have a steadying influence here and your wise advice and comment is always well-received by all. Thanks for that and congratulations once more! Best Wishes Penitent d1317 :)
  • Quit Meter

$56,958.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 1128 Hours: 2

Minutes: 30 Seconds: 52

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Phil Sounds good to me... nonic [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]12/25/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 366 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 10,980 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $3,843.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 66 [B]Hrs:[/B] 18 [B]Mins:[/B] 33 [B]Seconds:[/B] 50
  • Quit Meter

$66,717.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

16 years ago 0 3908 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey Nonic! Remember those early days of stopping???? Lets have a laugh together at Ole Nick mate!! Phil [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]8/8/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 505 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 11,110 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �2,651.25 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 98 [B]Hrs:[/B] 9 [B]Mins:[/B] 51 [B]Seconds:[/B] 1
Wow You folks really make me feel welcome and perhaps a bit accomplished in our mutual struggle. That is actually an understatement. I feel a great deal of victory in my blood tonight. And it is so special to recieve such wonderful tidings from people who know all to well the difficulty of tredding this path. Thank you all for taking the time to remind me of the fact that I have now done something that once I thought impossible. It dosen't get much better than that... When I began making this change in my life, I was in a rather obsessed state. I had thrown away my last cigarette 24 hours prior to finding this site. I was looking for answers to questions I had not even asked yet. On some level I knew that I was going to leave behind an addiction that had served me as an emotional and in some ways as a physical shield against the ever present slings and arrows of life in the 21st century. And that in a nut shell is the absolute terror that many people experience when first they contemplate ending the addiction cycle. For to many years I knew I had pulled that blanket of smoke over the bits of me that recoiled in anger, that felt the pain of lonliness, that experienced the pangs of rejection, that wandered in confusion. In short if it hurt...I smoked. However, all the while I was shielding myself from these things, I was slowly killing the body. In the end I concluded that no matter how painful it might be there was no logic in destroying the body in an effort to avoid experiencing the soul. And that is what all of you kind folks have helped me accomplish. Tonight I was in a convenience store on my way back from visiting some old friends. Looking at the cashier, I could not help but take in the rows and rows of cigarettes behind her. And although I found her to be quite attractive, the little shiney packs on the shelf held no facination for me what so ever. And that is how it should be. In order to give you a sense of the difference a year makes, I thought I would leave you with a little story from my journal that was written shortly after I quit. I do hope the contrast between my encounter this evening and the text that follows will give you hope that this can be done and that you can do it... The Devil At The Door I had a major struggle with the old boy this morning, having awakened at 4:00 AM to the cold steel of an anxiety attack. I know full well the source of this mental pain, but the old remedy was no longer availabe and having made it this far I was not about to turn tail now. I had terrible dry mouth and sores (probably from injesting way to many altoids and sharp peppermint over the last few days. I would rather smell like a peppermint leaf than a tobacco leaf any day. I got a good hot shower and went out into the predawn. In the old days I would have stood and stared at the sky while sucking down a cancer stick, but this time I managed to just start walking. I began my usual mantra of positive self talk, remembering why I started this quest in the first place, feeling the added depth in my lungs, being thankful for the cleansing that was taking place. Soon I stepped up the pace. Bringing myself to an awareness of all the good and positive things in my life, I let the street beneath my feet slip by at a faster pace. In time I was running, the sun was just throwing out its rays in the eastern sky and the buildings where flying by. I don't know how many miles I did this morning, but I will tell you this, I managed to run farther and faster than that old demon and that is all that matters to me. Take heart when you are feeling weak in your resolve, and know that you are not feeble, you are not lacking in the courage to continue. Each day is a victory for you, even though each moment is a trial. You have a great power within you to alter your perceptions and when you start to do that you will leave that wretched creature far behind you sucking dust and the poison that is its very nature. nonic [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]12/25/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 366 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 10,980 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $3,843.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 66 [B]Hrs:[/B] 17 [B]Mins:[/B] 35 [B]Seconds:[/B] 7
  • Quit Meter

$66,717.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

16 years ago 0 292 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
[size=3][color=green]I thought about you today, Nonic. A couple times. [color=red]This morning during gift-opening (in front of a tree I can actually smell!!) one of my children looked up at me and said, "Hey cool, we don't have to wait for you and Dad to take a smoke-break before we can empty our stockings." I thought, "I wish I'd quit last Christmas," and that made me think of you.[/color] [color=green]Then later I was at my brother's house for Christmas dinner - as I am every year - only this year I was able to stay inside and laugh and tease with the group instead of going outside every hour. I was silently appreciating the feeling of freedom on this special day, and again you came to mind.[/color] [color=red]Congratulations, nonic, on your sparkling achievement. [color=green]Woooohooooooo, your first full year!!! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]1/1/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 358 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 10,740 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1,074.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 36 [B]Hrs:[/B] 22 [B]Mins:[/B] 11 [B]Seconds:[/B] 4
16 years ago 0 3207 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
A Big, big congratulations, nonic!!!! You are such a fine example of the joy of quitting. Thanks, once again, for sharing your thoughts on this journey. I hope you do something really nice for yourself to mark this special occasion. Here's to many more smoke free years! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]3/22/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 278 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 11,120 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1,890.40 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 38 [B]Hrs:[/B] 20 [B]Mins:[/B] 12 [B]Seconds:[/B] 17

Reading this thread: