Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-20 2:48 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.755 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,655 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Julia725, RFULLERO, OJOIZA ALTHEA, PKENNETH LANCE, JSABAS

FREE IS 100 !!!!!

17 years ago 0 577 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Many Congratulations Free, 100 days is great, enjoy your day. Best regards, Lilly :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/11/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 101 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 3,036 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �505 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 13 [B]Hrs:[/B] 3 [B]Mins:[/B] 6 [B]Seconds:[/B] 42
  • Quit Meter

$295,301.50

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 5384 Hours: 11

Minutes: 41 Seconds: 56

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 3368 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thanks BonBon. Should I keep a hammock warm for you? I know I'll be seeing you at the beach soon. I have no doubts about it. And also a big 'Thank you' for all of your kind words and support ... they have been so humbly appreciated and have helped me in my journey. Bless you. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/12/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 105 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 3,164 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $420 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 8 [B]Hrs:[/B] 20 [B]Mins:[/B] 59 [B]Seconds:[/B] 49
  • Quit Meter

$54,517.20

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 5957 Hours: 18

Minutes: 51 Seconds: 31

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Thanks BFS for all of your encouragement and insight! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/12/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 105 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 3,164 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $420 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 8 [B]Hrs:[/B] 20 [B]Mins:[/B] 56 [B]Seconds:[/B] 10
  • Quit Meter

$54,517.20

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

I grew up with physical, sexual, mental and verbal abuse. My parents did drugs and drank. My teenage years were quite turbulent to say the least. When I turned 18, I left. I got married right away to get out of the house. Needless to say the marriage didn't last. I started working on relearning things & raising myself since my parents didn't, but not of course without falling into my parent's behavior along the way. I had to beat many demons before I could get back to work on healing myself to become whole. In the process of getting help, learning, and healing, I had setbacks: I was severely lied to, cheated on, raped, I suffered post traumatic stress disorder, clinical depression and at one point I wanted to die. I have experienced the feeling of truly losing all hope. And when I say all hope, I mean ALL hope. It is the worst feeling in the world to truly not want to live anymore. My positive attitude comes from the strength God has blessed me with. I also studied cognitive therapy for many years. I do not look at any of the things I have been through in my life as horrible. Each experience is a gift because each experience has molded me and shaped me into the person I am today. A person that I am very happy to be. I am not speaking out of pride. I am speaking out of comfort; someone who is very comfortable in their own skin. Hopefully by me explaining a little of my history, hopefully it will shed some light, will inspire someone, will help someone in their quit, etc.. So here I am bearing my soul. I have beat all kinds of addictions. I have overcome all kinds of abuse. I've overcome co-dependency. I've learned to not live with walls built up all around me. I have learned to be assertive. I have learned how to have healthy personal boundaries and healthy relationships. I've learned how to trust people and how to love and how to love myself. I've learned how to not live in the past. I've learned that life has ups and downs and to not be shocked when the bad happens. I've learned that mistakes and wrong decisions get made; by us or by others. I've learned that we are in control of no one but ourselves. I've learned that change is a part of life; we can embrace it or we can fight it. Life is hard at times, and the choic
  • Quit Meter

$54,517.20

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Cobenfan ... your words of confidence in me are greatly appreicated. Thank you for being so thoughtful so often. You are a gem. HealerWithin ... thank you so much for some really great advice early on in my quit. I owe many restful nights to you. A well rested mind and body make it a lot easier to fight the good fight. bgaineshunter ... Thank you so much for celebrating with me. Congrats to you on your 40+ smoke free days. PrincessC ... You are a great inspiration here. I really enjoy reading your posts. Helping others is the key to helping ourselves. Mr. Ed ... You are a dear man. I hope me following you around saying 'neigh' hasn't bothered you. lol! Thanks for leading the way. Zyban ... Thanks so much for all of your support along the way. You are great. Lilly ... Your kind spirit has brought many a smile to my face. Thank you. Cybrduke ... Thank you sir. It is greatly appreciated it. I've enjoyed walking this road with you. Islandgirl ... always a kind thing to say ... always such style and grace. Congrats to you on your 6 months ... Awesome! Rusty ... Thank you for all your kindness. You are a super sweet person. Keep leading the way. Marie ... I appreciate the gold star. Truth be known ... you are the gold star Marie. Keep shining. Danielle ... Thanks so much ... I always enjoy your posts. Sullydog ... Thanks for celebrating with me. And congrats on your 80+ days. Shevie ... I want to thank you so much for being there for me and letting me just 'vent' sometimes so that I can get things/feelings/thoughts sorted out. It really helps. I have learned from much of your advice and I appreciate all of your encouragement. You have been a great quit friend. Thank you. Sushik ... thanks so much for celebrating with me. I've missed you around the forum. Looks like you will be hitting the beach soon as well. I'll save a hammock for you. Lady ... Thanks bunches. It doesn't seem like it has been that long to me either. It must be true what they say 'time flies when you are having fun' or I'm just crazy! lol! N2K ... How cute I'm a hundred and you're one. LOL! You have been a gift to my quit journey. Thank you so much for everything. Your kind gesture will last a lifetime, because staying q
  • Quit Meter

$54,517.20

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 261 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Whenever I see your "virtually" smiling face I have to smile myself. Thank you so much for all your support and encouragement and wisdom and laughs. Congratulations on hitting the beach - soon May company will be following! Yay Free alison :) Life. Be in it [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/16/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 97 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,915 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1212.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 13 [B]Hrs:[/B] 18 [B]Mins:[/B] 32 [B]Seconds:[/B] 24
  • Quit Meter

$90,862.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 8668 Hours: 0

Minutes: 0 Seconds: 13

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 8760 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Free, CONGRATULATIONS! We are so proud to see you reach this milestone and can't wait to hear about your reward! You've helped many along your journey and are an inspiration to all! Danielle ________________________ The SSC Support Team
17 years ago 0 8760 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Free, Thank you for sharing your story of addiction. You are an inspiration! Danielle __________________________ The SSC Support Team
17 years ago 0 334 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Congrats on your 100 days Free! Cheers Janet [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/12/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 69 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 835 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $379.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 6 [B]Hrs:[/B] 3 [B]Mins:[/B] 14 [B]Seconds:[/B] 46
17 years ago 0 111 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Congrats BF...never a doubt in my mind you'd get here....ahhh the beach....so relaxing! Your posts are most inspiring!, keep your wisdom coming, many people can be helped by you. well done & congrats on an awesome achievement.

Reading this thread: