Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Social anxiety disorder

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-29 1:50 PM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

2024-05-20 2:48 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.756 posts in 47.057 threads.

160,716 Members

Please welcome our newest members: grames, rainyjade, AJ8142, HIngle_McCringleberry, DezSkin

Knowledge Replaces Fear #365

18 years ago 0 327 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
You really have been a huge inspiration to me, Joe. Huge congratulations on one year! :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 7/23/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 296 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 5,931 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1480 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 39 [B]Hrs:[/B] 2 [B]Mins:[/B] 42 [B]Seconds:[/B] 44
18 years ago 0 5195 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Bump for new quitters. The collection of sections of Joes posts at the beginning of this thread are very helpful. I included the titles for each if anyone wants to go and read the full threads. I believe most of them are found in the general forum. There is a lot of wisdom and valuable information here that can help you put your quit in focus. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 7/1/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 321 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 6,429 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1123.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 28 [B]Hrs:[/B] 7 [B]Mins:[/B] 57 [B]Seconds:[/B] 13
18 years ago 0 5195 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Joe, you have been one of the SSC�s greatest supporters. Throughout this journey you have educated us, given us strength, determination, attitude checks and held us accountable for our commitments to the quit. We have shared laughter, tears, craves, debates and even ticked each other off on occasion. We have managed to become victors in this war on the nicotine addiction because of the support and dedication we have shared. It has been a pleasure to share this journey down the road less traveled with you. I couldn�t have asked for a better quit buddy. I know I am among many quitters who owe you a debt of gratitude for helping us remain smoke free. You have lead by example showing us that knowledge replaces fear and you have demonstrated determination every step of the way. Be proud today as you celebrate that one year milestone and know that you have made a difference in the lives of many quitters. Here is a trip down memory lane in honor of your one year milestone. [B]Golferman�s Introduction[/b] [color=blue]Hello everyone. This is my second "real" quit, and one that I know will be forever. I was quit last year for 10 months and 8 days. Then I got stupid. I used the usual excuses (stress, etc..) and started back. I had a 6 month relapse. I will be 52 in a few days, so I've been around the block with Mr. Nicodemon a time or two and I have learned all of his tricks that he uses to keep people addicted. What I learned from my quit last year is that you have to quit for "you" and that you have to stay the same person, just smoke-free. [B] 4 week Ramble� Just a Few thoughts.[/b] As sure as the sun rises in the east, there will still be times I will crave and there will be times when I may dwell on them. What I have to watch for is not to be consumed by thoughts of them. Junkie thoughts as many refer to them. I have to realize that I quit for me and no one else. I have to realize, and never forget, that I quit for my health and well being. In deciding to quit, I made a conscious decision to change my life. For most, change doesn�t come that easy. We have a comfort factor in our old, smoking life. [B]52 days. �Are you A Slave or a Master� [/b] Smoking is an addiction that creates a master/slave relationship. The cigare
18 years ago 0 112 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Golferman - Joe - you are the reason I logged on today. Thank you for all your words and insight. I soooo appreciate all you do and have done. Be proud!! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/6/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 343 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 6,185 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $2469.6 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 31 [B]Hrs:[/B] 19 [B]Mins:[/B] 11 [B]Seconds:[/B] 1
18 years ago 0 210 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Congrats! Heres to year 2 :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/31/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 350 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 7,008 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1575 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 36 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 56 [B]Seconds:[/B] 15
18 years ago 0 563 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Lady, What an awesome intro for me for my 1 year anny! I am floored! I truly appreciate all of the effort you put into this. But this is how you are.. so giving of yourself to everyone here. Thank you so very, very much Lady! To my SSC quit buds.. thank you all for helping to make my 1 year anny such a special day for me! I am honored to be here in your presence and privilaged that you are my friends. Time to start Year Number 2!!! Any takers??? :p [b][color=Purple]Be Strong. Be Smart. Be Quit[/color] [color=black]Joe[/color] [size=3][color=Blue]Knowledge Replaces Fear[/color][/size] [size=2][color=black]Illegitimus non carborundum est[/color][/size] [size=2][color=purple]Hoping for success without hard work is like trying to harvest without planting.[/color][/size][/b] [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/15/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 366 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 9,158 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $896.7 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 64 [B]Hrs:[/B] 2 [B]Mins:[/B] 40 [B]Seconds:[/B] 8
  • Quit Meter

$36,353.60

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 9773 Hours: 18

Minutes: 41 Seconds: 5

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

18 years ago 0 2027 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Joe, this congratulations is just like you. Nothing fancy, just real, and true, and from the heart. Congratulations, Joe. You are one awesome quitter. :) Shevie [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/23/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 357 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 7,140 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1356.6 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 66 [B]Hrs:[/B] 13 [B]Mins:[/B] 27 [B]Seconds:[/B] 30
18 years ago 0 989 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Joe - congratulations on 3 6 5 hard fought days. It is always difficult for me to think of you being "younger" than me, because you were and are so darned smart about what is necessary for success. Your wisdom, your commitment, your attitude, your willingness to help others - what a quit this has been! Lady did an excellent job of giving an overview of your process and the thoughts you have shared. I am glad that I was here when you were quitting, to take advantage of your wisdom and your experience at your prior failed attempt. Your contributions here at SSC have been nothing short of remarkable. Thank you! KUDOS AND PARTY HEARTY at the VIP club. We await you with open arms. :) Carole [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/15/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 395 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 9,875 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1382.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 54 [B]Hrs:[/B] 23 [B]Mins:[/B] 5 [B]Seconds:[/B] 3
  • Quit Meter

$795,235.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 5686 Hours: 6

Minutes: 24 Seconds: 37

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

18 years ago 0 715 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
WTG Joe! Big congrats on your well earned 1 yr. quit! Like u said in your introduction, your forever quit! Of course 1 day at a time :) Thanks for all your words of wisdom & support! I've always believed that fear is caused by ignorance. I remember the 1st time I saw your "knowledge replaces fear" statement,,,that's how u got my attention to pay attention to your posts, lol. Congrats again! Celebrate and reward yourself! WOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! Gr8 thread Ms. Lady! No matter what don't lite up... Keep on keepin on... Cherie
  • Quit Meter

$26,922.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 589 Hours: 2

Minutes: 28 Seconds: 30

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

18 years ago 0 343 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
CONRATULATIONS JOE!!! You are one cool dude, and needless to say, well respected by so many of us. May your 'One Year' anniversary bring you strength, and many memorable warm thoughts. Have a great time with your reward, you so earned it. UFO
  • Quit Meter

$25,579.80

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 677 Hours: 3

Minutes: 40 Seconds: 55

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Reading this thread: