Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Mother's Day is coming in a few weeks!

AABBYGAIL RUTH

2024-05-15 10:52 PM

Depression Community

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-05-15 9:17 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.753 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,623 Members

Please welcome our newest members: SJOLINE GEL, Duncan Brown, BBEA ANGELIC, HMAZO, MLISING

Riverdale Man Turns 60!!!! Lookin' Good!!!

18 years ago 0 962 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
RD Man - Congrats on 60 days - you are an asset to SSC! Island Girl [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/21/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 56 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 226 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $56 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 6 [B]Hrs:[/B] 14 [B]Mins:[/B] 20 [B]Seconds:[/B] 24
  • Quit Meter

$1,703,512.50

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 5861 Hours: 13

Minutes: 55 Seconds: 54

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

18 years ago 0 105 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Go River!!! YEAH! I can't believe how fast this is going for me too. Yeah! Just keep busy! Great job and I am chasing you to 60. I was so busy I missed my 50. :) ALL GOOD! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/21/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 57 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 348 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $76.95 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 4 [B]Hrs:[/B] 20 [B]Mins:[/B] 55 [B]Seconds:[/B] 49
  • Quit Meter

$74,136.86

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 5957 Hours: 5

Minutes: 7 Seconds: 24

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

18 years ago 0 300 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
WooHoo Phillip, look at those stats grow and grow :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/6/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 73 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 809 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $182.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 5 [B]Hrs:[/B] 16 [B]Mins:[/B] 6 [B]Seconds:[/B] 22
  • Quit Meter

$204,421.50

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 5158 Hours: 22

Minutes: 19 Seconds: 52

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

18 years ago 0 1687 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey Riverdale Man, [color=Red]CONGRATULATIONS ON A GREAT QUIT!!! 2 MONTHS WOW!!!!!![/color] SUNSHINE [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/7/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 101 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,727 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $353.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 14 [B]Hrs:[/B] 14 [B]Mins:[/B] 42 [B]Seconds:[/B] 55
  • Quit Meter

$229,974.19

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 6397 Hours: 22

Minutes: 19 Seconds: 26

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

18 years ago 0 2614 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
WOW Those eyes, those ears and that cute little nose. It is really wonderful to hear about our dogs and how they help us stay quit, stay in out commitment to ourselves. Besides I know for me that Magic would never want to be orphaned again. :p [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/17/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 63 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,273 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $472.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 10 [B]Hrs:[/B] 8 [B]Mins:[/B] 50 [B]Seconds:[/B] 48
A 4.5 year old beagle named Rosie MMMMMMMM a Basset mix named Kaiser another Basset named Maestro My 14.5 year old beagleis Magic She changed my life as I dealt with another addiction, an addiction to work, I worked 90 hours a week, never ate, hardly drank, but boy did I smoke. Magic helped me get through that and change that part of my life. y litte furry Beagle got me to get out, walk, take care of her and feed her and make sure she had more love and care than there could be for any creature. She helped me see that life was worth living. And Redrosie my dog takes the cake for being the biggest princess, not being blessed with children Magic has taken that place in my life. With the money I save from smoking she is going to go for her masters degree in Garbage Collection. She has a very distingushed academic career in french cooking and gastronomical culture from around the world, she is Toronto' finest KFC connosseur, she certainly has the old used bones that she has found over the years, Most of them buried along her favorite walking routes. Beagle she is, from the humane society rescue she is 13 and a half years ago, she was about a year old when we got her she is slowly turning all white from the tricolour she was and she has not lost her voice she sings often mostly after raccoons and sometimes after cats. Most often to the clatter of dishes nd other article being thrown from neighbours windows. And boy do I know run, drag, sniff and pull. HHHMMMM Back to the not smoking stuff I feel much better today and tonight. sunny where I was and I have tomorrow with only a half day and then I am doing a training over the weekend. Lots of work and that takes my mind off of smoking. I sometimes think of smoking while I am walking by an entrance or a outside patio where there is a big bunch of smokers and I am still repulsed by the smell. Thisisvery different than otherquites where I enjoyed the smell. Strange. I will have more time tomorrow and I hope to post more of the journey there have been someinterestingmoments andthe bronchitis has had its own stories. Thanks all or sharing about your dogs, Asyou can see I am a real dog lover. Mutts Mutts ad more Mutts. Magic loves that I have quit. se gets to have way more treats. ;p [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]
Thanks Everyone Sorry I have so little time here on the internet. However, I miss you all and I do come and lurk. I also use my quit book. My gathering of posts and other writting that I have culled and harvested from all over. Thank you all so much for celebrating with me even though I am far away. Sixty days seems so long and yet so short. I guess time really does fly when you are having fun (right) more like time really does fly when LIFE is happening! Hooray for life and hooray for breath. Cheers glad you are all so strong and on this journey with me. Ciao Phillip ;) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/17/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 60 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,208 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $450 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 9 [B]Hrs:[/B] 20 [B]Mins:[/B] 17 [B]Seconds:[/B] 58
WOW What a treat and thank you Redrosie for starting this awesome celebration. You are all so wonderful and thank you thank you thank you. This party has really perked me up. Just before I left I went to the DR's and found I had a bronchial infection and I just can't seen to get enough oxygen. My pretty pink lungs have shed the grey black slim and just couldn't take the exposure and decided that they need to get coated with something. Oh well this is all part of healing and I am feeling much better than I did on Thursday last week. Lots of breathing to expand and heal the lungs. MMMMMMMMMM LOts of fresh fresh air. You are all so very kind and I really look forward to being back and having more time to send on the SSC. This will happen and only a couple of weeks to go. CIAO Phillip :p [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/17/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 60 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,219 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $450 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 9 [B]Hrs:[/B] 22 [B]Mins:[/B] 27 [B]Seconds:[/B] 38
I am back home???????????// No N2K great that your husbands grandfather is recovering! And you are all welcome here! Glad you are celebrating! The world works in very wonderful ndawesom ways! Redrosie your dog makes you cuse, must be a hound and walkin a hound is such fun!!!!! I am on the road and recovering from a bronchial infection! Not the nicest and even more reason to stay off he tobacco! Have an early night tonight and back at it tomorrow bright and early! Rob47 I know you are out there and congrats on your 60th! Again to all of you thanks for being here. You are all the best! ;p [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/17/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 61 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,237 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $457.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 10 [B]Hrs:[/B] 1 [B]Mins:[/B] 59 [B]Seconds:[/B] 34
Ohhhh Redrosie There can be no furry bunny slippers in my house cause my beagle would rip them apart. She does get into a frenzy over almost anything fluffy!!!! Miss her (Magic the wondr Beagle)oh yes! and miss you all. Phillip ;p [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/17/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 61 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,238 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $457.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 10 [B]Hrs:[/B] 2 [B]Mins:[/B] 6 [B]Seconds:[/B] 14

Reading this thread: