Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Mother's Day is coming in a few weeks!

AABBYGAIL RUTH

2024-05-15 10:52 PM

Depression Community

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-05-15 9:17 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.753 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,623 Members

Please welcome our newest members: SJOLINE GEL, Duncan Brown, BBEA ANGELIC, HMAZO, MLISING

Hump Day Sucks!

15 years ago 0 816 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hello Dave  Although you can't see it right now the day you had was probably your last big test for a while. Why do I say this , because you're right around the time the craven's should be letting up. Everyone's had smoking dreams , a stage I went through as well. The question should be who hasn't had dreams like that. You've won another day smoke free. Are you willing to give it all up for one bad day ? I'd hate to see you give in when you are sooooooo close. Of course it's tough , sometimes you just have to be tougher. The 7 week mark was a turning point for me. Don't leave before it happens. You'll be glad you did.  breather 113 Addict 0
My Milage:

My Quit Date: 11/11/2008
Smoke-Free Days: 114
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 5,700
Amount Saved: $2,736.00
Life Gained:
Days: 20 Hrs: 20 Mins: 57 Seconds: 59

15 years ago 0 3875 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Impalamania! That was indeed one day from hell! On the bright side, through all that crap and even through the tears, (which probably was a relief!) you are still a non smoker! That, is awesome!  Make that your focus! Smoking dreams can sometimes throw you out into left field, as yes they do seem so real! Plus your coming up on an anniversary and true to his nature the nicodemon steps up his fight to try and suck you in! You won this battle Impalamania! Be so very proud of that! Don't let him break you! A cigarette wouldn't have made your day any easier, it would have made it worse, by making you feel like a failure on top of all the stress!
But I noted the comment, "I am mourning my lost friend despite the newfound benefits." What is it that you are missing Impalamania? The stench? the coughing? the not being able to catch your breath? The tiredness? The gray color in your face?
The empty wallet? The 4000 chemicals added to make you more addicted????
Cigarettes are no friend to you or anyone. You are an addict and that was the junkie trying to rook you in again! He is very good at it, he is very clever, and he will stop at nothing, so you have to be very aware of that.
Next time you have a day like that, have some gum in your pocket, take a brisk walk, go get a drink of ice cold water. Get a straw, licorice, do the deep breathing! Use your self talk. Don't let a little cigarette run your life, or for that matter, kill your life! Your co workers will understand, quitting is NOT for wimps! You did a great job staying on your quit and that is what matters! And by the way, you should reward yourself for that!

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 3/5/2007
Smoke-Free Days: 730
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 18,250
Amount Saved: $7,701.50
Life Gained:
Days: 96 Hrs: 16 Mins: 52 Seconds: 59

15 years ago 0 1843 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Impala, would smoking have fixed any of the problems today?  Would it have resolved any of the stresses?  I don't think so, and I hope you agree with me.  I had days like these, when nobody could do anything right, when everybody's issue became my problem, and I blew up a few times.  What I realized is that when I was smoking, I would go out for a smoke when I got stressed.  It was my change of scenery, step away and calm down, count to 1,000 while I smoked.  Well, I don't go outside to smoke now, so I didn't give myself a chance to count to 1,000, or step away and calm down.  I suggest that when you have stress thrown your way, get up and change your location.  Take a walk, go outside to smell FRESH air, count to 1,000.  Get up and do something!!!  Then come back and resolve the situation the best you can.  As Breanne said, you survived today without smoking!!!  That's awesome!  And as Marivi said, you're close to 50 days smoke free.  I'm betting that the nicodemon saw your quit meter approaching the big 5-0 and he is trying to pull you back!  I'm so glad you told him NO WAY JOSE!!!  
My Milage:

My Quit Date: 8/20/2008
Smoke-Free Days: 196
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 7,840
Amount Saved: $1,568.00
Life Gained:
Days: 29 Hrs: 8 Mins: 36 Seconds: 36

15 years ago 0 916 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Impala
I'm really sorry you had such a bad day; sometimes we wake up and everything turns against us. Do you remember that Ziggy character? The one that always had a dark cloud above him? Well everybody has asuch a day; and it's alright to feel miserable, cry or yell. The good thing is that you haven't smoked!
You know that smoking will make you feel more miserable; it will only make every problem bigger. I know for sure that deep in your mind and in your heart you are sure that your quit was the best decision you have ever made for yourself!! I know that you are desperate right now, but tomorrow will be another day; lie down listen to some music and go to sleep. This shall pass too my friend..... If you can't sleep take  nyquil or tylenol pm. You have to protect your quit. You are ready to embark on your wonderful 50 day anniversary cruise; you are almost there my friend!!!
    I beg you, keep your quit I'm just four days behind you and we need to stay  quit. Maybe it's our last chance.
Hugs
Marivi

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 1/23/2009
Smoke-Free Days: 40
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 600
Amount Saved: $60.00
Life Gained:
Days: 4 Hrs: 15 Mins: 34 Seconds: 3

15 years ago 0 1693 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Impalamania,

Sorry to hear you're having such a rough day
Hang in there, and look on the bright side...you remained smoke free!

Breanne, Bilingual Health Educator
15 years ago 0 639 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Today was the worst day EVER!  I have not slept well all week.  Woke up at 4am from the most realistic dream.  I had lit up, was puffing away.  I could smell it, taste it and, man, my head was buzzing.  Woke up and was a bit freaked out.  It was so realistic!!!!!  Couldn't get back to sleep.  Thought about lighting up all day.  

Extra crappy day at work!  If it could go wrong it did.  Everyone had a problem that they couldn't resolve without my feedback.  Boss is not happy with me.  I am not happy with me either.  Biggest trigger I fight is the desire to lightup under stress.  Today's stress was constant and rapid-fire.  After snapping at my colleague for her petty problem, I sat in my office and cried like a baby for 30-minutes.  I am one big scab that just won't heal because I keep picking at it.  I am not much fun to be with, work for or talk to.  Not having much fun living right now.  I am mourning my lost friend despite the newfound benefits.   I took two very long rides today.  Coming closer and closer to breaking.  Ready to call it quits on the quit.  Sucks to be me today.

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 1/19/2009
Smoke-Free Days: 44
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 1,320
Amount Saved: $290.40
Life Gained:
Days: 7 Hrs: 7 Mins: 25 Seconds: 34

• Quit Meter

$50,615.82

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 1127 Hours: 12