Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Mother's Day is coming in a few weeks!

AABBYGAIL RUTH

2024-05-15 10:52 PM

Depression Community

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-05-15 9:17 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.753 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,632 Members

Please welcome our newest members: GCAJULAO, RPABIA, TEBON, SJOLINE GEL, Duncan Brown

Ackkkkkkk - dying for a smoke rigiht now!!!!

15 years ago 0 1693 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Way to go breather!!
Glad to hear that you are healthy and that you are still smoke free
Keep up the great work!

Breanne, Bilingual Health Educator
15 years ago 0 816 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi All  Where did this thread come from again ? It's been gone ? for a few days. Funny thing is that I'm not dying for a smoke right now. Holding steady at about a 5 on the quit meter.  Had an ultrasound at the start of November and had been worried about it for some time. Anyway went to the Dr's yesterday morning and everything's good. The good thing is that I didn't have to try and hide my nicotine stained fingers because they aren't stained anymore. It was only a matter of time before I would've felt the wrath of the "Doc" as he's a non-smoker and no fool. They knew , I wasn't fooling anybody. Was embaressed about it though and don't have to be now. Another plus. I like the idea of not smoking for a minute or five minutes at a time to get through the crave. Obsession followed by compulsion subsides. Only thoughts and the black hole to deal with now. No promises to make to anyone except that I'll TRY. jusT foR todaY I won't smoke. Tomorrow's another day and we start all over again. With the good people here at the SSC , the right tools in my tool box , and wanting this quit more than anything I've ever wanted in my life I know that things are going to be OK...breather 15  Addict 0
My Milage:

My Quit Date: 11/11/2008
Smoke-Free Days: 15
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 750
Amount Saved: $360.00
Life Gained:
Days: 2 Hrs: 19 Mins: 41 Seconds: 12

15 years ago 0 3 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Silvie,

Thanks for the tip I have been away and just getting to back to answering emails. I will check them out first chance I get.
Cravings have not been so strong the last few days my doctor has mentioned to me they are what they call weak points, he told me this when I first talked to him on smoking. I guess every 3 months or so is what he told me. I really did not believe him unitl I reached the 9 months ...do now. He told me to be very careful around the 1 year mark here is hoping will not be so bad.

Take care,

Elaine

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 2/2/2008
Smoke-Free Days: 285
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 7,125
Amount Saved: $2,280.00
Life Gained:
Days: 33 Hrs: 15 Mins: 13 Seconds: 28

• Quit Meter

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 0 Hours: 0

Minutes: 0 Seconds: 0

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Hi Moss,

Thank you for your words and support I feel better knowing I am not the only one still struggling after all this time.

Thanks again.

Elaine

My Milage:

Smoke-Free Days: 271
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 6,775
Amount Saved: $2,168.00
Life Gained:
Days: 31 Hrs: 23 Mins: 35 Seconds: 12

• Quit Meter

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Thank you for your very kind words and support I almost thought that I was the only one this far down the road and still struggling I am hoping when I hit the year mark at least they will calm down some.

Thanks again!

My Milage:

Smoke-Free Days: 271
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 6,775
Amount Saved: $2,168.00
Life Gained:
Days: 31 Hrs: 23 Mins: 34 Seconds: 53

• Quit Meter

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

15 years ago 0 2778 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Sylvie and Elaine.....

The damn nico-demon, in some people's case, never goes away!  Always stay prepared for a re-appearance!!!  I'm finding out that at times I think that I have this addiction out for the count and then something will happen....  a disagreement, a trigger you had forgotten about, you name it!!  The urge to smoke is right there with you again just like it is your first day!!! 

The only solution...  N. O. P. E.   We have to keep the mindset that smoking is no longer an option because we are now NON-SMOKERS!!!  We want to stay quit more than we want to smoke! 

Soooo...   keep those coping mechanisms close and keep your own motivation for your quit right in front of you!  We'll make it!!!

Jim

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 3/5/2008
Smoke-Free Days: 238
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 5,950
Amount Saved: $981.75
Life Gained:
Days: 38 Hrs: 21 Mins: 49 Seconds: 19

• Quit Meter

$44,385.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 1062 Hours: 6

Minutes: 12 Seconds: 31

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

15 years ago 0 649 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Elaine...........

So sorry that you are still struggling this far down the road.  I don't think you are alone.  The roughest part of my quit came after a few months in to it, and I still have some very trying days.  If you feel like it start a thread and let us know what you've been experiencing.  I'll bet there are several who can offer some insight, ideas, suggestions, etc. for getting to the other side of the road. 

Good Luck and wishes

Moss

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 11/19/2007
Smoke-Free Days: 345
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 5,175
Amount Saved: $1,164.38
Life Gained:
Days: 55 Hrs: 11 Mins: 57 Seconds: 28

Reading this thread: