Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Emergency Happy Questions

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-06-11 2:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Questions to challenge negativity

2024-06-03 3:43 PM

Depression Community

logo

Social anxiety disorder

2024-05-29 1:50 PM

Anxiety Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Most Loved

Browse through 411.758 posts in 47.059 threads.

160,770 Members

Please welcome our newest members: MereM, browcari, Cas151, Britanica78, m_ladyschoolme

HELP!!! HELL DAY!!!

16 years ago 0 392 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Todash, I was just sticking it on and running out the door. I use the store brand because the brand name patch seemed to (this is going to sound crazy) "paralyze" me. Which oddly enough is what happened yesterday when i slipped. All morning I was feeling as if I just didn't care, I was lethargic at work and felt like crying but couldn't. An hour after I took that patch off I was feeling better, more energy etc. So, I don't know if it's too much or what, each patch seemed to be different for me. The first two days they worked like a charm. Third day I got a patch that was a dud, so switched out at lunch and i was fine. Then day 4, the above happened. Also, I was taking Wellbutrin, which my rx ran out on Thursday. Dr. tried to refill for me and my insurance wanted prior authorization :mad: So, now I have to wait until Monday. So, I AM trying to get all of my ducks in a row. And Danielle, good idea. Maybe I should get a reward for making 4 days instead of 7. Lainey, I wasn't wearing it on my chest, but it says not to wear it in the same spot within a week, and was having a hard time doing that. Only place it seemed to be effective was on my arms. ??? I'm hanging in !! Thanks for the encouragement everyone! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]2/11/2008 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 5 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 125 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $34.38 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 9 [B]Mins:[/B] 34 [B]Seconds:[/B] 0
16 years ago 0 8760 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Kristilu, Have you given any thought to a reward system? Danielle, Bilingual Health Educator
16 years ago 0 1985 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Kristilu, Yes you can. For starters, you need to start thinking correctly, meaning "I can" get passed day xx. Do not continue to reinforce "I can not get passed day xx". I used patch and it worked well, and it is quite sensible to lean on it. Distractions as well, for the trigger events, are extremely important to employ. If all hell breaks loose in the evening, take two aspirins, or some wine if you dare, go to bed, listen to different type of music then what you normally do and sleep. Some people like my advice and some loathe me here, but like my advice anyway. I've helped many people to quit and remain quit. Make it works. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]1/22/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 754 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 13,572 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $4,147.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 140 [B]Hrs:[/B] 14 [B]Mins:[/B] 42 [B]Seconds:[/B] 21
16 years ago 0 984 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Aw hell Kristilu, sorry you're having such a hard go of it. But you're still here and no one's ever going to tell you to go away so good on ya! I used patches too and wondering two things: Are you using a high enough dose patch? Are you just slapping the patch on in a split second and going about your day? I ask the second bc I made something of a ritual out of putting the patch on in the morning, largely bc the damn things wouldn't stick to my arm (bicep). So I bought some surgical tape, cut it down to patch size, applied it to the patch, then to my arm. That sucker would've stayed for weeks. It did give me sensitive skin but the amount of time it took to put it on reaffirmed my quit daily, first thing in the morning, when I would've smoked myself silly otherwise! Not sure if that helps but I'm rooting for you, if not as loudly it's still as heartfelt! x T [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]1/1/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 410 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 9,430 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �2,255.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 34 [B]Hrs:[/B] 22 [B]Mins:[/B] 51 [B]Seconds:[/B] 35
16 years ago 0 3875 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
((((((((Hugs Kristilu))))))) I would love to come to Texas, I even have family there so might have to do that! Anyway, I am sorry you are having trouble. Is it the patches? (You weren't wearing it on your chest were you - they say NOT to do that, not to put it real near to your heart) Anyway, keep on trying, sooner or later it'll work. I quit so many times I lost count, and it is hard to describe why this time was different or why I finally made it the final quit. I guess I just got fed up enough. I decided that if I was addicted I had to treat myself like an addict, and for me that means not another drag ever, no matter what! You decide what is best for you! We are here! :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]3/5/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 347 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 8,675 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $3,660.85 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 45 [B]Hrs:[/B] 14 [B]Mins:[/B] 23 [B]Seconds:[/B] 4
Lainey, you are a trooper girl. Thanks for checking on me! To no avail though, I come with disappointment. I slipped a little. I was crying and overwhelmed before I slipped and was the same after I slipped. I am taking the day to reflect on why I cannot get past day 4. I took off work early today to get prepared for my next go at it. It boggles my mind how I can be so pumped up about it one minute and the very next minute be so overwhelmed and feel so defeated by this monster. The junkie keeps telling me I shouldn't even come to this group anymore, because I feel like such a fool. But, I'm swallowing my pride because I know when I make it, finally make it, I will have loads of people on here that will say, damn, she finally did it!!! So, I'm digging my boots and my big girl panties out of the closet and about to get after it again.... My slip was no reflection on your support, you were great. Feel like coming to texas and walking around with me for a week??? [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]2/11/2008 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 4 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 100 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $27.50 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 8 [B]Mins:[/B] 59 [B]Seconds:[/B] 56
How's it going today Kristilu? :quest: [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]3/5/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 347 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 8,675 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $3,660.85 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 45 [B]Hrs:[/B] 14 [B]Mins:[/B] 18 [B]Seconds:[/B] 3
16 years ago 0 1288 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Kristilu, Keep your eye on the prize! Soon you will feel better and wonder why you didn't quit sooner. Keep yourself busy and distracted, chew gum and drink plenty of water. Keep persevering! Sylvie, Bilingual Health Educator
Sorry about that wrong day thing! Are you using the name brand patch or the store brand. Some people said the store brand didn't perform as well. Keep an eye on the craves, if increase, you'll know why. It is odd that a particular side would make a difference, but anyway, hang tough girl. I so want to see you get through it to at least 30 days so you can see how wonderful it feels! But hey, in the meantime, take a close look at your skin and eyes, you should already notice a bit more color and clearer skin and brighter eyes....just the beginnings of the perks. :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]3/5/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 346 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 8,650 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $3,650.30 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 45 [B]Hrs:[/B] 11 [B]Mins:[/B] 14 [B]Seconds:[/B] 45
I'm working on it Phil!! ;p [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]2/11/2008 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 3 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 75 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $20.63 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 7 [B]Mins:[/B] 5 [B]Seconds:[/B] 26

Reading this thread: