Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Emergency Happy Questions

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-06-11 2:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Questions to challenge negativity

2024-06-03 3:43 PM

Depression Community

logo

Social anxiety disorder

2024-05-29 1:50 PM

Anxiety Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Most Loved

Browse through 411.758 posts in 47.059 threads.

160,770 Members

Please welcome our newest members: MereM, browcari, Cas151, Britanica78, m_ladyschoolme

Cold = Cravings ?

17 years ago 0 848 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Congratulations on handling yet another trigger, Jean. Bet it never occurred to you that having a cold could be a trigger, huh? Funny how they can catch up with us. That's prob part of the reason they say you need a full year quit to REALLY be set for the long haul. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/29/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 38 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 463 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $155.04 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 13 [B]Mins:[/B] 42 [B]Seconds:[/B] 17
  • Quit Meter

$119,662.92

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 6408 Hours: 0

Minutes: 27 Seconds: 15

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 517 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Yes, now that my cold seems to be on it's way out (primarily in my throat right now) the cravings are lessening :) Thanks Dutch and Mitch.. I'm hangin' in :p J xo [IMG]http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o304/Monica58/thumbsup-1.gif[/IMG] [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/4/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 32 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 813 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $328 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 15 [B]Mins:[/B] 47 [B]Seconds:[/B] 9
17 years ago 0 1127 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi jean, I agree with Mr. Ed all the way. I had that very same thing when I had the first cold after my quit. I remembered then that when I had a cold I smoked more and more. That's the reason you think about smoking. Your mind was used to smoking when you had a cold and that is why you have these cravings now. Get well soon and stay quit. Love ya gf :p [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/1/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 400 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 12,013 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �1180 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 55 [B]Hrs:[/B] 17 [B]Mins:[/B] 5 [B]Seconds:[/B] 2
17 years ago 0 36 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
We're all in this together girl. You can get through this. Mitch [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/30/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 5 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 103 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $34 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 9 [B]Mins:[/B] 30 [B]Seconds:[/B] 29
Ok.. I've been reading all of your posts and I think that this craving(s) that I've been experiencing is a whole total combination of many things... 1. my 1st cold since I quit 2. the 30 day crunch 3. I always seemed to smoke more when I was sick My plan of attack is this - Go with the craves, take good care of myself, get lots of rest, drink lots of tea and water and it will all soon be over with ! Thanks for your input and now I'm going back to bed with my tea and watch t.v. J xo [IMG]http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o304/Monica58/thumbsup-1.gif[/IMG] [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/4/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 30 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 766 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $307.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 10 [B]Mins:[/B] 39 [B]Seconds:[/B] 56
17 years ago 0 948 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Jean49 I used to smoke more when I was sick, not sure why but it always seemed to be that way. So yes, now when I am sick I tend to crave more. It will pass just like all the other ones, HANG IN THERE :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/1/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 64 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,614 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $320 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 6 [B]Hrs:[/B] 20 [B]Mins:[/B] 6 [B]Seconds:[/B] 11
17 years ago 0 5009 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Jean, I assume this is the 1st cold you've had since quitting(?). Well, if you're anything like me, as a smoker you would smoke even when ill. This is the nature of the beast. Any slightly different situation can trigger smoking feelings, for example your first holiday / Christmas Day smoke-free - in these circumstances you used to smoke. The more of these 'trigger experiences' that you have, the easier it is to laugh off! Mr Ed :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/13/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 445 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 13,366 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �3337.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 72 [B]Hrs:[/B] 14 [B]Mins:[/B] 36 [B]Seconds:[/B] 21
17 years ago 0 3875 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey Jean, IT could be the 30 day crunch, or it could be just the cold. Addictions seem to always attack when we are feeling low, or tired. Am sure you'll be fine though! Pamper yourself for a couple of days! :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/5/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 60 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,513 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $633 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 7 [B]Hrs:[/B] 7 [B]Mins:[/B] 23 [B]Seconds:[/B] 19
This is really odd. I woke up with a cold this morning and went about my usual rituals - had breakfast, coffee etc.. and then bang I've been getting really bad cravings all morning long.. RIGHT up to now as I'm typing this post. I haven't had 'these' types of cravings since my 1st and 2nd week and here they are now on the exact same day as when I get a cold. Coincidence? Anyone else ever feel sick - cold.. flu.. etc. and then get cravings? btw.. these cravings have been so bad that I've been crying on and off all morning long. J [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/4/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 30 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 761 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $307.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 10 [B]Mins:[/B] 16 [B]Seconds:[/B] 53

Reading this thread: