Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Mother's Day is coming in a few weeks!

AABBYGAIL RUTH

2024-05-15 10:52 PM

Depression Community

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-05-15 9:17 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.753 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,634 Members

Please welcome our newest members: CuppaJo, GCAJULAO, RPABIA, TEBON, SJOLINE GEL

Situational cravings....

17 years ago 0 7 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Anyone have any ideas on how to deal with the cravings that drinking brings on? Besides limiting the drinking? I'm afraid I'll crave after only drinking 1 and I want to know how others have dealt with this. Also how do you deal with it when you go someplace where people are smoking all around? I want to go out to a comedy club this weekend, but there isn't any area that is smoke free. I don't have strong cravings any longer and don't feel a big urge to smoke. Thanks! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/21/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 6 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 125 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $24 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 11 [B]Mins:[/B] 50 [B]Seconds:[/B] 2
17 years ago 0 932 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
FreshAir, I still have horrible cravings off and on. In fact, I'm having one right now on Day 10. It is amazing that you're not having any after 6 days and that's great. But really, really be careful. I'm very protective of my quit. I NEVER, EVER want to go through Hell Week again. I never developed a taste for alcohol so I'm no help to you there. But right now, speaking for myself, I wouldn't want to be around other smokers. Not this early. If you're concerned about drinking or being around other smokers, maybe you should re-think whether you should expose yourself to those triggers so early. Tutti [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/18/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 10 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 456 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $30 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 1 [B]Mins:[/B] 44 [B]Seconds:[/B] 6
17 years ago 0 537 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I did not drink in the beginning. Turns out it was not a big of a trigger as I thought it would be, you need to be very careful! I am a firm believer in N.O.P.E. You don't have any cravings at 6 days? Good for you. That is amazing. Be careful! Protect your quit Terri [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 9/28/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 152 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,294 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $541.12 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 15 [B]Hrs:[/B] 7 [B]Mins:[/B] 2 [B]Seconds:[/B] 1
17 years ago 0 1127 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi FreshAir, Try not to drink in the beginning, you will learn how to cope with that. As for going to a club where people smoke: Be proud to be a non-smoker. The smokers are the ones that are pathetic, not you. Make them see that non-smokers can have as much fun as non-smokers. Good luck and stay quit. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/1/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 333 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 9,994 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �982.35 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 46 [B]Hrs:[/B] 8 [B]Mins:[/B] 27 [B]Seconds:[/B] 49
17 years ago 0 47 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
For me, I have to not drink. Drinking and smoking go hand and hand and until I have a "handle" on NOT being a smoker, I have to also not drink, which isn't a big deal I don't drink that much. But, going out with friends, I like to have a few so going to limit that right now until I feel I am better able to cope with just having a drink or two and not smoking as well. It is well worth it- and my friends will have to understand they aren't smokers but, sure they will support me as they have with other things. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/26/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 2 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 48 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $10 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 5 [B]Mins:[/B] 33 [B]Seconds:[/B] 35
17 years ago 0 1155 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
If you must drink.... How about wearing the patch that night? That way, you can't smoke as it would make you sick? [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/24/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 4 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 111 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $26 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 9 [B]Mins:[/B] 0 [B]Seconds:[/B] 26
  • Quit Meter

$1,135,725.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 5542 Hours: 7

Minutes: 53 Seconds: 29

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 682 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Got the answer yet? Do NOT drink in the beginning if you were a drinker=smoker!!!! I for the first time last weekend at 4 beers of Fri night. Please don't tempt yourself..... [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/25/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 34 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 688 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $140.08 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 10 [B]Mins:[/B] 41 [B]Seconds:[/B] 41
17 years ago 0 301 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Likewise, I avoided alcohol for the first 6-8 weeks of the quit. I just knew it was too much of a trigger. CanI suggest that if you want to drink, alternate your alcoholic drinks with water or fruit juice. I have read that this helps. Good luck woith the comedy club, that is going to be tough with all those people smokinga round you. Its going to come down to your will power and determination. If you dont drink then these wont be affected. I wish you well !!! be strong and let us know how you got on. Cheers Kwiwkeith [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 9/29/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 152 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 3,802 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1763.2 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 22 [B]Hrs:[/B] 19 [B]Mins:[/B] 38 [B]Seconds:[/B] 26
17 years ago 0 12049 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Fresh, Use water to slow the drinking down. Substitute a bottle of water with every drink. Use your coping mechanisms, such as gum, candy, or water to help you through those smoking areas you can't avoid. You can do this, prepare yourself :) Josie ______________________ The SSC Support Team.

Reading this thread: