Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Emergency Happy Questions

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-06-11 2:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Questions to challenge negativity

2024-06-03 3:43 PM

Depression Community

logo

Social anxiety disorder

2024-05-29 1:50 PM

Anxiety Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Most Loved

Browse through 411.758 posts in 47.059 threads.

160,770 Members

Please welcome our newest members: MereM, browcari, Cas151, Britanica78, m_ladyschoolme

64 days w/out a puff, than bam!!

17 years ago 0 449 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
That sounds very scary and I'm glad you ok. Marie [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/3/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 18 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 540 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $135 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 19 [B]Mins:[/B] 13 [B]Seconds:[/B] 25
17 years ago 0 19 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Jaset, am at the beginning of my quit. Still I wanted the big change and I went to the doctor to get the paper to have a radiography of my lungs after 15 years of smoking. I got the paper, it's now in my agenda for 10 days. I'm not sure it will ever get away from there. I think it would be good for me to know what my lungs are looking like right now, just for later, for in 10 years time, to see the difference... Still, I'm too scared to look at it in the eyes. However, I can see you're completely convinced of your quit and even if, yes, what happens to you right now is completely unfair, you already managed to solve a big part of the problem by having quit already. Just remember how it is to be completely sick and still thinking about how to go and smoke a cig, and kind of hide from it coz it's completely stupid to go and do so when being sick but doing it nonetheless... And the spiraling of it... You are doing the right thing with your quit and this is going to help you to get better. Keep strong, Rai. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/1/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 20 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 608 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �80 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 10 [B]Mins:[/B] 35 [B]Seconds:[/B] 39
17 years ago 0 613 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Jaset: I wondered where you've been -- thought about you. I'm so sorry you've had this heart difficulty. It really doesn't seem fair, but whoever said life was fair, huh? I just hope you haven't lost your anger toward your addiction. (and the tobacco industry). Your posts on that issue really resonated with me and helped me a lot. It's the anger that keeps me on track. Tell me you're still PO'd yourself! Then I'll know all is well and right with the world again. Good to see you back. Please be gentle with yourself and your heart, ok? Keep the faith. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/8/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 104 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 4,193 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $832 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 13 [B]Hrs:[/B] 17 [B]Mins:[/B] 3 [B]Seconds:[/B] 21
17 years ago 0 613 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Jaset: Whew!! I feel better now -- you're DEFINITELY still you! Looking forward to hearing more from you -- glad you're willing to listen to your doctor, by the way. Take good care. Congratulations on your great quit, Jaset. Keep the faith [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/8/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 104 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 4,198 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $832 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 13 [B]Hrs:[/B] 17 [B]Mins:[/B] 26 [B]Seconds:[/B] 38
17 years ago 0 204 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Scary Marie?? Thats not the half of it. When you go into A-FIB, you feel like your heart is trying to jump out of your chest, you sweat profuslly, and you think the worst will happen. You panic cuz your heart is beating so rapidly and you cant stop it. So, make your quit the last one! Dont worry about getting fat, dont worry about what other people will think, just make sure you do it this time for good! Screw all the excuses! Stick with your quit. Fight the urge, and like I have said from the begining, get very pi**ed off at what these killer sticks did to you for so long!! Die from old age, not from lung cancer or heart disease. Does any one know what your lungs looks like after smoking 15 years? I will tell you. It looks like someone threw a handfull of coffee grounds at your lungs. It is not a pretty site. Problem is, we cant see our lungs like we can see our skin. If our lungs were on the outside of our body, NO ONE WOULD SMOKE! But we seem to take very good care of our skin becaues we can see our skin. We put cream on our skin to protedt it, we use all kinds of products to make our skin look so good. But we take our lungs for granted because we cant see it. I took a gross anatomy class in school. Got to see first hand what a lung looked like from a guy that smoked for 25 years. It looked gross. It was not pink, it was black. The aveloies were filled with what looked like coffee grounds! That is why we who smoke, have a hard time breathing. The carcinagens fill the aveloies and the oxygen cant pass through. Eventually we get emphazema and worce yet, we get a soft cell tumor and we die!! KEEP YOUR QUIT GOING! Jaset [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 11/17/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 65 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,302 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $357.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 10 [B]Hrs:[/B] 1 [B]Mins:[/B] 56 [B]Seconds:[/B] 43
Hello Faith! Lost my anger?? NOT A CHANCE! After I go for the stress test, I will be right back at it! I'll except this, its ok. It did drop me down a notch perhaps, but I am a stubbron italian!! Loveable but strobbron! As far as mr. rynolds, well, that will never stop. NEVER!. I will listen to the cardiologist, no prob. But I will be back. I will without a doubt take a different approach on this heart thing. Thought because I quit, it was time to be 18 again. I will take the lopressor for as long as i need it. But Faith, no way will i go back to puffing. I am awaiting my discharge summery of last saturday night. When I get them, they will be sent to mr idiot! I hope he chokes on it too! Be safe Faith, thanks for thinking of me! Jim [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 11/17/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 64 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,297 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $352 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 10 [B]Hrs:[/B] 1 [B]Mins:[/B] 0 [B]Seconds:[/B] 22
Its been 64 days since a puff. Gained 9 lbs, I feel great. Then last saturday night, I awoke to a strange feeling. I was in arterial fibulation. Heart beating sporadically. Drove to the hospital, was hooked up to a EKG. Was given 2 mg of ativan, cardizem drip for fast heart rate (176). Finally they gave me digoxin and I converted back to sinus rhythm. SO, THIS IS THE THANKS I GET? WOW! IT'S NOT FAIR! DAM IT! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 11/17/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 64 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,297 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $352 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 10 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 56 [B]Seconds:[/B] 44
17 years ago 0 449 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Jaset, Glad to hear you've maintained your quit through this difficult time! Just wanted to let you know that you have our thoughts and prayers! And I agree, it's not fair! Never will be. Stay strong and keep posting here! We miss your groovy wit!!!!! Prayers, Debbie [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/26/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 86 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,737 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $322.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 8 [B]Hrs:[/B] 11 [B]Mins:[/B] 2 [B]Seconds:[/B] 55
17 years ago 0 8760 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Jaset, No it's not fair isn't it!? But don't you think you're heart would be having a tougher time staying in rhythm if you were still smoking. Think about it: every time you took 3 puffs of a cigarette, your heart rate increased. When you quit, you heart rate took a nosedive for the better. Although quitting will not cure atrial fib, it certainly makes a difference. Know that despite this episode, you did the best thing for your health & your heart. Try not to let this get you down. Danielle ________________________ The SSC Support Team

Reading this thread: