Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Emergency Happy Questions

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-06-11 2:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Questions to challenge negativity

2024-06-03 3:43 PM

Depression Community

logo

Social anxiety disorder

2024-05-29 1:50 PM

Anxiety Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Most Loved

Browse through 411.758 posts in 47.059 threads.

160,770 Members

Please welcome our newest members: MereM, browcari, Cas151, Britanica78, m_ladyschoolme

Hummmm!!!

17 years ago 0 25 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I am already on a anti deppressant and have been for 3 yrs so hopefully that will fend off the depression that goes with quitting.
17 years ago 0 4 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Yes, I have lost my taste buds. Glad you asked. I think they where gone before maybe we just did not notice. Yes, depression, Actually you most likely smoked more when you where. Depression could be a trigger. Hang in there. Do some walking, force yourslef to drink water to clense the body from the smoking. Hey the brain with the depresson is saying " Hey, I need a fix, light up" Excerise will help alot, push youself to dance in the house to some good tunes, go for walks or runs etc. Walk a dog. Get busy. I have to call on a higher power often or I would smoke. This is the hardest time. I stopped for years and picked it up again and the second time to stop is seven times harder. Faith
17 years ago 0 204 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hello Windy, Your brain never functioned properly? Does that mean that I should worry about something else? Please, one problem at a time, but im interested. Jim [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 11/17/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 7 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 158 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $38.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 4 [B]Mins:[/B] 32 [B]Seconds:[/B] 35
Hello Josie, What is longer than expected? One website tells me one thing and this one tells me another. Jim [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 11/17/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 7 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 158 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $38.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 4 [B]Mins:[/B] 32 [B]Seconds:[/B] 20
Please dont tell me of expedience: 1) If you feel depressed and lonley, get help! 2) Dont get into situations that you cant handel 3) Put forth all your efforts in treating this illness. 4) Stick to the plan that was set forth by your doctor. Just a few pointers [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 11/17/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 10 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 219 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $55 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 15 [B]Mins:[/B] 29 [B]Seconds:[/B] 30
I feel for the people who get depressed. I am slowly seeing how it can become an issue. Jim [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 11/17/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 10 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 219 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $55 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 15 [B]Mins:[/B] 30 [B]Seconds:[/B] 9
Did anyone in there first week lose there taste except for tart stuff and things loke that? Did anyone get depressed? Jim [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 11/17/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 7 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 153 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $38.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 3 [B]Mins:[/B] 42 [B]Seconds:[/B] 28
17 years ago 0 983 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Nothing wrong with my taste buds...I wish there was something wrong. My stats: 20 days smoke free some 400 cigs not smoked 8 pounds located on my buttocks....priceless!!! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 11/7/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 20 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 449 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $110 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 19 [B]Mins:[/B] 15 [B]Seconds:[/B] 1
17 years ago 0 1150 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Jaset: I don't notice my taste buds b/c I'm in a make-believe land of intake. But, depression I can, perhaps, address. ( I really think you should start another topic re: depression and/or taste buds. And,I think it's interesting that you don't (would you like to comment on that?). I can tell you that in my first week of quit'n that I am depressed in cutting off an old friend who would always see me through. For me, smoking met a need of which I will now need to find a substitute. It's not easy. I don't know why. It's hard to find the perfect somthi'n that makes me feel - I don't care (even if I die - I'm tough), Breath in/ Breath out, I am not part of this picture - I may do anything. This may not make sense to some, but it will to others. Gotta go read a Good Night. I'm glad I'm alive and in the picture to be able to do this with my 8 year old son. Catch ya on the flip side. :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 11/19/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 7 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 79 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $35 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 17 [B]Mins:[/B] 30 [B]Seconds:[/B] 42
17 years ago 0 985 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
chickymama, I've been on an antidepressant now for 5 years and I've been through patches of more anxiety rather than increased depression due to my quit. When the anxiety hits I do a lot of deep breathing exercises and use visualization techniques to help me get through. If you do find yourself getting more depressed during your quit it might be advisable for you to tell your doctor. Wishing you all the best... Monica58 [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/31/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 28 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 573 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $252 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 3 [B]Mins:[/B] 3 [B]Seconds:[/B] 45

Reading this thread: