Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Mother's Day is coming in a few weeks!

AABBYGAIL RUTH

2024-05-15 10:52 PM

Depression Community

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-05-15 9:17 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.753 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,634 Members

Please welcome our newest members: CuppaJo, GCAJULAO, RPABIA, TEBON, SJOLINE GEL

What is with the number "3"

17 years ago 0 2631 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Perhaps Jan it might be because you have an organized, rational mind that works. Mine on the other hand will NOT respond on schedule or on demand! I've had a pretty good week today but was mighty cranky today. People kept having problems! (That's my job - but hey!!! Couldn't they give me a break!!! I wasn't in the mood for problems!!!) Then....I come home and hubby sees me for no more than 10 mins and says "Do you want me to pop that for you??!!" I am 42 and I have a HUGE pimple on my forehead AND a bad haircut AND i am going to a wedding tomorrow!! He is supposed to pretend that it doesn't notice the pimple on my forehead (but NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.....he points it out the minute I come in the room) Anyway, I'm not depressed, I am not going through difficult life experiences (and am grateful for that)but I AM CRANKY!! For absolutely no rational reason! If my mind would just stick to a schedule perhaps I could prepare for this! (Aren't you glad they don't let me anywhere near darts??) Take care! Windy [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 9/11/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 18 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 377 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $90 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 18 [B]Mins:[/B] 58 [B]Seconds:[/B] 51
17 years ago 0 41 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Maybe we should ask the Mythbusters! Today is day 3 for me, and I feel like a huge weight has been lifted - not like it's the worst day in the process. That was yesterday, for me. Had a bad night and also the experience of whatever I was in the grip of - letting go. Like a fever breaking. I think the "3's" are just a benchmark, an average. Your mileage may vary. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 9/24/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 5 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 133 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $25 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 14 [B]Mins:[/B] 28 [B]Seconds:[/B] 39
17 years ago 0 2039 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I've heard in order for a successful quit you have to be able to survive the "3's". 3 days, 3 weeks, 3 months and 3 years. Day 3 was a hurdle, I'll admit, and now I'm into week 3, soon to hit the 21 day mark, and this has been the toughest part of the quit yet. I'll make it through this, but I'm not doing too much right now. Forget the housework, I can't even look at it, dinners are a chore, but I'm managing. And moody...OMG! I can't even begin to tell you! Has anyone else experienced this "3" thing at certain stages in their quits. I sure hope it goes soon. At least I have darts to distract me tonight and there's no smoking there. Have a good one everyone, and I'll try too! cheers, Jan [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 9/11/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 18 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 550 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $162 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 2 [B]Seconds:[/B] 32
17 years ago 0 583 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Jan, It seemed like around anniversary were hard for me. Day 3, week1, 2 ,3, 1 month. You get the idea. It has gotten better. Once I got threw the 30day period. Although still have moments, but that is all they are. Brief, short and insignificant.You can get threw it. It does get better. Grace [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 8/8/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 52 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,052 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $208 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 17 [B]Mins:[/B] 50 [B]Seconds:[/B] 40
17 years ago 0 1127 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Jan, The number 3 stands for moods. That's why some people have some difficulties on that days. 3th, 30th, 3 months and so on. While quitting your mood will change now and then so you learn how to deal with your emotions. That means that 3 weeks can be a little hard, but it's only 1 day remember.... When you reach 3 months, you'll know how to handle that so that will not be too bad. Knowledge is power. Love from Holland Fini :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/1/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 181 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 4,536 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �533.95 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 24 [B]Hrs:[/B] 23 [B]Mins:[/B] 11 [B]Seconds:[/B] 13
17 years ago 0 3131 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Jan58 all of this will pass, one day at a time :)Marie [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/13/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 108 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,626 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $432 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 14 [B]Hrs:[/B] 7 [B]Mins:[/B] 11 [B]Seconds:[/B] 50
17 years ago 0 2838 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Too much oxygen to the brain, Jan. It's the 3 R's. Rub-a-dub-dub three men in a tub- The mouse ran up the clock- She stuck in her thumb, pulled out a plum, and said 'What a good girl am I!' [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 9/8/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 21 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,088 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $168 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 5 [B]Mins:[/B] 42 [B]Seconds:[/B] 19
17 years ago 0 3368 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
The 3's didn't affect me. But it is good to know the possibility of them just in case. Nothing wrong with being prepared. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/12/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 140 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 4,213 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $560 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 11 [B]Hrs:[/B] 19 [B]Mins:[/B] 31 [B]Seconds:[/B] 22
  • Quit Meter

$54,514.80

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 5957 Hours: 11

Minutes: 26 Seconds: 29

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 5009 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Jan, 3 years? I hope not. Most people acknowledge that you have to get through the seasons (ie one year) until you are free of this addiction. My view is (and it's only my opinion, but based on speaking to long-term quitters I know)... If you are finding it so hard after a whole year, then it is time to take a good look at yourself to determine whether there is another underlying reason for this. take care Mr Ed :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/13/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 228 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 6,858 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �1710 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 38 [B]Hrs:[/B] 2 [B]Mins:[/B] 45 [B]Seconds:[/B] 12
17 years ago 0 2257 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Sounds like an old (non-smoking) wives tail.

Reading this thread: