Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Mother's Day is coming in a few weeks!

AABBYGAIL RUTH

2024-05-15 10:52 PM

Depression Community

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-05-15 9:17 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.753 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,634 Members

Please welcome our newest members: CuppaJo, GCAJULAO, RPABIA, TEBON, SJOLINE GEL

Nicodemon's knocking but he can't come in!!!!

17 years ago 0 156 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Jan! Today the memories of smoking are knocking out my forces. I having some big trouble here... Day 16! But we will continue! It's all I could say to you by now. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 9/11/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 16 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 246 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $32 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 7 [B]Mins:[/B] 49 [B]Seconds:[/B] 52
17 years ago 0 156 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Jan Just to say hello! Hope you feeling better by now! Keep going! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 9/11/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 16 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 249 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $32 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 8 [B]Mins:[/B] 40 [B]Seconds:[/B] 51
17 years ago 0 87 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Jan58.... That nicodemon is evil, he lurks when we least expect him. I know you can do it... you are a couple more days into your quit than I am. You've already gone back to the basics (technique that is). Just ride out those cravings, remember anything is better than smoking. Do what you must to keep from it. I'm here rooting for you! :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 9/14/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 13 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 202 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $45.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 58 [B]Seconds:[/B] 35
17 years ago 0 2631 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Jan ...it's 8:16 p.m. here. Just checking in to see how you are doing. You are one strong, gutsy lady. You really made me think when you said "500 cigarettes not smoked" Isn't that phenomenal??!! You are so smart to go back to basics and ride this one through. Take care of yourself...we luv ya! Windy [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 9/11/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 16 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 337 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $80 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 14 [B]Mins:[/B] 22 [B]Seconds:[/B] 15
Hmmm..Quitty the Kitty?? Kinda has a ring to it! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 9/11/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 18 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 377 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $90 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 18 [B]Mins:[/B] 58 [B]Seconds:[/B] 12
Free anvils from Canada for all those wishing to conquer the Nicodemon...and if that doesn't work...my cat will knock him dead with his breath!! By the way....we get our new kitten on Sunday....any suggestions for names? I'm not into "cutesy" names but she is just so dang cute! Windy [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 9/11/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 17 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 358 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $85 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 16 [B]Mins:[/B] 47 [B]Seconds:[/B] 46
17 years ago 0 2039 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Morning everyone. Boy have these past 2 days been a struggle and a half. I've been bowled over with more thoughts of smoking than ever before. Again, back to basics, keeping it simple, water, straws,gum, deep breathing. And lots and lots of comfort and being good to myself. I will not stray too far from this site today, and again I am determined to win this battle!!! Temporary, temporary....I really do know that. Just wanted to vent. Glad you're there everyone!!!! Cheers, Jan [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 9/11/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 16 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 489 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $144 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 18 [B]Mins:[/B] 42 [B]Seconds:[/B] 1
Penitent and Gonna, thanks so much for your support and your positive attitudes. Its starting to rub off. You are great, guys. Cheers, Jan [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 9/11/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 16 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 493 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $144 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 19 [B]Mins:[/B] 0 [B]Seconds:[/B] 43
You are so right, Carpenter. We will beat this addiction one day at a time, one moment at a time! The cravings do get fewer and fewer. The trick is to ride them out. And it CAN be done, especially with all the help and support right here. So here's to a great smoke free day! KTQ, Jan [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 9/11/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 16 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 493 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $144 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 19 [B]Mins:[/B] 0 [B]Seconds:[/B] 7
Thanks everyone, you have all been wonderful. These past few days have truly been a MAJOR battle of wills. Nicodemon vs. me. And yes I've been depressed, angry, frustrated and just plain miserable!!!! Thank God for you guys. This nicodemon...he will NOT win. Smoking will solve nothing except to make me feel pretty darn bad about myself. Yeah I feel miserable and all right now, but at least I'm PROUD to say I haven't smoked in 16 days and haven't inhaled the toxic smoke and fumes from 500 plus cigarettes. I'll be just fine. Cheers and God Bless! Jan [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 9/11/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 16 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 503 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $144 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 19 [B]Mins:[/B] 53 [B]Seconds:[/B] 41

Reading this thread: