Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Mother's Day is coming in a few weeks!

AABBYGAIL RUTH

2024-05-15 10:52 PM

Depression Community

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-05-15 9:17 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.753 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,634 Members

Please welcome our newest members: CuppaJo, GCAJULAO, RPABIA, TEBON, SJOLINE GEL

Don't push that panic button just yet!!!!

17 years ago 0 2631 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
HAHAHAHAHA Gonna! No wonder he looked so happy when he came to the office today! I can't really tell you whether it was George or my fella...you'd have to check the breath! Boy ...it feels good to laugh! Windy [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 9/11/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 10 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 217 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $50 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 42 [B]Seconds:[/B] 6
17 years ago 0 2631 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Jan and Hi Gonna I was away last nite...but I bet my hubby would have been SURPRISED when you crawled in under those blankets!! hehehehehe Jan - I am by far the BEAT catastrophier (is that a word?) in the entire world. I can take absolutely any problem and turn it into a major crisis. I think that smoking is one of the first BIG issues which I have tackeled one day at a time. There will always be cigarettes somewhere but I don't have to smoke them. I think I need to take apply this "one day at a time" philosophy to the rest of my life. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 9/11/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 10 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 216 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $50 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 37 [B]Seconds:[/B] 37
17 years ago 0 2039 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Some really great posts here, guys. You've given me a lot to think about. Overall, I think I'm doing OK. I haven't been smoke free for this long in quite a while and I have to say it feels great! I don't think about tomorrow, because tomorrow I could be miserable, again. And if that happens....well, it happens. Tomorrow will take care of itself. A day at a time, a moment at a time. Tonight, as you say, CobenFan, I am a WINNER! Cheers everyone, Jan [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 9/11/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 9 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 298 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $81 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 1 [B]Mins:[/B] 59 [B]Seconds:[/B] 15
That's what I keep telling myself. I found myself looking too far ahead and then I would begin to panic. What if a certain situation should arise and I couldn't cope as a non smoker? What if my daughter doesn't get the job she wants? All of these "what if's" were adding up so ridiculously fast they were making my head spin. I was creating situations where in reality, there were none. So finally I envisioned a huge stop sign in my head as well as myself yelling "stop". And you know what, its working. I am living in the here and now, and letting tomorrow take care of itself. These past few days have been much better since I started this. I have a very active imagination and I certainly don't need to create situations in my head that will jeopardize my quit. So, something that really works for me: LIVE IN THE MOMENT & DON'T LOOK TOO FAR AHEAD. No need to panic when I don't have to!!!! My two cents worth. Cheers, Jan [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 9/11/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 9 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 294 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $81 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 1 [B]Mins:[/B] 41 [B]Seconds:[/B] 51
Gonna, I know this is a rough road sometimes. My hubby and I have had a few arguments over the past 10 days. I don't know if I'm being overly sensitive or he's not being sensitive to my feelings. But sometimes I want to shout at him as well as my kids, "Hey guys, I just quit smoking. Cut me some slack." So its not days 1,2, or 3 anymore, but the rough patches hit just the same. I think they forget that, or they want to forget that. I give them a not so subtle reminder from time to time, just to keep it real. So hang in there, Gonna. The tides will turn. You are doing great and have been a great motivation for others. Some of your posts are really funny. I look forward to them. Cheers, Jan [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 9/11/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 10 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 308 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $90 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 2 [B]Mins:[/B] 50 [B]Seconds:[/B] 58
Very well said Grace. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 9/11/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 11 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 354 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $99 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 6 [B]Mins:[/B] 53 [B]Seconds:[/B] 51
Very well put Free, and so good to hear from you, Sparky. GLad you're coming back. Cheers, Jan [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 9/11/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 10 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 319 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $90 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 3 [B]Mins:[/B] 53 [B]Seconds:[/B] 53
17 years ago 0 583 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Ok sorry I missed this. One of my dear friends always reminds me That God will give you the strenght to overcome things when you need it. Never before.
17 years ago 0 3131 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Jan you're doing it one day at a time :)Marie [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/13/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 99 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,499 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $396 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 13 [B]Hrs:[/B] 4 [B]Mins:[/B] 25 [B]Seconds:[/B] 42
17 years ago 0 3131 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Windy way to go, you make me proud :)one day at a time [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/13/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 100 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,514 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $400 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 13 [B]Hrs:[/B] 7 [B]Mins:[/B] 38 [B]Seconds:[/B] 31

Reading this thread: