Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Emergency Happy Questions

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-06-11 2:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Questions to challenge negativity

2024-06-03 3:43 PM

Depression Community

logo

Social anxiety disorder

2024-05-29 1:50 PM

Anxiety Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Most Loved

Browse through 411.758 posts in 47.059 threads.

160,770 Members

Please welcome our newest members: MereM, browcari, Cas151, Britanica78, m_ladyschoolme

What the???????

17 years ago 0 515 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey kiddo - how are you doing? You are my inspiration buddy!! Not sure if this is of any help or not (especially since I'm not experiencing sleep problems or smoking dreams - yet, ha!) but I did have those symptoms over 15 yrs ago when I quit drinking. Was a difficult time in my life & I was thoroughly addicted. Used a support group to get clean/sober & have been ever since. But experienced lots of insomnia, tons of wake-ups in the night, and then the dreams which to me were nightmares. I was terrified that it meant a premonition that I was going to relapse. Was told not to worry, that the addiction was in the subconscious & my subconscious was just "wondering" what would happen if I slipped, was just running scenarios through to see how I would handle it. And they all (without exception) said it would pass, a normal sleep pattern would return, it varies with everyone, etc. Not sure if this has any validity to it, but it helped me to know it didn't mean I was gearing up for a slip. It was just a few crazy dreams and even though it was rough going on day after day on very little sleep, it did pass!! Hang in there Krissie as you're doing so well. Am proud of you!! Ericon :) We can be smoke-FREE forever! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 7/30/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 3 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 121 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $21.75 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 9 [B]Mins:[/B] 21 [B]Seconds:[/B] 28
17 years ago 0 123 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thanks very much for the comments guys.... Ericon, you are doing great so far.... How are you holding up?? I managed to get a nap earlier today and had some really disturbing dreams again.... Not about smoking this time but about a disgusting big sore on my face... Bizarre.... I am sure I can manage my way through it, spoke to my pharmacist today and she recommended that I try some herbal sleeping aids if I continue having restless nights... At least I know that I don't belong in the psych ward... LOL.. Thanks again guys Krissie
Hey guys, Need a little help here...LOL It's 3am here in the UK and I have just woken up from another bad night (just completed day 5 and I have had ONE whole nights sleep)... It's boiling over here at the moment (comparative to the snow that we get at this time of year.. Kidding lol) and I just can't stay asleep for very long... I went to bed at midnight and woke with a start at 2.30... Great, Like who needs 8 hours kip anyway?? What woke me was a very bad dream, it almost felt like reality... I dreamed that I had come downstairs, gotten my partners pack of ciggies and lighter and had a sneaky ciggie, thinking "well if nobody knows it doesn't count as cheating".... OMG.. I feel really guilty and I DIDN'T DO ANYTHING!!!!!! Is this normal, has anyone else had dreams like this?? One thing to add though is that my mouth feels funny after that dream.... HELP.. Please???? Krissie I have been quit for 5 Days, 3 hours, 6 minutes and 23 seconds (5 days). I have saved �22.71 by not smoking 102 cigarettes. I have saved 8 hours and 30 minutes of my life. My Quit Date: 28/07/2006 00:01
Hi Guys, Thanks so very much for the feedback on this.. I really thought I might be going insane.. I have never experienced this before during any of my previous Quit attempts.. Perhaps it is because I am more determined that this is my Last quit.... Luna, I do not use the patch or any form of NRT, I suffer from psoriasis and the Nicotine that I take into my blood from using NRT makes it flare up really badly and get really painful, which in turn triggers my arthritis (which is psoriasis related) which affects my psoriasis and on and on in a vicious circle.... LOL I never want to have a dream like that again... I managed to nap for another couple of hours this morning so not too tired as yet... Krissie
17 years ago 0 1904 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Addicts call that a using dream. My first day, I dreamed that I had actually bought two packs of cigarettes a couple of days earlier and that one pack was still in the house. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 7/11/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 22 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 880 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $176 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 4 [B]Mins:[/B] 50 [B]Seconds:[/B] 39
17 years ago 0 457 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Holy Crap! That must have been absolutely terrifying! I've had some doozy dreams that i'm tell you about over on msn, but not one of those. *hugs* [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 7/17/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 16 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 910 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $208 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 9 [B]Mins:[/B] 25 [B]Seconds:[/B] 2
17 years ago 0 1127 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Krissie, Those dreams are normal. It tells you that your body is healing. I had a few dreams myself and they were so real, just scary. Now I know that it means your healing so don't worry about it. Keep up the quitting. :)FINI :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/1/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 123 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 3,090 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �362.85 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 17 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 7 [B]Seconds:[/B] 32
17 years ago 0 3131 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi AIsis, I get those dreams often, but they're getting better as I progress in my quit. Remember one day at a time :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/13/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 50 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 764 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $200 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 6 [B]Hrs:[/B] 17 [B]Mins:[/B] 14 [B]Seconds:[/B] 46
17 years ago 0 2838 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I had one that I just KNEW was real, but it was not. I woke up and smelled my hands and hair and made sure the front door was still locked. I dreamed I woke up, went out on the front porch and smoked. Even woke my husband up and asked him to tell me if I smelled like smoke! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/23/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 71 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 3,577 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $568 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 7 [B]Hrs:[/B] 8 [B]Mins:[/B] 36 [B]Seconds:[/B] 24
17 years ago 0 3368 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Yes ... it is soooooooooooooo normal. I think I have had 3 or 4 smoking dreams. They scare the poop outta me. Sorry for the visual. LOL. But, uh ... yeah. The dreams were very realistic. I had to be awake for a few to know that I had not smoked. I haven't had a smoking dream in probably a month now. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/12/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 81 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,458 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $324 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 6 [B]Hrs:[/B] 21 [B]Mins:[/B] 25 [B]Seconds:[/B] 18
  • Quit Meter

$54,547.20

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 5961 Hours: 2

Minutes: 31 Seconds: 29

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Reading this thread: