Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Emergency Happy Questions

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-06-11 2:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Questions to challenge negativity

2024-06-03 3:43 PM

Depression Community

logo

Social anxiety disorder

2024-05-29 1:50 PM

Anxiety Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Most Loved

Browse through 411.758 posts in 47.059 threads.

160,770 Members

Please welcome our newest members: MereM, browcari, Cas151, Britanica78, m_ladyschoolme

HELP! will we ever be back to normal?

17 years ago 0 394 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
THIS is exact what i was thinking before i logged on before!! So glad i found the thread!! I was thinking what is normal?? Was I normal before? I am or feel not normal now!! Definition: what is normal??? ann :0 [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/6/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 30 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,338 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $477 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 17 [B]Mins:[/B] 58 [B]Seconds:[/B] 45
17 years ago 0 394 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
hi again made a search on the web of what "normal: really means a long list came up and one of them where [i]Entered English from French or Latin. It has the same Latin root as norms: made according to a carpenter's square, or right angled or (in medieval Latin) regular. But in the late 15th century its only English use was rare: a "normal verb" was a regular verb. By the mid 17th century it was used in English for something right-angled or perpendicular. It meanings as usual, typical; ordinary, conventional and physically or mentally sound or healthy emerge in the early 19th century.[/i] "physically or mentally sound"?? well. Its not sound to smoke!! So that must be ABNORMAL isnt??? [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/6/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 30 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,338 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $477 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 17 [B]Mins:[/B] 59 [B]Seconds:[/B] 15
17 years ago 0 695 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
My question.. Will we ever be back to normal? I cried on Monday? Craving like crazy this weekend!!!! Stocked up on chewing gum to get through tonight! Happy B'day America Help Any suggestions?? [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/22/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 43 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 868 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $129 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 4 [B]Hrs:[/B] 11 [B]Mins:[/B] 15 [B]Seconds:[/B] 43
17 years ago 0 695 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
thanks everyone What a day. Thank goodness, it was sooooo HOT in the SOUTH that I could not have smoked a cig if i was still a smoker.... Just a short 15 min. walk from the partking lot to the park to see the fireworks with my hubby and children. (at 8pm tonight)I was totally wet from head to toe....It is so hot and humid it was hard to breath.. I was so glad not the be a smoker tonight!! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/22/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 43 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 879 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $129 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 4 [B]Hrs:[/B] 12 [B]Mins:[/B] 34 [B]Seconds:[/B] 13
17 years ago 0 481 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I think we need to be very observant right now and notice the things that start to disappear. That way, we can appreciate the first time we get up not craving, or drive without craving a cigarette. I wouldn't say I feel normal, I still feel like I am missing, or forgetting something, and have craves at strange times. But I will say that I can see progress if I really try to notice it. I'm sure so would everyone if they took the time to notice. One really annoying thing is that I felt like I was rushing to get out of everywhere. I was really rushing so that I could smoke, but I wasn't really thinking that conciously. Well, I have noticed that sometimes that feeling is gone. I can go to the store and just take my time if I don't have to be anywhere right away. No hurry. I celebrate each of these things, and I think as these add up, they will equal "normal". Notice very carefully. I'm sure you are making progress too. Love, Mama [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/18/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 18 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 753 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $102.6 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 23 [B]Mins:[/B] 56 [B]Seconds:[/B] 14
  • Quit Meter

$75,004.05

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 6529 Hours: 19

Minutes: 37 Seconds: 17

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 3368 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Will we ever be back to normal? I was never normal to begin with. ;p heh! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/12/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 56 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,694 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $224 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 4 [B]Hrs:[/B] 18 [B]Mins:[/B] 1 [B]Seconds:[/B] 25
  • Quit Meter

$54,548.40

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 5961 Hours: 4

Minutes: 34 Seconds: 21

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 261 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Dear oodle, We spent so long making ourselves "smoking" normal. Nicotine altered our brain chemistry to the extent that the only reward our brain recognised was nicotine! In a very short time, you brain will start the recovery journey of making new reward pathways again. (I've stolen all this from Shevie) :) Dear Mr Ed, I'm sure that you're as normal a pony as ever did clip clop. :) alison Kick the Herb to the Kerb [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/16/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 51 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,534 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $637.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 7 [B]Hrs:[/B] 5 [B]Mins:[/B] 56 [B]Seconds:[/B] 43
  • Quit Meter

$90,914.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 8672 Hours: 22

Minutes: 53 Seconds: 22

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 8760 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Oodlechick, You're developping a new way to live you're life. This takes time and effort. You're just hitting a rough spot in the transition phase. Keep persevering and keep practicing you new lifestyle, this will pass! Just keep reminding yourself of everything you love about being a non-smoker and all you have to look forward to. Danielle _____________________________ The SSC Support Team
17 years ago 0 5009 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Oodlechick, As I am Mr Ed I don't suppose I'll ever be normal! But I sure prefer the new me to the old me! Take care Mr Ed :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/13/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 142 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 4,276 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �1065 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 23 [B]Hrs:[/B] 18 [B]Mins:[/B] 24 [B]Seconds:[/B] 48
17 years ago 0 1070 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Its all about making a new normal! Its okay to be uncomfortable, that is expected. As time passes you will realize what your new normal is. Do you really want to go back to your old normal? [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/15/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 50 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,010 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $225 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 14 [B]Mins:[/B] 16 [B]Seconds:[/B] 35

Reading this thread: