Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Mother's Day is coming in a few weeks!

AABBYGAIL RUTH

2024-05-15 10:52 PM

Depression Community

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-05-15 9:17 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.753 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,634 Members

Please welcome our newest members: CuppaJo, GCAJULAO, RPABIA, TEBON, SJOLINE GEL

IM FINDING IT REALLY HARD!

18 years ago 0 1521 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
bogbott, LOOK AT YOUR DAYS SMOKE FREE! Stay strong, don't give up now! You've come too far to give in now! Make good use of your coping mechanisms. Remember we are all here for you! Melanie __________________ The SSC Support Team
18 years ago 0 1687 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Oh Jan, should I ever have the courage to send a message like you did, everyone would know that it is a cry for HELP!!!! Hang on to that quit. Do something that is relaxing for you. Talk to someone, cry, deep breathing, take a walk, have a pity party, but just don't smoke. You have such a good quit going and I think that you will soon realize that. HANG TIGHT!!!! :) Sunshine [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/7/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 63 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,079 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $220.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 9 [B]Hrs:[/B] 3 [B]Mins:[/B] 8 [B]Seconds:[/B] 36
  • Quit Meter

$229,979.25

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 6398 Hours: 3

Minutes: 31 Seconds: 30

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

18 years ago 0 2614 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Duffis says refocus. This seems astute. The stuff that comes up with the child and all the anguish can be made into a distraction. Very subtle very clever way for your mind to say lets just say "not smoking meas nothing to me rigt now" ... When you heart says "someone talk some sense into me". Truth be told the greater part of you got to the computer created this post this cry for help and here it is. Yes relax, refocus and get back to the fact that you have spent 149 days quitting, stopping and the rest is to get back on track and not smoke. phillip [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/17/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 22 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 447 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $165 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 15 [B]Mins:[/B] 27 [B]Seconds:[/B] 31
18 years ago 0 415 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Not worth it! You know that! I am here for you! ;p The Chicken [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/12/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 30 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 305 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $112.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 1 [B]Mins:[/B] 23 [B]Seconds:[/B] 38
18 years ago 0 92 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
If it was easy we wouldn't be here. Giving up is giving in, giving in is admitting you aren't strong enough. I can't and won't admit that to myself or to those people that care about me. So don't feed me this "it's too hard thing". Everyone feels that way at some point. Use it. Tell yourself: "It won't get any harder than this". Just don't smoke. Don't buckle and give in, stand tall and show yourself and others that you can beat it. We'll help, but you have to put a stop to your negative attitude. If it's not Aimee you'll just have someother stress producer. Tough it out. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/24/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 19 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 330 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $85.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 35 [B]Seconds:[/B] 19
18 years ago 0 327 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
i dont know if i can do this,there is a great part of me right now that wants to smoke,bigger than the part that dosent! im having big probs with aimee,6 years old yesterday and she thinks the world is here for her to use and abuse.i got her a little cake and put 6 candles on it for her. she came in here and said she,d took a bit off and its disgusting! gee thanks!that upset me alot ,i didnt think she was that uncareing! an hour later nanny comes in with a 10in cake with aimees photo printed on it!!!!boy i felt great!!!!!! just give the spoilt little brat wot she wants why dont you! she said to nanny that my cake was to small and hers was much better! i dont think it sank into nanny thick head one bit!!! this was just the iceing on the cake for me[exuse the pun!]i have been fighting a loseing battle with her for months,im evan going to start going to see somone medical about it soon its got so bad!im fed up that everyone thinks she lovely,well behaved ect and i go threw hell at home.i know its not all her fault but i brought my 2 elder girls up to care and respect there elders and they still do 20 years later!i cant get through to aimee ,ive tryed charts/stars/special time ect but it soon wares thin with her. sorry im going on a ramble here! not smokeing means nothing to me right now. someone talk some sence to me [or aimee may be more helpfull!] [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/13/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 149 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 3,730 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �588.55 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 14 [B]Hrs:[/B] 12 [B]Mins:[/B] 28 [B]Seconds:[/B] 37
update! still feeling down but copeing.lady said im not craveing a fag but im craveing a release.she is right,i have to find another release for all the crap. i know its bad but im glad others are posting that they to are haveing a bad time ,i dont feel so bad myself! duffis is right also ,i didnt mean that no smoking means nothing to me anymore,of course it does or i would have gone out and got some! the reason im quitting is for aimee,so im around for her when she.s in her 30,s unlike mine who died when i was 21. so when she,s being a monster i will remember that im doing this for her!!!!!![i will have to think of a different reason!] love ya all jan xxxx
thanks duffis im breathing in and out as fast as i can!i may go hyper any minuit!
18 years ago 0 42 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Jan, you need to calm down you'll blow a fuse if you dont. Its not Aimee's fault, the kids of today dont have the respect & values that your elder daughters have. i'm sure your doing the best you can with Aimee but they will pick up the bad stuff at school & from there friends. Smoking will not make it better.go have a hot bath & relax. Deb
18 years ago 0 1450 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Jan~ I hope this note finds you feeling better. When something stressful happens our brains first reaction is 'to smoke.' But, only because that is what we used to do. Now that we have quit hopefully we learn 'new ways' to deal with the stress. You jumped on the computer and vented to your support group. THAT is one of your new alternatives to smoking. So you did good! :) I'm reluctant to try to address the situation with Aimee because I don't know the details. I understand where everyone else is coming from and agree for the most part. Yet, I see it from a different angle too. So for that reason I'll tell you this in case it might be helpful to you. (just ignore it if it doesn't fit your situation) I don't think I could have 'spanked' her on her birthday. Here's why. When my little boy turned 3 we had a big suprise party for him at my mothers. We decorated, invited kids, balloons, cake... the whole 9 yards. The minute he saw it all he burst out bawling and refused to even open a gift! He went from crying to almost hateful. It was crazy. All the kids ate cake and then went home with him crying in the bedroom. It was not a party it was awful. I was so embarrassed. Turns out he didn't want a party because he didn't want to TURN 3. Unfortunately, I had mentioned to another adult within earshot of him that I was going to replace HIS bottle with a sippy cup when he turned 3. So, he thought if he didn't have a birthday party he wouldn't get older and could keep his bottle. Perhaps Aimee has some underlying issues that you are not seeing. Kids don't generally act out without reason. (and they don't always comprehend what the reason for their bad behaviour is either) Also, I have to tell you this. When I was at the beginning of my quit--- I was crying alot and my son (9 years old now) ask, "Momma why are you crying?" I told him I was trying to quit smoking and it kind of hurt. He said, "I understand, it's like when I had to give up my bottle, huh?" I said 'yes' and we hugged. *I tear up just remembering THAT* Be patient with your little girl. She wants to have a good relationship with her mother as much as you want to have one with her. [color=blue]~[font=Arial]all the best[/font][/color] [img]http://img291.imag

Reading this thread: