Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Mother's Day is coming in a few weeks!

AABBYGAIL RUTH

2024-05-15 10:52 PM

Depression Community

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-05-15 9:17 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.753 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,632 Members

Please welcome our newest members: GCAJULAO, RPABIA, TEBON, SJOLINE GEL, Duncan Brown

Ahhhh!!!! Had a really bad day!!!

18 years ago 0 1521 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Tanya, Stay strong, do not give in. Take sometime out for yourself. Make a list of coping mechanisms to utilize when stressed out. Try some mediation, relaxation exercises or even take a nice hot bath. Whatever it is do not give in. Stay Strong, Melanie _____________________ The SSC Support Team
18 years ago 0 36 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Help!! I was an absolute crazy person today! I felt like I was on the first day of my quit. Most of the time I can cope really well and I've actually surprised myself at how well I've been able to manage this time around. Well today I was Godzilla!! It started this morning when I was getting dressed and wasn't able to do up the button on my jeans. Ahhhhhh!!!! I tell myself that I'd rather be thin and smoke than bigger and healthy. Anyway, after that I was grumpy and yelling at my 3 year old son all day and while I felt bad about it, I still could not stop myself. Then when my computer crashed and would not start up again (except in safe mode) I was sooooooo ready to go buy some cigarettes. After I fed my son some lunch and got him to lay down for a nap, I too had a little rest and fixed my computer. Slowly... I started to feel better and calmer. Now I am so glad that I didn't cave in and smoke. I am so glad to say that I have made it through the day smoke-free but I'd thought that I had made it through the roughest time period and today (38 days into my quit) caught me totally off guard. I can't get over how strong the urge hit me and for a good part of the day. Now I just keep thinking... that poor little boy, he so did not deserve that and there is no way that he can understand what is going on with his Mommy right now. I don't want to snap at him or scream at him and make him think that he is being bad when really he is just being a typical 3-year-old. I just can't seem to stop myself and I REALLY HATE IT!!! Why? Why? Why? Why does it have to be so hard? [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 12/29/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 39 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 917 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $195 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 12 [B]Mins:[/B] 24 [B]Seconds:[/B] 0
Thanks, Penquin. I just want today to be over and hope that tomorrow is better or I may just cave to the crave! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 12/29/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 39 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 919 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $195 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 12 [B]Mins:[/B] 31 [B]Seconds:[/B] 23
I know you are probably right, Butterfly, however it shocks me sometimes at the things he does remember. I guess I'm just very surprised because I thought that it should be getting easier by now and I want to make myself stop eating because gaining weight (I think I'm up 10 pounds) and being mean to my son are almost like deal breakers for me. Yes, I've been going to the gym but it doesn't seem to make a differnce. I just want to scream because I don't really want to smoke, I just want to feel normal. Tanya [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 12/29/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 39 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 919 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $195 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 12 [B]Mins:[/B] 33 [B]Seconds:[/B] 23
Actually, Stubow, I've been nekid for 17 days now. Shouldn't I have at least three days of being 100% nic free? I don't know. All I know right now is that tomorrow is a new day and I hope to start out fresh. Today is over and I didn't smoke... so I made it! That is all that I know for sure right now. Thank you all for being here today! It really really helps. Tanya [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 12/29/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 40 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 921 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $200 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 12 [B]Mins:[/B] 44 [B]Seconds:[/B] 28
18 years ago 0 427 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Tanya, I just wanted to point one thing out. Don't forget you just got nekid a couple days ago. This is probably your first day 100% nic free. That could have allot to do with it. Like Pam said don't beat yourself up. You have a great quit going and some days will be rougher than others. We can all get through this together. Just Say N.O.P.E. [img] http://stubow.com/ssc/ka.jpg [img] Kickin Ash in 06 StuBow [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/13/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 25 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 626 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $100 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 17 [B]Mins:[/B] 17 [B]Seconds:[/B] 46
  • Quit Meter

$25,050.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 635 Hours: 15

Minutes: 12 Seconds: 4

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

18 years ago 0 427 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Sorry Tanya. I musta got my days and posts mixed up. I thought you just took off the patch a couple days ago. Nic should be out of our system in about 72 hours and all that is left is the mental part. Just Say N.O.P.E. [img] http://stubow.com/ssc/ka.jpg [img] Kickin Ash in 06 StuBow [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/13/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 25 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 627 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $100 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 17 [B]Mins:[/B] 26 [B]Seconds:[/B] 2
  • Quit Meter

$25,050.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 635 Hours: 15

Minutes: 12 Seconds: 4

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

18 years ago 0 254 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I also had a horrible couple of days about a week and a half ago.....I had read a post somewhere about being around the 30 day mark is a milestone and one more dance for nicodemon. There will probably be other days like this unfortunately - it's the price we pay for quitting an addiction. But we are all getting more comfortable in our quits each day that passes, realizing that "normal" is basically what we experience 98% of the time, and having a crave take up our thoughts is 2% or less of the time. I can deal with that. Can you? You did - yesterday. Wanna try again? ;p [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 12/19/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 50 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 754 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $337.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 4 [B]Hrs:[/B] 13 [B]Mins:[/B] 1 [B]Seconds:[/B] 29
18 years ago 0 2830 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Sorry... 3[b]9[/b] days! I didn't mean to short you a day! I'm sure you worked VERY hard for it!!! :) Crave the Quit! Butterfly [IMG]http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c177/kissnflirt/Butterflies/littlebutterflies.gif[/IMG] [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/28/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 101 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,548 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $333.3 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 7 [B]Hrs:[/B] 9 [B]Mins:[/B] 35 [B]Seconds:[/B] 4
18 years ago 0 2830 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Tina, Be proud of yourself! You made it through an incredibly tough day and didn't cave! Your quit will be stronger now because of that experience! Just hang in there and don't give up. Your son is 3 years old... he won't remember this experience when he gets older because he most likely hasn't developed a permanent memory yet (ironically, we studied that tonight in my psychology class). That's not to say that you can be mean to him all the time because of it, but just that he won't remember this horrible day, so you shouldn't beat yourself up about it. You've got an awesome quit going! Hang on to that and don't let go! Congratulations on 38 days! Crave the Quit! Butterfly [IMG]http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c177/kissnflirt/Butterflies/littlebutterflies.gif[/IMG] [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/28/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 101 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,548 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $333.3 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 7 [B]Hrs:[/B] 9 [B]Mins:[/B] 34 [B]Seconds:[/B] 57

Reading this thread: