Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Mother's Day is coming in a few weeks!

AABBYGAIL RUTH

2024-05-16 2:52 AM

Depression Community

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-05-16 1:17 AM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-14 7:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 9:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Most Loved

Browse through 411.753 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,616 Members

Please welcome our newest members: BBEA ANGELIC, HMAZO, MLISING, JHAYLO, AEREVE

Food tastes so good now, boo hoo

17 years ago 0 2039 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
OK, time to come clean. I'm a carb junkie as well! I have all the materials of a well known weight watching group. I've pulled them out, blown all the dust off them, and NOW I'm ready to read them. I was even thinking of rejoining that weight watching group. Haven't decided yet. In a couple of weeks I'll be 3 months quit, and now I think I'm ready for this. Cheers, Jan [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/13/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 73 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,218 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $657 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 8 [B]Hrs:[/B] 7 [B]Mins:[/B] 27 [B]Seconds:[/B] 6
17 years ago 0 2631 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Ahhhhhhhh...Gonna - You don't want to lose those cute little dimples in your backside - They give you character! Anyway...now we are even....I've been working my butt off and I'm finally down to a size 10 and you are up to a size 10 - That means that we both have cute dimples in our backsides (well - I haven't checked) Windy [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 9/11/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 197 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 3,954 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $985 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 19 [B]Hrs:[/B] 6 [B]Mins:[/B] 13 [B]Seconds:[/B] 30
17 years ago 0 2838 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Okay.....I have actively been avoiding this topic since I found the 40 lbs I gained disturbing....I went from a 6 petite to a 10 :gasp: I have been eating healthier and I have been exercising and, I believe, I am finally losing a bit. I haven't weighed myself (threw out the scales in a fit of anger several months ago) and I have NO intention of weighing myself until I get rid of the cute little dimples I have developed all over my backside! :8o: I am watching what I eat and have been walking each night. A group of women at my church have been getting together to exercise at the activity center a few nights a week as well. Helps to be accountable to someone else.....besides, it can't hurt that you can go somewhere to lose weight, get healthy and get saved all at the same time! ;p freedomforme......I don't know what to say. I DREAM about food since I quit smoking. Carbs are my downfall, not sweets. Losing weight is my new battle now. Funny how the lbs just jumped on real quick, and are v-e-r-y slow to come off....... [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 9/8/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 200 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 10,021 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1600 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 21 [B]Hrs:[/B] 5 [B]Mins:[/B] 23 [B]Seconds:[/B] 11
17 years ago 0 2039 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I hear you all!!!!! It's a crime that food should taste so good. I've been avoiding this topic. Now its time to face the music. Cheers, Jan [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/13/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 73 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,201 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $657 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 8 [B]Hrs:[/B] 6 [B]Mins:[/B] 1 [B]Seconds:[/B] 34
17 years ago 0 12 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
ok, now I want fruitcake! I am so open to suggestion! The glass of water does help, and the water is wonderful for you, but if you want it to taste like oreos you are going to have a problem. Unless of course you start dunking oreos in the water, but that wouldn't solve the problem. For me, ciggies were my food substitute. If I was hungry, I lit up. Now my taste has changed. Things that tasted good to me before now taste funny to me and I don't like them. New things I had never tried before taste wonderful, but its always stuff I dont know how to cook for myself. Most days I live on salads and toast. One thing I have found is get the most flavor you can get. I use a low-cal raspberry vinegarette dressing on my salad (the spray is best because you use less), I use a lot of lemon now. I drink a lot of flavored teas. I LOVE fish entrees made with a red wine/ basalmic vinegar mix (1:1 ratio). I found if I really overload the tastebuds, I feel satisfied more easily. I also like the basalmic vinegar mixed in with my veggies when I cook them. For example use fresh asparagus, broccoli, carrots and use just a teeny bit of butter or margarine to prevent sticking to the pan and add some basalmic vinegar mix or a red wine vinegar. cook until still firm, but not crunchy. now my mouth is watering!
17 years ago 0 243 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I'm just now wanting to eat everything I can get my hands on. My appetite is awful. I'm with aunt deb about the fruit. It does help in curbing your appetite. I don't know what else to do about this. I'm afraid that I'm going to keep gaining and gaining. I have gained about 6 lbs. That's a lot for me as I have a small frame. I know it's called will power. I think if I can quit smoking I can whip this. But how more miserable can I get. I know that I will never cave in on the smoking, but this eating is really getting to me. Oh well surely it will get better. Has anybody else experienced this and does it goes away? [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 11/28/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 118 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,372 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $283.2 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 16 [B]Hrs:[/B] 20 [B]Mins:[/B] 44 [B]Seconds:[/B] 0
Thanks Lainey - I think you are right...Part of it is that the food tastes so good but the other part is having a shut off button. At home, I can finish my meal, pour a cup of green tea and head to the computer. When I'm socializing we stay at the table (whether at someone's home or at a restaurant) and I tend to keep eating.......sugarfree gum it will be! Windy [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 9/11/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 195 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 3,914 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $975 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 19 [B]Hrs:[/B] 1 [B]Mins:[/B] 32 [B]Seconds:[/B] 7
17 years ago 0 3875 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey Windy, try chewing gum. I have had that problem and I really think it is that I needed something to keep my mouth busy (Don't laugh), seeing that I am not smoking anymore. I started using gum after a meal and now I crave gum, instead of a smoke, especiallt after lunch. BUT i did notice that when I am chewing gum (as much as I am not that fond of it) it really does keep me from eating everything else is sight...and its sugar free! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/5/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 18 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 473 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $189.9 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 6 [B]Mins:[/B] 51 [B]Seconds:[/B] 24
Hi Freedom - Sorry to say but I agree with Phil...I think it will taste good forever. I buy healthy food to eat at home (The great thing is that it tastes good now too!) but I have no willpower when I go to restaurants or eat at other people's homes. In fact, because I eat healthy most of the time, it kinda feels like being at an oasis after weeks in the desert. I have absolutely no ability to watch portion size but changing what I eat and exercising regularly has helped me go in the other direction with the weight... Windy [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 9/11/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 193 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 3,873 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $965 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 18 [B]Hrs:[/B] 20 [B]Mins:[/B] 49 [B]Seconds:[/B] 42
17 years ago 0 8760 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
FFM, It's a phase in the sense that this new taste is certainly making foods more appealing and once your tastebuds settle down, your eating may as well. Until then, do watch your portion sizes and try to make healthy choices. Also try to increase your physical activity level to compensate. Find some physical activity you enjoy doing and have fun losing the weight! Danielle ____________________ The SSC Support Team

Reading this thread: