Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-20 2:48 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.755 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,654 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Julia725, RFULLERO, OJOIZA ALTHEA, PKENNETH LANCE, JSABAS

HELP...feeling really lousy

11 years ago 0 124 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi tiredmommy

First time somebody tells me the she´s proud of me. It feels great

NOPE

11 years ago 0 76 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Congratulations, Carlos! That is a really big achievment to go to a pub for some drinks and not light up!!! You should be proud!! I am proud of you!!
Hi all
I am feeling a bit better and also proud because went to a pub last night, drank some beers and didn’t have a single puff.
Some people were smoking and never thought of lighting one up.

I am  on Wellbutrin and was before taking paroxetine, but felt better with paroxetine, no crying spells.

Thanks for your comments 

11 years ago 0 967 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Carlos,

Crying is all I did for three months! My doc said it was normal, I sure didn't feel normal, it was horrible, but not enough to give up my quit.  She put me on some anti depressants for a few months and then it was over, I was ok.  Not saying it will be that bad for you, but I think feeling really sad is NORMAL.  Plus, you have so many other things going on, it can be overwhelming.  Take time for yourself.  That was hard for me as my counter part always made me feel kinda selfish for taking the time, but he never quit, still smokes actually...AND I AM FINE WITH THAT!  Never thought I would be.  I used self hypnosis tapes I bought over the internet , subliminal ones, just laid in the dark, listened to the music and made my brain shut off...best medicine...stop thinking.  You can do this, you are a strong person.

Keep it up.

Kelly
Thanks to all for your help

I am not going to quit my quit. Feeling much better now

NOPE  
11 years ago 0 11218 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Carlos,

I'm sorry to hear you are feeling this way. Know you are not alone in this. We are right here with you.

In addition to withdrawing to the toxic chemicals smoking introduced, there are also many changes going on in your body.

When you smoked, nicotine triggered the release of neurotransmitters in your brain. These neurotransmitters are responsible for good mood. When you quit, it isn't uncommon for your mood to take a nose dive.

This case of the blues is temporary and until it passes, there are a few things you can do:

* Exercise as it releases endorphins and these are also conducive to good mood.

* Rewarding yourself with something pleasurable. This triggers the same release of neurotransmitters we mentionned.

* Get outside and get adequate rest as these also affect your mood.

Can you think of any other activities that may help?

Ashley, Health Educator
11 years ago 0 187 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0

Hello Carlos, I'm also on Day 9 and using nicotine patches.  It's been a rough go, but if we've made it this far, there's no reason why we can't keep going.  Just think, wouldn't all this struggling be a waste if you light up now?   I'll put in the rest of the day if you will. 

11 years ago 0 2778 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey Carlos,

Breath deep!!!  Take a few minutes and go through the program and concentrate on the section which covers coping mechanisms.  Also, you might consider doing a search on coping mechanisms on the Forum page.  

Stress can be a quit killer and cause many triggers!  Remember HALT and try to avoid becoming Hungry, Angry, Lonely or Tired!!!  I know that your first thought is to reach for that cigarette to make everything all better, but we both know that it will do NOTHING to make anything better!  Try a quick walk away from your current setting... I used to walk 10+ flights of stairs, rhythmically deep-breathing with every step!!!  I cleared my mind and concentrated on the steps and breathing!  It really seemed to help me!  Try to find ways to distract yourself or remove yourself from what is causing your craving.  It all helps!!!

You have completed Hell Week and that is a major accomplishment!!!  Congrats!!!  Keep rewarding yourself daily in the early days of your quit!  Rewards for yourself help!!!   I'll try to find some other previous posts and bump them forward for you to read!  Keep checking here and I'll let you know what posts to look for!

Hang in there, buddy!  It's hard, but SOOO worth it to attain your freedom!!!   One minute, one hour, one day at a time!!!  

One last thing.... Positive Self Talk!  You CAN do this!!!  Keep telling yourself that!  A craving will NOT kill you... continuing to smoke will!!!

Jim 
  • Quit Meter

$44,407.50

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 1062 Hours: 20

Minutes: 6 Seconds: 53

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

I’ve been smoke free for nine days so far and feel like crying all the time and sometimes I do.

I am onWellbutrin and nicotine patches, and am under lots of stress ( separation,business not going as well as planned, and so on)

This is not my first quit and I have never felt this  way before.

Is it normal and how I cope with it?

Thanks for your help

Reading this thread: