Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Emergency Happy Questions

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-06-11 2:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Questions to challenge negativity

2024-06-03 3:43 PM

Depression Community

logo

Social anxiety disorder

2024-05-29 1:50 PM

Anxiety Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Most Loved

Browse through 411.758 posts in 47.059 threads.

160,770 Members

Please welcome our newest members: MereM, browcari, Cas151, Britanica78, m_ladyschoolme

I smoked last night!

17 years ago 0 44 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey DJ, Those home pregnancy tests are worthless! Those damn false negatives turn around and kick ya right in arse. Bite the bullet and go to the Dr. so you know for sure. Theres a lot of other bad behavior you'll need to avoid as well :) As for your OB's advice, I know they are so called "professionals" so we supposedly should trust them but not all of them really give the best advice. For example, my girlfriend was told that if she could keep her smoking at 1/day, the baby wouldn't be affected. Yeah right! Her poor baby boy was born with a big hole in his lung and had to stay in the hospital on O2 for a week. You know in your heart whats right. And people here swear by Chantix although I went cold turkey. It's three days of hell but you'll be alright. The rest is mental. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/1/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 29 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 59 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $29 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 4 [B]Mins:[/B] 21 [B]Seconds:[/B] 16
  • Quit Meter

$227,290.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 4959 Hours: 2

Minutes: 56 Seconds: 2

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 44 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Tutti! false negatives happen all the time! Especially the home tests that give you the earliest results. DJ- I hope thats your case sweetie... good luck on Monday! AND Tutti I'm on day 29- nana na nana! What soap box? Naw, I'm just jokin around with ya!
  • Quit Meter

$227,290.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 4959 Hours: 2

Minutes: 56 Seconds: 2

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 932 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
No problem here. DJ, how are you doing now? Are you breathing and drinking that water....not at the same time though. ha ha ha ha I'm sloshing again when I walk from all of the water I'm drinking. It does help though. Keep us posted, okay? We're here for you and we'll support you all of the way. Hugs, Tutti PS I have you added to my Instant Messenger list but it shows you're offline. In fact, all of my contacts appear to be offline. ha ha ha ha I haven't quite figured it out yet. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/18/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 12 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 570 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $36 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 8 [B]Mins:[/B] 16 [B]Seconds:[/B] 41
Hey DJ, I'm so glad to posted back. I think you're doing a wonderful job because you're trying and that's what counts. My daughter has had a hard time getting pregnant for the last two years. I can't tell you how many pregnancy tests she's bought but every single one of them have been accurate. They're not crap. You can get a false/positive or a false/negative but it happens rarely. My daughter took another test yesterday morning and, Yee Hah!!, she got a positive result. Today, she went to the doctor and again, she got a positive result. Oh, and she did tell me that the plus sign on your test yesterday was light. It as there but light in color. I want to stay smoke free for myself and for my grandbaby. So, I'm going to need your support and the rest of our buddies on this site. And we have a lot of them. The main thing for you to do right now is to breath in slow and deeply through your nose then exhale slowly through your mouth. Concentrate on relaxing your neck, shoulders, back, arms and on down to your little feet while you breathe. This will help you to relax so much. If you feel like crying, go ahead and do it hun. That's just our way of letting go of the stress. Keep drinking your water, okay? I'm about sick and tired of it myself but, I keep drinking it because it really, really helps with those craves. For some reason, when I get cravings, my body starts to tense up and I feel anxious. So I'm breathing in and out and drinking water too. Not at the same time though. ha ha ha You will get through this and you just vent all you want and need to. We're all here for you. Tutti :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/18/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 12 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 564 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $36 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 7 [B]Mins:[/B] 54 [B]Seconds:[/B] 50
Kiwi, I agree. Enough said. Tutti [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/18/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 12 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 566 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $36 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 8 [B]Mins:[/B] 2 [B]Seconds:[/B] 15
Folks, we are here to support smokers who WANT to quit. We're not here to get on our soap boxes and lecture the hell out of someone just because we have a few days or months under out belts. There is nothing worse than hearing a reformed smoker with an arrogant, cocky attitude. As MomMom said to me when I failed the first time, "We're all just one puff away." That's true. DJ - I know you are fully aware of the dangers of smoking. I don't believe you've been told one thing about those dangers that you don't already know. You're right, it is the addict. I've seen posted so many times, Quitting is a process. Some folks are "serial quitters." This lady is trying to quit and she's listening to her doctor. Don't call her doctor a loon. She trusts her OB and who here as a medical degree. Folks, a few of these posts have been very disappointing because we are here to support our friend and now she's upset. DJ doesn't need a lecture and the people who are "overstating the obvious" need to lay off. DJ - Look at the majority of the posts on this thread. From what I'm reading, the majority of the posts are people reaching out to you and we're here to support you. Please, focus on those posts and ignore the ones that are upsetting and hurtful. I sure as hell would. I'm here for you and I'm a genuine peach. LOL Please, don't cry. There are a few posts on this thread that need to be ignored because those posts are hurtful. Just focus in on all the posts that are helping and supporting you. Mine for example. hee hee We are here for you....I know I am and I do understand your situation right now. For all of those who are TOO, TOO proud of being a reformed smoker remember this, "Pride goes before the fall." Careful now. Hugs DJ...We will get through this. We ARE here for you. Tutti [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/18/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 12 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 563 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $36 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 7 [B]Mins:[/B] 51 [B]Seconds:[/B] 16
DJ, I sure hope you come back and check in with us. We all really do want to stand beside you and help in every way we can. I hope you're not feeling alienated. I'm not going to raise cane because you slipped up. You're still trying and that's what counts. I could go into long ass lectures too but you know what.....I think you know all that stuff already. Duh!! Right? So, let's just keep going on with your quit. Cut way down and stick to your game plan. Then taper on off and talk more with your doctor. Keep us posted hun. We'll stand beside you through thick or thin. Hey, I could use your support here to you know!! ha ha ha I found out today that I'm gonna be a granny for the first time. How's that for news!! A granny at 46 and I'm so excited. That was at the top of my list of reasons to quit. I'm diabetic and I've been so afraid that I would not live long enough to see my own grandchildren come into the world or, I was afraid that I'd lose my sight and never get to look into their little faces. The cigarettes had to go. I want to live longer, be here for my family, and see my grandchildren. So, I need your support here too. If I start getting shaky, I'm gonna need all of ya'll to sort of smack me around a bit. ha ha ha Lots of Love Sent To You and Please, Keep in Touch. We're all here for you. Tutti [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/18/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 12 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 542 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $36 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 6 [B]Mins:[/B] 40 [B]Seconds:[/B] 11
Well said, Katy. Ditto to everything you said in your post. Tutti [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/18/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 11 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 527 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $33 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 5 [B]Mins:[/B] 49 [B]Seconds:[/B] 17
17 years ago 0 1150 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
go to main page and look for blue highlight at top right to re-set meter. If you have a patch on or doing some other replacement then you are still getting nicotine. Is this the same OB you had last time? If you only think you are pregnant - are you at a different point from when you quit with your daughter? I'm thinking about the developmental stage of the baby. I don't know how much you have to worry about a zygot having withdrawals vs. a well developed fetus. I recommend asking again. Congratulations on your news. Keep posting. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 12/29/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 62 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 624 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $310 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 5 [B]Hrs:[/B] 22 [B]Mins:[/B] 12 [B]Seconds:[/B] 24
17 years ago 0 318 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Ask your OB if you could use Chantix [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 9/22/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 161 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 8,052 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1610 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 23 [B]Hrs:[/B] 6 [B]Mins:[/B] 24 [B]Seconds:[/B] 11

Reading this thread: