Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-20 2:48 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.755 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,684 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Strongyogi*, TNIKKA, SKARYLE KATE, BMARC ANTHONY, MNJD

Feelin' Blahhh Today

17 years ago 0 10 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Jan, it has only been 4 days for me and I feel exactly that way. I get a twinge but it passes quickly but I don't want to do anything either. Don't feel guilty. We have this saying in our house "It's all about you" we do it as a joke or sometimes not. Now I say It's all about me. At least right now. The cold weather doesn't help, though yesterday was nice enough to go looking for our old cat that has run a way, I think he went off to die, but we looked anyway. I must have walked at least a half a mile and that was great. Grab a dust rag and just walk around the house. sometimes that helps me pick up some energy. You have pasted your quit smoking goals. One to quit and another to stay quit, what is your next goal. what do you want to do?
17 years ago 0 650 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hello Jan, I know what you mean, I do get days like that too. Some days I have more stuff to do than there is hours in the day to possibly do them, but I just can't bring myself to do them. There is always tomorrow. As for that cold snap, I wish it would end soon. I do still go outside, put on the old ski pants, boots, etc... My dog needs to go out for business and my equines need to be fed 4 times a day, plus the time I spend with them working them. Spring is just around the corner, if you believe the ground hog!!! Try to cheer up Good luck, Loulou [IMG]http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p19/donkeylover_01/image0044-1.gif[/IMG] [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/1/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 37 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,199 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $157.25 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 15 [B]Mins:[/B] 34 [B]Seconds:[/B] 16
17 years ago 0 2631 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey Jan - I drove past your city on Saturday for a night out in the Big City with my Mom and sisters....Did you see me??? We drove past on Sunday too but had a nasty drive and ended up stormed away from home until Tuesday. This cold weather is a brute when you have the blahs. I usually need to get out and exercise to get my energy back and get rid of the blahs and going outside is just not a "happy" experience these days! It's still storming and highways are still closed here! You are so right, the blahs are part of the quit process...Fortunately they don't last forever! Congrats on 25 days - You are doing soooooooooooooo well! Windy [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 9/11/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 149 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,995 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $745 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 14 [B]Hrs:[/B] 14 [B]Mins:[/B] 9 [B]Seconds:[/B] 19
17 years ago 0 2039 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thanks guys, You know what, I feel better tonight. My daughter and I(hubby working late tonight) bundled up with sweaters, coats, hats, scarves and mitts and took the beagles for their walk. We didn't go too far, because it was just too cold! Anyhow, it was nice to get out. And this afternoon after work, I washed and cleaned all my kitchen counters and cupboards.(Yay for me!!!!) That does not mean that tomorrow I might feel like continuing this trend. Its a day to day wait and see kind of thing. Soooo glad you guys are here. And Windy, yeah I thought I saw you driving by. I can believe the weather was too bad to get home until Tuesday. Next time you drive by I'll be sure to wave. Thanks again guys, Cheers, Jan P.S. - it's American Idol tonight!!!! My very best coping tool. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/13/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 25 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 774 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $225 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 21 [B]Mins:[/B] 41 [B]Seconds:[/B] 13
17 years ago 0 2039 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I count feeling blah as a withdrawal symptom. Not a short term one but a psychological symptom that takes longer to get rid of. I don't crave cigs and I don't feel like smoking, I just don't know what to do with myself today. There's things I SHOULD be doing. I only work a couple of hours a day, so the rest of the time I'm at home, feeling guilty for not wanting to do housework. The motivation to do these things just isn't there right now. Most of the things lying about aren't my anyway. Like the shoes in the front hall! I know with only 25 smoke free days behind me, I can't expect to feel normal yet. I will be patient, do what I can when I can, and on the blah days, I'll be kind to myself. What I need to do is drop the "guilt" feelings. My kids are grown and I've taken care of them all their lives, now its time for me. This FREEZING COLD snap we're having here in Ontario doesn't help either. Can't get out and walk without getting frostbite. Oh well...maybe tomorrow won't have that blah feeling to it. Just wanted to vent. Cheers, Jan [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/13/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 25 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 763 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $225 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 20 [B]Mins:[/B] 38 [B]Seconds:[/B] 37
17 years ago 0 1006 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Glad to hear you're feeling better Jan! You're doing soooooo well! Deli [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 8/1/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 191 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,876 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �573 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 16 [B]Hrs:[/B] 3 [B]Mins:[/B] 9 [B]Seconds:[/B] 1
17 years ago 0 1006 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
You want a 'duvet day', Jan?? You take a 'duvet day' my darling!!! Do whatever you fancy, just for one day, even if you just want to bore yourself rigid under a duvet watching daytime telly. We all deserve days like this, once in a while. I remember around the 25 day mark, it does feel a bit strange, doesn't it? Like boredom, depression, a bit of 'ennui'. Don't worry, love, it will pass. Pass me the chocs and the remote control for the telly - move over!!! Deli [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 8/1/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 190 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,858 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �570 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 16 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 42 [B]Seconds:[/B] 0
17 years ago 0 2838 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Gosh...I sure hope you perk up real soon. When I left home it was in the 30's and I packed for those temps. Here the temperature is in the mid-70's. I may be a little warm in my sweaters and suit jackets. I say...if the shoes in the hall aren't yours, fill them with snow and/or ice cubes and take a nap. Today on the news it said you can lose weight better by sleeping more. I'm a bit confused...I have slept more than ever since I quit, but I am packing the pounds on when I should look like twiggy!(?) Oh well.... [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 9/8/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 152 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 7,640 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1216 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 16 [B]Hrs:[/B] 4 [B]Mins:[/B] 21 [B]Seconds:[/B] 35
17 years ago 0 1306 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
You are having a blah day, I'm having an up day. UP, DOWN, UP, DOWN. Yesterday, when I came home from work, I just wanted to spend the afternoon in bed - to sleep away that constant aggravating buzzing that seems to be in my head. I had lots I could and should be doing. Hmmm. I did lie down on the bed and thought.....this just isn't working. GET UP, put your feet on the floor...take and step....and another step....and another step. I had vacumning to do, so I put a favorite concert DVD on, turned it up loud and turned on the vacumn. I began to feel better and better. The music distracted my thoughts (because I was singing), and I accomplished something. It felt good. Today, I am just trying to keep busy. I am trying to think of how I can make myself feel better - what will help. They are out there, we just don't know what they are yet. The shoes will wait Jan. I think we are strong enough now to let go a little bit, and try and find out what else life has in store for us - even if it's just the vacumning. Think back to the beginning - were they not all bad days or blah days. Now we have good days mixed in there somewhere. Soon, there will be more good days than bad and blah. I'm certain of it. One foot in front of the other. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/10/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 28 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 568 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $322 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 20 [B]Mins:[/B] 16 [B]Seconds:[/B] 49
  • Quit Meter

$330,561.45

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 6029 Hours: 16

Minutes: 46 Seconds: 54

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 763 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
that blah feeling is perfectly normal.....my daughter and I used to think it would strike at strange times....no thoughs of smoking mind you.....just a feeling that "something" was missing?? "something" wasn't exactly in line with our thinking?? of course it was smoking!!! We weren't using smoking to pass the time or to reward ourselves.... Just shake off the thinking.....get a new hobby....give yourself SOMEthing that you can turn to when you have time. It becomes your reward to replace what used to be treating yourself to a smoke?? you are doing great and believe me....these times will pass....the freedom from nicotine just keeps getting sweeter with time Katy [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/4/2002 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 1860 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 74,418 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $10602 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 245 [B]Hrs:[/B] 8 [B]Mins:[/B] 42 [B]Seconds:[/B] 16
  • Quit Meter

$159,033.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 5345 Hours: 15

Minutes: 47 Seconds: 7

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Reading this thread: