Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Mother's Day is coming in a few weeks!

AABBYGAIL RUTH

2024-05-15 10:52 PM

Depression Community

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-05-15 9:17 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.753 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,634 Members

Please welcome our newest members: CuppaJo, GCAJULAO, RPABIA, TEBON, SJOLINE GEL

And my head...is where???

17 years ago 0 813 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Sounds to me as if your head is right where it should be, squarely in the fight. I have had the same experience of confusion over things that in my old life where dead easy. Today I had to have a friend read and organize my expense report, a task I normally do without thinking. But I have decided that a bit of eccentric behaviour is worth the eventual outcome of becoming a non-smoker...Leave the little things for now just concentrate on the single goal of getting on another day without the junk we have all craved for far too long... Be as kind to yourself as you can be...this is your fight and you have a right to be victorious. nonic
17 years ago 0 420 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
They need to have no smoking treatment centers where we just check ourselves in for a week and wonder around aimlessly until our brains return. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 12/31/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 14 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 146 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $27.02 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 16 [B]Mins:[/B] 50 [B]Seconds:[/B] 6
17 years ago 0 53 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Jan! Believe it or not, the "symptoms of recovery" (a great description I read on the net) are really a perk in that it gives us a guilt free reason for being lazy or otherwise self-indulgent! ;p The lack of concentration for me was pretty severe the first few days but by the end of the week, I was able to remember my name and where I lived - which was good because I was running out of gas driving around town looking for my house. Seriously though...be kind to yourself. These physical symptoms will pass soon enough and you'll be back to your busy, but healthy life before ya know it!! Enjoy your movies!! ;) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 12/23/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 22 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 915 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $107.14 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 6 [B]Mins:[/B] 57 [B]Seconds:[/B] 22
17 years ago 0 985 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I too have to say.. take a nap! It'll do you a world of good and ..well, I fear you may leave your home and not remember where it was when you finally want to go home. hehe... Napping is a very good thing and at the very least, grab the remote and lay down and watch a movie or some t.v. :) Thinking about you.. you're doing great honey. Monica58 [IMG]http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o304/Monica58/happy062.gif[/IMG] [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/12/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 2 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 53 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $18 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 7 [B]Mins:[/B] 11 [B]Seconds:[/B] 19
17 years ago 0 2631 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey Jan - It's 7:00 now...I haven't quite finished cleaning my apartment (hmmm...that's about 9 hours so far)...Would you like me to come clean your house??? I'm pretty good (it just takes awhile....) Windy [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 9/11/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 125 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,515 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $625 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 12 [B]Hrs:[/B] 6 [B]Mins:[/B] 3 [B]Seconds:[/B] 0
17 years ago 0 2631 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Good for you Jan - You are right on track....Your brain doesn't know what to do with all that oxygen! I'm cleaning today but so far I've talked on the phone for over 2 hours, checked e-mail, had lunch, checked scc...oh yeah...and washed the floors. (Aren't you glad I don't do this for a living and get paid by the hour???) Windy [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 9/11/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 125 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,511 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $625 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 12 [B]Hrs:[/B] 5 [B]Mins:[/B] 34 [B]Seconds:[/B] 16
17 years ago 0 2039 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Proudly not smoking today, however, if my head wasn't screwed on tight, I swear I'd lose it. Went grocery shopping this morning, and forgot to take the car keys out to the car. My wallet?...was still in the house. And hubby was going to make me a cup of..what? Oh yeah, tea, that's it! My concentration today has sprouted wings and flown the coop. That's OK, I love no brainer days. Means I don't have to do anything I don't want to. Hmmm...watch a movie or have a nap??? Have to decide, hope its not too taxing on my brain!!! Drinking loads of water, THAT I didn't forget to do. Keep the quit, Cheers, Jan [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/13/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 1 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 46 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $9 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 4 [B]Mins:[/B] 13 [B]Seconds:[/B] 17
17 years ago 0 2039 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
You can come and clean anytime, Windy! Do you do lunches too? Both hubby and daughter need lunches for tomorrow, and guess what, tonight, I really don't feel like making them. All I want to do is lounge on the love seat and watch TV. I'm having a hard time getting over feeling a little self indulgent doing this, but you know what, I NEED to do this right now. So...having said that...they can make their own lunches for tomorrow. Just having "venting" time, Cheers, Jan [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/13/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 1 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 54 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $9 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 4 [B]Mins:[/B] 51 [B]Seconds:[/B] 27
17 years ago 0 3908 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Jan Wait until you turn 60... Your symptoms are a normal day!!! Now what was I looking for? Phil x [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 8/8/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 160 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 3,364 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �840 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 32 [B]Hrs:[/B] 1 [B]Mins:[/B] 4 [B]Seconds:[/B] 23
17 years ago 0 2838 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I'm with Shevie! :) Sounds like my 'fend for yourself night!!!!' Microwave is BUSY!!! If you are over 8 years old....you are on your own! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 9/8/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 129 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 6,450 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1032 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 13 [B]Hrs:[/B] 15 [B]Mins:[/B] 50 [B]Seconds:[/B] 7

Reading this thread: