Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Mother's Day is coming in a few weeks!

AABBYGAIL RUTH

2024-05-15 10:52 PM

Depression Community

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-05-15 9:17 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.753 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,634 Members

Please welcome our newest members: CuppaJo, GCAJULAO, RPABIA, TEBON, SJOLINE GEL

The "Junkie" in my head

17 years ago 0 5 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
That junkie, always selling you on another reason for taking a hit and paying for it later. It's almost as if the junkie has another agenda, doing as much damage as he possibly can to you. Almost as if he gets a bonus not just for the fix but for hastening our demise. That junkie wants us dead. Let's start taking pleasure in starving him to death. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 9/13/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 0 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 0 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $0 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 0 [B]Seconds:[/B] 0
17 years ago 0 2631 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Jan - How's the quit going? My junkie got lost for most of the day today...hope he gets lost permanently! Hope you had a good day! :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 9/11/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 3 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 79 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $15 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 9 [B]Mins:[/B] 2 [B]Seconds:[/B] 24
17 years ago 0 2631 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Jan That junkie is really loud today for me too. I swear, if I could find a cigarette, I would smoke it. (Fortunatey I don't have any) I started on Monday too. How are you doing now? Did you make that junkie go away? [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 9/11/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 2 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 57 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $10 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 6 [B]Mins:[/B] 28 [B]Seconds:[/B] 34
17 years ago 0 44 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Jan, MASSIVE APPLAUSE goes out to you on achieving 2 Days. Backin you all the way. Dont let the junkie make you a flunkie. Face him down.All the best wishes go to you. just think 48 hours without a smoke. WOW. go girl.... AL
17 years ago 0 2039 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Well put Kat. I really try to steer my mind away from thinking about smoking. It helps. And I don't need to torture myself further, that's for sure. Thanks for all the great advice. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 9/11/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 3 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 106 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $27 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 9 [B]Mins:[/B] 22 [B]Seconds:[/B] 2
The junkie in my head has been nattering at me all day. Just as little as 1/2 hour ago it tried to come up with a convincing reason for me to take off my patch and start smoking. It told me that since I was feeling down, a smoke would help. It told me that I could start again on Saturday(that of course would give me an extra 2 days of smoking). My junkie thought this idea was just full of possibility, I told my junkie to get stuffed!!! That has always been one of my biggest problems when quitting. I would always start again(with good reason, or so I thought), with the promise to start 2 or 3 days later. That way, I placated myself with the promise of a quit in the very near future, but during the smoking time, I had to smoke all I could because the quit was coming. Problem was, it never came. Thanks for letting me ramble on guys, it really helps. This time I WANT the quit, no matter what it takes. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 9/11/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 2 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 76 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $18 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 6 [B]Mins:[/B] 44 [B]Seconds:[/B] 47
Sparky - you couldn't be more right. I don't want to do those two days over and over again. I've done that enough already. No, I fully intend to stick this out, and when I'm having a rough time I can come and post here and know I am not alone. I think we are all experiencing the Junkie inside of us and we have to learn to tune him out. Pinktexas - You are 2 full days into your quit as well. So we are probably experiencing a lot of same things. Hope you are doing OK. Keep me posted as well. Cheers, Jan [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 9/11/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 2 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 80 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $18 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 7 [B]Mins:[/B] 0 [B]Seconds:[/B] 29
17 years ago 0 117 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Jan- That has to be junkie talk cuz I understand it!!!! I had that conversation with myself over and over!!!! Mine was I thought for sure someone in my family or my dog was going to suddenly die and I would just have to go back to smoking!!! Well, everyone is still safe and sound and the dog is alive and getting alot of walking and I am smoke free!!! Shut the junkie up and take a deep breath!!! It has only been 3 weeks since I quit and I actually for the first time in my life know what a deep breath is!!! Take care of you today!!!! ;) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 8/21/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 23 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 590 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $80.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 21 [B]Mins:[/B] 32 [B]Seconds:[/B] 38
17 years ago 0 583 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
hey the junkman told me that me and hubby would be better off if I were smoking again. Grace [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 8/8/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 37 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 755 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $148 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 16 [B]Mins:[/B] 30 [B]Seconds:[/B] 47
17 years ago 0 583 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Marie, I do talk them all away. I have been doing quite well. But I still have all sorts of junkie thoughts. Most of them just CRAZY. Grace

Reading this thread: