Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Emergency Happy Questions

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-06-11 2:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Questions to challenge negativity

2024-06-03 3:43 PM

Depression Community

logo

Social anxiety disorder

2024-05-29 1:50 PM

Anxiety Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Most Loved

Browse through 411.758 posts in 47.059 threads.

160,770 Members

Please welcome our newest members: MereM, browcari, Cas151, Britanica78, m_ladyschoolme

It's Midnight and Nicodemon is ALIVE!!

17 years ago 0 583 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Banagrace, Sleep is sooo important right now and hard to get. My mom told me about this stuff called melatonin. I t is a dietary supplement. Take 1 before bed it will help u sleep. It is natural and you can get over counter just about anywhere. It has been a huge help. Although I do not use everynight, don't won't to be depending on it. I actully did not take it last night and of course nicodemon is after me today. He very much so haunted my dreams. Oh yeh garlic supplement helps to go to sleep to. As for the dog, I also take a ball out there. My dog loves playing, so he does his biz and I get a little excerise. My dog actully let out a real nasty poop on the kids playroom, becuase not only did I not let him go outside. I forgot to feed him to. That was tues my first day. c ya Grace
17 years ago 0 10 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Ok, I have official moved out of the "Introduce Yourself" forum to the "Coping with Withdrawals" forum. I am typing now (12 a.m.) because I can't SLEEP! I was in the bed just a tossin' and turnin'. I finally gave up and got up to come in here to make a post. Really want a smoke...but NOT going to do it! I realized something funny today...I came home from work, cooked supper, helped my kids with homework, baths, etc. and when I got ready to go to bed I realized my poor chihuahua has peed on the floor!! You know why? I always let him out when I go outside to smoke (I never smoked in my car or house) but I didn't go out once since I had come home! Poor fella was used to using the bathroom at least once an hour! I apologized to him and took him out...he rewarded me with a poop. I guess I need to keep that habit in my schedule, but make sure I take a piece of candy when I take him out.
17 years ago 0 10 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Too funny...and thanks everybody. I'm sneaking a post right now at work. Doing ok today..just real tired from hardly any sleep because I tossed and turned all night. I will try the herbal supplement suggestion...thank you! I am kinda worried about the weekend because working keeps my mind off it. Guess I will have to think of a new hobby! Maybe I'll just sleep all weekend....:) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 8/9/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 2 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 26 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $7 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 5 [B]Mins:[/B] 19 [B]Seconds:[/B] 0
17 years ago 0 1904 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Ha! Ha! NOPE [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 7/11/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 31 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,240 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $229.4 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 2 [B]Mins:[/B] 27 [B]Seconds:[/B] 41
17 years ago 0 457 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey Banagrace, I don't eally have anything to add that the others havn't, but I wanted to say "good job". [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 7/17/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 25 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,400 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $325 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 3 [B]Mins:[/B] 24 [B]Seconds:[/B] 43
17 years ago 0 1128 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey Banagrace, I have been like that either one extreme or the other, i did what you are doing, read posts, posted, did that till i was so exhausted i had to sleep. Lol i have a window seat here at work and i can see all the smokers driving out of the parking lot with a cig hanging out of their mouths, eyes all squished up, smoke coming out of their nose, they sure DONT look like they're enjoying it. They look like they're in pain actually lol Your poor dog lol I like your plan, take a candy out with you :) You are doing really well. PrincessC :) x [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 7/11/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 31 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 620 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $316.2 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 11 [B]Mins:[/B] 55 [B]Seconds:[/B] 5
17 years ago 0 3131 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Banagrace congrats you are coping well, bring a straw or mint or a bottle of water with you to create a new habit when you go outside with the puppy :)Marie [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/13/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 59 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 885 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $236 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 7 [B]Hrs:[/B] 18 [B]Mins:[/B] 50 [B]Seconds:[/B] 54
17 years ago 0 12049 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Grace, Your doing well! Keep using those distractions and you will fair well :) Try some relaxation techniques before bed to relax you and ease you into sleep. A warm bath, good book or even some stretches will help. Keep Strong, Josie ______________________ The SSC Support Team.

Reading this thread: