Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Mother's Day is coming in a few weeks!

AABBYGAIL RUTH

2024-05-15 10:52 PM

Depression Community

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-05-15 9:17 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.753 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,632 Members

Please welcome our newest members: GCAJULAO, RPABIA, TEBON, SJOLINE GEL, Duncan Brown

NO SUPPORT FROM HUBBY and CRAVING BAD RIGHT NOW!!

17 years ago 0 44 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Ann, Just checking in with you to see how your doing. Please do remember your doing this for yourself and your health. Keep strong. Beb [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/15/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 11 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 230 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $88 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 8 [B]Mins:[/B] 9 [B]Seconds:[/B] 49
  • Quit Meter

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 0 Hours: 0

Minutes: 0 Seconds: 0

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 1127 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Downunder Ann :) I'm glad you feel better today. Dutch hug for you and stay strong. Fini :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/1/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 86 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,168 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �253.7 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 11 [B]Hrs:[/B] 22 [B]Mins:[/B] 15 [B]Seconds:[/B] 27
17 years ago 0 1127 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Sweet Ann, Go for a walk and smell everything you see. Show your husband that you don't need help from him, you can do this alone. You are doing great so far. I didn't have any help at all. All my friends and co-workers smoke and they didn't want to hear that I stopped smoking. That made me mad enough to show them that I didn't need help. And I still show them that I CAN do it. Now they say that they are jealous, but now it's too late for them.....lol. I'm happy to be a non-smoker. Keep strong Ann, you can do it girl. Big Dutch hug for you. Fini :p [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/1/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 86 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,152 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �253.7 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 11 [B]Hrs:[/B] 20 [B]Mins:[/B] 17 [B]Seconds:[/B] 20
17 years ago 0 772 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hello Ann, Was just thinking about you, I dont think I will have time to read loads of posts tonight, am so tired, I havent been sleeping too well lately. SO I will ask how you are doing on this thread. How are you feeling today? Is it better today? I am worried the amount of power that you are giving that cigarette. I am worried how precious that you are making it. Have you tried writing a goodbye letter? I know that you smoked really heavily for a long time like me, so I know how hard it is. It is only a bit easier for me right now, because i quit so many times this last year, that I think I am prepared for it now, and sick of going back to day one.. (it takes me ages to give up again every time I do that, and I am SO SICK of smoking). I actually dont miss it at all. I went shopping today bought a new dress for a summer ball that I am going to in 2 weeks, its going to be great, staying in a hotel. How are things going with you? You hit 3 weeks didnt you? WAHOO WELL DONE!!! :) YOU are doing SO WELL.... keep going I promise it DOES get better you cant throw away 3 weeks... One bit of advice - try reading Allen Carr Easyway to give up smoking.I really think that it would help you. You will see the cigarette for what it really is.. it changes the mental thinking about smoking. Hope you doing better today, Just wanted to let you know i was thinking about you! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/12/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 15 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 393 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �112.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 9 [B]Mins:[/B] 16 [B]Seconds:[/B] 47
Stick with it Ann, you are coming up to 3 weeks... it can be a tough one, but dont let it slip. Remember tomorrow is another day. Dont slip for today. I have to to go to work, hopefully you will feel better later, try to use things that you did earlier in your quit, breathing, water etc... You got through that, you can get through this. it will get better! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/12/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 14 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 353 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �105 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 5 [B]Mins:[/B] 56 [B]Seconds:[/B] 3
Haha Mama, I LOVE your attitude. Your post really made me laugh. I have 2 teenage daughters who think that the other word for mother is slave.. I kind of have the same attitude as you about it. I am finding housework and boring things like that hard, as I am so used to smoking breaks. I did come on here for post breaks instead, but it was quiet yesterday, so I had to eat skinny cow ice cream and have those breaks instead.. :)
Phew I am glad to hear from you! Also glad to hear that you are no longer smoking. Ann if you can try to get hold of the Allen Carr Easyway to stop smoking book. it deals with our mental thoughts and I think that is what gets a hold of you. It really does help. Glad to hear you are better today [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/12/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 17 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 428 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �127.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 12 [B]Mins:[/B] 13 [B]Seconds:[/B] 27
17 years ago 0 394 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Chery--i have got hold of that book Allen Carr and can now see the connection with junkie thought that is stuck in my mind.. thanks for the tip.. Congrats on your 362 days!! I am happy for you.. Mama---Thanks i have a very similar story as you have so i feel very much when you post around on the site here and truly i felt when you slipped before,, happy when you restopped and this time with your daughter :) Mama -i can assure you i am not having those feelings now i have felt ok in 2 days just a few craving per day that i have managed.. Thank god.. Thanks all .. I only got you!! Hubby given up on ALL my attempts. Teenagekids that causes a worry and stress and No other family around.. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/6/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 25 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,118 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $397.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 7 [B]Mins:[/B] 5 [B]Seconds:[/B] 47
Forgot to say--It was soo bad i could not sit even here!!! I was ready to jump--luckily i have a bit away to a shop.. I would probably given in this time--i was also home--if i was at work--well. im not sure [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/6/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 21 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 937 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $333.9 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 22 [B]Mins:[/B] 12 [B]Seconds:[/B] 49
Eve and Islandgirl I had a CONSTANT 4 hours CRAVE just now--it has just eased off after a nap--island girl went to bed and was soo tense tried to relax-i could not--but must have fallen asleep. Yes, it came out of the blue was not really sure why?? And it lasted for $ hours, i was ready to cut my finger or something to have pain somewhere else :blush: IT WAS SOO BAD>>Vomitted as i was so tense. ann ds, i hate to go through this its soo hard [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/6/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 21 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 937 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $333.9 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 22 [B]Mins:[/B] 12 [B]Seconds:[/B] 39

Reading this thread: