Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-20 2:48 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.755 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,645 Members

Please welcome our newest members: ASHAINE, EFAJARDO, MMAGTARAYO, JARCA, JCONOPIO

Quitting Isn't the End of the World!

17 years ago 0 948 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thanks, that was wonderful to read! Awsome :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/1/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 11 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 233 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $55 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 5 [B]Mins:[/B] 36 [B]Seconds:[/B] 12
17 years ago 0 925 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
bumpity bumpity bump day [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/28/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 43 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,735 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $602 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 5 [B]Hrs:[/B] 1 [B]Mins:[/B] 32 [B]Seconds:[/B] 20
  • Quit Meter

$121,382.40

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 966 Hours: 21

Minutes: 0 Seconds: 18

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 1306 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Ahhhh, something I have not read before. Excellent post and very, very wise. On with the show. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/10/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 61 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,233 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $701.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 6 [B]Hrs:[/B] 4 [B]Mins:[/B] 2 [B]Seconds:[/B] 36
  • Quit Meter

$330,503.25

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 6028 Hours: 17

Minutes: 28 Seconds: 47

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 44 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thanks Lady You speak wise words, it's just going to be hard to get them through my head. I'm determined not to smoke again, but it's hard, I want to stay the person I know I am. *** I like who I am and have worked hard for 51 years to become this person*** I don't want to lose her now. I don't want to change. Beb :( [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/15/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 6 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 136 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $48 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 19 [B]Mins:[/B] 2 [B]Seconds:[/B] 2
  • Quit Meter

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 0 Hours: 0

Minutes: 0 Seconds: 0

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

I'm a newbie, it's been 6 days but who's counting, truly and honestly, I feel I've become another person and I don't really like this person. I use to laugh and smile all the time and I was a very nice person. NOW, watch out I can't even stand myselft most of the time. I force myself to laugh. I cut people off in the middle of their sentence, the best place for me when I'm home is in bed so that I can give my husband some piece of mind. I had quit once before and it was the same. I really don't want to become that person again. I keep telling myself that it will pass but when is the word. At work I always use to do my own thing but now I really stay away form everyone and I can be sarcastic at times. My co-workers are aware of my quit and do cheer me on but even that is hard for me, I don't like being asked everyday,** Did you smoke** I find it very hard and it feels as if I lost my best friend, I feel down in the dumps and I'm a real (Bit....). I just don't want to talk to anyone. Any suggestions Beb Well you asked to hear from a newbie, this is pretty much how I feel :mad: [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/15/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 6 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 136 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $48 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 18 [B]Mins:[/B] 56 [B]Seconds:[/B] 18
  • Quit Meter

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Comedy, Great Idea N2K. With the weekend coming up it would be a great time to do this and it would give hubby a great break Thanks Beb :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/15/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 8 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 170 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $64 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 23 [B]Mins:[/B] 46 [B]Seconds:[/B] 5
  • Quit Meter

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Golferman, Your words really hit home with me. It's the bitterness and anger that I need to control and I'm the only one who can do that. I think I'm dealing with the quit cravings pretty good. I sat at a restaurant having a coffe today and watched a young man sitting on the curb having his coffee and cigarette. I smiled thinking, *Is that what I looked like?* He looked so alone, I could actually feel my lungs burning again from looking at him smoke. That is a feeling I never want again. I think all newbies should read your quote, it is so true. I'll wait for my body to tell me that I'm alright but in the meantime I'll push it along with a much better attitude THANKS TO YOU GOLFERMAN Beb :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/15/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 7 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 154 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $56 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 21 [B]Mins:[/B] 31 [B]Seconds:[/B] 53
  • Quit Meter

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 772 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I love your posts Lady.. very wise words. Its very true too. Quitting smoking is great, it enables you to deal with things in life for the first time, to find coping mechanisms,instead of relying on cigarettes. the longer i am here the firmer i am in this belief. The other day when I was at the doctors, I had to have an examination, this time was different, because i wasnt thinking all the time i need to get out and have a smoke. I have been to the theatre and cinema and not had to miss any of it to smoke. If i am upset I deal with that upset, rather than simply smoking. I am loving this new lease of life.
17 years ago 0 816 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Lady GREAT post I think this is the best thing I have ever done for myself and for my family, yes at times it has been a little rough, but any thing is better than giving in to being a smoker and throwing your life away... I am up for the party and thanks for the post. Cheryl [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/2/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 19 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 253 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $95 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 17 [B]Mins:[/B] 56 [B]Seconds:[/B] 37
17 years ago 0 394 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Should have seen this earlier :( thanks [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/6/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 15 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 666 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $238.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 8 [B]Mins:[/B] 47 [B]Seconds:[/B] 21

Reading this thread: