Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-14 7:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

2024-05-06 9:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Cognitive Exposure

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Alex 2 1
lara 1 0

Most Loved

Browse through 411.751 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,575 Members

Please welcome our newest members: RREYES, TBACARO, RMUEGA, LARISTOTELES, DeeTart

It?s a great day - week - month - year - decade - life to not smoke

11 years ago 0 618 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi There,

I'm with y'all (lived in Tx for a while!) in taking deep breaths or relief, and saying thanks to all the folk who supported me on SSC way back when!

Carlos, your English is just great, but what's all this about the Scots?....I'm Scottish and not too difficult to understand!  LOL.  You are now out of Hell Week!  Don't let down your guard as you go into Heck Week, as the Nicodemon will still try to catch you out.  I relate to what you say about smoking having been your friend...once you can write that letter to that friend, and really mean it, you will be well on the way.  It takes time, but you are doing well so far!

Never Look Back!  The Future is Ahead!

Love Lolly.  
11 years ago 0 2778 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey Buddy!

Yup, heh heh heh!  Maybe they won't have the replacement refs there next year! 

Jim
  • Quit Meter

$44,362.50

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 1061 Hours: 16

Minutes: 13 Seconds: 5

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

11 years ago 0 901 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Keep quitting folks , keep quitting ! Jimbo , I blame that game all on the refs.
11 years ago 0 2778 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey Astrofan!

I'm taking a few deep breaths with you!  I truly am thankful for the SSC and all of our quit buddies here who helped both of us make it over 55 months without a cancer stick!  Sweet, huh? 

Jim  

PS...  What the heck happened in the Cotton Bowl Saturday???  
  • Quit Meter

$44,362.50

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 1061 Hours: 16

Minutes: 13 Seconds: 5

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

11 years ago 0 124 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
-Been in Texas a few times and I could understand fine, dont ask me about the scotish and/or welsh english, then I had some major problems.......

NOPE

Carlos , you're english is just fine {but remember , I'm from Texas and they say we barely speak english here} , and your message is great.

Congrats on making it through Hell Week. Be sure and reward yourself , that's very important even if it's a small reward.
11 years ago 0 124 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Astrofan

Each day I do not smoke is a great day for me an am taking one day at the time. Wise thought after a few attempts to quit the devil. At 5 30 pm, Bolivian time (EST) hell week will be over and start a new chapter in my life. It nos easy to say goodbye to a friend who has been with you in the rough times and the good ones. I have celebrated with him the births of my two children and have cried with him whwn my wife took my daughter and I stayed with my son.

But a friend does not want to kill you little by little, or wants to be with you when you got a bad cold. I have walked blocks to be with him when I run out and have left parties looking for him.

It is time to say goobye once and for all and being able to say I do not want to see around me or with my kids. I deserve a better friend than you are and will look for a human being, not a piece of tabacco.

So long, and good bye

Ps. Even though I got my BS fron the University of Florida some years ago, my english is rusty but I think you all will catch my drift  
11 years ago 0 11216 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Great post Astrofan!

Be thankful of clean lungs to enjoy te clean air. If you don't have clean lungs yet then join us and we will help you get there!

Ashley, Health Educator
Hi folks , If you're a new quitter it's a great day , week , month to not smoke. for some of us older quitters , it's a great year , maybe decade. But for each and every one of us it's a great life not to smoke.

We all know that quitting is tough , but it is so very much worth it ! Let's all takes some long deep breaths together and be thankful for this day that we did not smoke.

Mike/astrofan

Reading this thread: