Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-20 2:48 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.755 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,681 Members

Please welcome our newest members: TNIKKA, SKARYLE KATE, BMARC ANTHONY, MNJD, kybrg

Bucket List Challenge!

13 years ago 0 823 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
It has been important and a great treat to find this site when I needed the support and understanding of fellow quitters - i.e.:  those who see Nicotine for the Demon it is and are willing to share a part of themselves when they come here to post their quit journey; all the while helping others do the same along the way!
It was liberating to share my personal 'quit song' with this great group of quitters for a time! I'm working on my next 'Bucket List' challenge now! I hope you're doing something to keep your Quit going too! 
Inspired by many here - but one of Brenda's quotes from an alternate thread stands out for me today: She said" Once you quit smoking, you can do anything!"  Great words to live by!  
I really appreciate your kind words & thoughtful reply Duffis! I've made it through many mornings by reading your Just a Thought post and it inspires me to live a better life due to some of the gems you've written and compiled.  
Thanks for clarifying where the 'Beach' originated - I've come across so many references to this 'milestone' - to the point that I felt remorse for missing the days of the 'Cabana Boys' and great camaraderie between members here from days gone by. (It's fun to read the archived posts that bring a smile!) 
Like '4th time is Charm', I've had a few really hard days recently - I guess coming down from my 100 Day Hurdle achievement gave me the bizarre idea that I could have a puff to celebrate!  How backward is that! BUT - I made it through the weekend with NOPE and steered clear of the smokers around me! 
Not sure if anyone else is up for my Bucket List Challenge?  I offered up the idea as 'Reward Incentive'  - or - Just Do Any Darn Thing! to keep us smoke free & busy through this ongoing NOPE thing!  
13 years ago 0 1095 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Outstanding.  The 100 day milestone is so very important.  A million years ago I started a blog called the "Beach".  This was a resting point for the first 100 days; a chance to regroup and get ready for the climb up the mountain of non smoking.  The quit process is truly full of  bumps in the road and you may or may not experience urges to smoke again.  Always try to remember the reasons you quit and that feeling you got when you hit the 100 mark.

Kindest regards and continued success

Duffis
Samantha - Thanks for your kind reply - I feel like a veil has been lifted!  Once we tackle NicoDemon  and realize we can truly BEAT this addiction, well then . . . a whole set of new possibilities emerge in other aspects of our lives, just like Aloha says!  It is amazing!  My kids think I'm still wimping out on the song submission - they say 'Go Public, Mom, if you really want to share this music stuff you do." LOL! But I'm happy to start here.   
Aloha -Your genuine kindness shines through your written words like a ( : smile : )  So what is it you are inspired to share?  I can hardly wait to find out!  Please do! 
Pen -  Not clear on your meaning of  "Bucket List?" . . . Do you mean you'd like me to add music to some of your great poetry and post it here for you and your sweetee to dance to?  I already made a tune up for your May 16 submission, just in case! LOL!  Seriously tho - Thank you for sharing Poetry Corner with us. I love it! 
13 years ago 0 2534 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Bucket list? A lot of it is in poetry corner!! And another today!!!!

Pen

• Quit Meter

$57,057.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 1130 Hours: 3

Minutes: 40 Seconds: 27

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

13 years ago 0 3207 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Eya, on my iPad here which makes it difficult to maneuver, but I want to tell you how happy I am to see your lovely face, hear your excitement, and let you know how much I appreciate you sharing your heart. I'll get back to this soon. You've inspired me to share one of my hidden bucket list items. Gonna go c if I can find your song. I have no doubt it will be a treat. Keep up the good work in all aspects! -aloha
13 years ago 0 2606 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Simply amazing eya! Thank you so kindly for opening up and sharing a piece of yourself with the SSC! I hope you know the positive effect you will have on your fellow members, what an inspiring post! I think your words were put together beautifully and I appreciate you taking the time to share your celebration and success with us. Congratulations, continue to strive forward and check in often!

Samantha, Health Educator
Hello :)  I'd like to share my 100 Day Hurdle 'reward' with you; my fellow NOPE Quitters here at SSC.  It's a song called 'All I Need' that I posted on my profile.  HOW BOLD I am these days! Actually, Penitent 'dared' me to put it up to share here. And well . . . I just can't resist a 'dare'! Thanx Pen! LOL. Truth be told, I have lots of songs I've written/recorded, but have (previously) been afraid to share any of them, so this is my first Youtube profile ever! 
NOW - it's always been on my Bucket List to 'publish' a song - but I'm ambiguous about marketing my work - and ya - I realize other people do it all the time!  But my own music is cathartic for me and very close to my <3 - it's when I'm most raw - that's when a song finds me . . . so I've resisted the 'sell' to date. Nevertheless, regardless of potential 'pay' (or not!) -  it feels incredible to set this song free; no telling who's ears it may land on - how intriguing is that? I'm even OKAY with those who can't stand it because it doesn't speak to them at all!  This is a huge 'Bucket List' realization for me! For me, this song embodies my 100 day 'Quit' to date - so I thought maybe others here can relate too? 
I have NO DOUBT I'd have bailed on my QUIT promise to my Dad had it not been for the support I received from the caring members of this site ever since my first day joined.  Turns out, I didn't get my Quit Date 'honestly set' until 3 weeks later tho' - when I finally clued into NOPE!  That's when I realized I can DO this!  I can Stay Quit with NOPE (Not One Puff Ever!) Coming out of my smoker's closet, reaching out to others here, sharing, learning, yearning, crying, laughing - in fact, lately I've lived on this Site more than I care to admit!  and I sincerely Thank you for being here!  SO  - let's take it One Step further:
To officially extend the 'Bucket List Challenge' to anyone here who's ready to step up to the plate!  What have you got on your back burner that you always wanted to do but always found an excuse NOT to? 
I hope all you new quitters hovering around the Site with your fresh green butterflies will  keep reading the HOF stories, the great threads, the long term Quitters STATS (that prove it can be done!)  and come an post yourself - ask (?)  if you need to, and find your own power in reining in NicoDemon for good!  And don't forget to let us know what YOU are going to do for your Bucket List Challenge!   Cheerios!  Eya 

Reading this thread: