Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-14 7:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

2024-05-06 9:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Cognitive Exposure

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Alex 2 1
lara 1 0

Most Loved

Browse through 411.751 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,585 Members

Please welcome our newest members: EGUEVARRA, MARBIZO, AKARLENE, VRENS PATRICK, GJEANNE MICHAELA

the covenience store / quitting smoking

15 years ago 0 916 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I would have a coffee and two cigarrettes for breakfast; I would go to the gym, and then I would go to the convinience store
equipped with a drive thru window and buy a pack of cigarrettes and a diet coke; the guy at the store was so used to my daily roiutine, that a week ago I stopped to buy some milk and the guy handed me a pack o marlboro lights and a diet coke!!!!! And I told him: I asked for a gallon of milk, I didn't ask for this; I don't smoke anymore!!!. He was amazed!!!!
By the was, yesterday I had dinner with some girlfriends I haven't seen in a while and they told me: what did you do? Your skin looks great!!! And I told them: I don't smoke anymore!!!!!!!! I felt great!!! (then I tought, maybe, maybe, I have less wrinkles becaus of my chocolate a day program!!) (lol!!!!). When you arrive at certain age you have to choose: great body with a wrinkled face or great fae with a chubby body. I had chosen the first option, but now, I'm trying the latter to see if I had made the best decision chosing the first option!!(LOL)
Marivi

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 1/23/2009
Smoke-Free Days: 39
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 585
Amount Saved: $58.50
Life Gained:
Days: 4 Hrs: 12 Mins: 27 Seconds: 18

15 years ago 0 625 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
mike/astrofan........Sorry........didn't mean to thread-jack but seeing Rock was in Columbus brought back some ollllllld memories.
I'm like kaiser........except most mornings were just coffee and cigarettes......no donut........and it was every morning too.  I remember those times I'd check to see if I had enough cigs to get through the next day........Hell I wouldn't even go get in the truck unless I checked that I had enough to go whereever and back........

N.O.P.E.........cigs didn't run my life!!!!!!

Bob

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 1/27/2009
Smoke-Free Days: 35
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 1,050
Amount Saved: $147.00
Life Gained:
Days: 7 Hrs: 8 Mins: 20 Seconds: 18

15 years ago 0 625 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Rock........I spent TOO many nights to talk about in Becks Tavern in the Village.......drinking and smoking and being one of the cool group.
Fortunately where I slept was usually within walking distance too.
That was in another life........even before the one before this one......

Bob

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 1/27/2009
Smoke-Free Days: 35
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 1,050
Amount Saved: $147.00
Life Gained:
Days: 7 Hrs: 8 Mins: 14 Seconds: 4

15 years ago 0 597 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hmmmmmmmm..................I'd be interested in a liqour run to avoid a DUI
What's that telephone number, Rock

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 10/22/2008
Smoke-Free Days: 131
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 5,240
Amount Saved: $1,048.00
Life Gained:
Days: 14 Hrs: 19 Mins: 59 Seconds: 21

• Quit Meter

$52,480.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 742 Hours: 7

Minutes: 32 Seconds: 24

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

15 years ago 0 901 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
i agree rock , it really is like being free .

mike/astrofan

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 3/12/2008
Smoke-Free Days: 355
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 10,650
Amount Saved: $3,195.00
Life Gained:
Days: 60 Hrs: 5 Mins: 39 Seconds: 48

15 years ago 0 1843 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Mike, I enjoyed sleeping in, so I would buy my cigarettes by the carton so I wouldn't have to get up that early to buy my daily two packs!  LOL!  I would do a smoke check at 7:30 pm every night to make sure I had enough to get me through the night as the smoke shop closed at 8 pm.  Isn't it amazing how "convenient" cigarettes are?  I also laugh that cigarettes are at the front of drug stores right at the counter while prescription medications and the things that make you well are at the back of the pharmacy.  They make it easy to buy smokes and hard to get your meds.  I saw an advertisement that a convenience store in Columbus is running.  It has to do with the economy, that people may have lost their cars, and the store will deliver beer and cigarettes for $5 within a 5 mile radius of the store.  So you lose your car because you couldn't make the payments, yet you have $$$ to buy cigarettes AND pay $5 for somebody to deliver them to you.  Simply Amazing!  This truly is an addiction, and I am SO glad I am free!!!  Congratulations to everybody who is smoke free today!
My Milage:

My Quit Date: 8/20/2008
Smoke-Free Days: 194
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 7,760
Amount Saved: $1,552.00
Life Gained:
Days: 29 Hrs: 0 Mins: 28 Seconds: 56

15 years ago 0 1693 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
That's right mike/astrofan! ..and great observation
Hope you are all enjoying your smoke free Monday...and all that extra change in your pockets!

Breanne, Bilingual Health Educator
15 years ago 0 1387 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Coffee, Donut, & Cigarette.  The brekfast of champions?  That was my routine for many years.
Kaiser

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 7/30/2008
Smoke-Free Days: 215
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 5,375
Amount Saved: $268.75
Life Gained:
Days: 43 Hrs: 9 Mins: 42 Seconds: 2

15 years ago 0 901 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
folks i am a creature of habit , i suspect most of us here are.
every morning i stop at the concenience store for the same thing , a large cup of coffee , black , and the newspaper.
2 dollars total and i'm gone.
since i quit smoking i have noticed that about 75% of the people frequenting the store that early {around 6:00 am} are buying there daily supply of smokes.
and about 1/2 of those doing it are coughing at least a little. i'm not judging them , heck i used to be one of 'em.
thank goodness we've quit smoking , coughing , and wasting all that money.

mike/astrofan

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 3/12/2008
Smoke-Free Days: 355
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 10,650
Amount Saved: $3,195.00
Life Gained:
Days: 60 Hrs: 5 Mins: 13 Seconds: 35

Reading this thread: