Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-14 7:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

2024-05-06 9:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Cognitive Exposure

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Alex 2 1
lara 1 0

Most Loved

Browse through 411.751 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,576 Members

Please welcome our newest members: RREYES, TBACARO, RMUEGA, LARISTOTELES, DeeTart

quitting smoking / losing weight !!!!!!

15 years ago 0 355 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Api - spoken like a man! You're cracking me up!  Thank you both!

Colleen - girl if I had to hoola hoop my way to fitness I'd be what's known as s*&@ out of luck!  Could never get those things to work right!  And I have to admit I'm in awe of the women who can.

Angie

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 12/30/2008
Smoke-Free Days: 15
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 180
Amount Saved: $79.20
Life Gained:
Days: 1 Hrs: 9 Mins: 51 Seconds: 23

15 years ago 0 37 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I am with Mike here... The only failure is not to pick yourself up and try again. This is my 4th or 5th quit, and my 2nd or 3rd "Major" diet.... Like Mike's sig says, "Adrienne I did it" Rocky wasn't talking about beating Apollo Creed, he was talking about the fact that he made it into the ring... We are all in the Ring now, and if we have to wait for Rocky 2 to win, or even Rocky IV when he beats Drago (who, is much scarier the Apollo Creed, but I digress), then thats what it takes. Just hope it doesn't call the way to the last one, 'cause that was a LOUSY movie.

I think I have stretched that reference as far as it will go.

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 12/6/2008
Smoke-Free Days: 39
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 1,560
Amount Saved: $702.00
Life Gained:
Days: 5 Hrs: 3 Mins: 54 Seconds: 20

15 years ago 0 44 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Congratulations to everyone who are keeping with their quit, and also for losing weight, and getting healtly. 

I am doing good, but always there is room for improvement.  

Mr. Q , I like the idea of the punching bag, that is cool... 

People tell me the hoola hoop is a great form of exercise,,  but the truth be told, I never was too good with the hoola hoop.

Also a friend has a small trampoline in her home,,,they say this helps lose weight, but also has health benefits...

Mike and Aprikoros.    You guys are doing great......

everyone keep up the good work.  Colleen

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 9/14/2008
Smoke-Free Days: 121
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 2,420
Amount Saved: $544.50
Life Gained:
Days: 12 Hrs: 12 Mins: 47 Seconds: 17

• Quit Meter

$25,749.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 743 Hours: 3

Minutes: 26 Seconds: 52

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

15 years ago 0 901 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
but angie you are helping others , and i don't consider anyone a failure unless they don't try to quit again.

you're doing great.

mike/astrofan

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 3/12/2008
Smoke-Free Days: 307
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 9,210
Amount Saved: $2,763.00
Life Gained:
Days: 52 Hrs: 2 Mins: 32 Seconds: 41

15 years ago 0 355 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thanks Mike!  I don't feel like I'm much of a help. And my last lost quit has made me feel like quite the failure!  Which I'm thinking is normal.  Even though I don't/can't really give much advice to anyone at this point, I hope that I can be supporting by just letting everyone know I'm thinking of them and rooting for them.  It's all I've got to give.  I hope it helps them as much as it helps me to be here.

This place is my refuge right now.  My safe zone.
Angie

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 12/30/2008
Smoke-Free Days: 14
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 168
Amount Saved: $73.92
Life Gained:
Days: 1 Hrs: 7 Mins: 22 Seconds: 5

15 years ago 0 901 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
ac
you are beibg very smart , right now just focus on not smoking . and by the way , you're doing great and thanks for helping others here.

mike/astrofan

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 3/12/2008
Smoke-Free Days: 307
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 9,210
Amount Saved: $2,763.00
Life Gained:
Days: 52 Hrs: 1 Mins: 12 Seconds: 54

15 years ago 0 406 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Karren,

Nice looking stats!  How are doing with the weight loss plan? 

Karen, Health Educator
15 years ago 0 1080 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I'm like you Sassy this weight thing is all new to me and although I wasn't as small as you to begin with I have always been slim. I am now on day 4 of my weight control plan and its a killer for me far harder than the smoking to be honest, because with a diet you can cheat and start again, with smoking (for me anyhow) one cheat and I am right back at 30 a day for sure.
Our house is still full of Holiday chocolate and it keeps calling out to me :)

Sassy like you too everyone keeps telling me how 'well' I look!! and I have to say when I say I have gained weight through quitting smoking they are always fully understanding and say well the smoking was the main thing you can always deal with the weight at a later date.

I am proud to death of my quit and as much as I hate and loathe the weight its a small price to pay to be a non smoker. I will get back slim again but it is tough, I love my food and have wanted more since I quit the smoking, anyway back to the diet!!

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 5/10/2008
Smoke-Free Days: 243
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 6,075
Amount Saved: $3,645.00
Life Gained:
Days: 28 Hrs: 16 Mins: 41 Seconds: 56

15 years ago 0 37 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Mike, I know I know. Controling my eating is very hard for me as well. I find it takes a more complex regimen then smoking, I hope I didn't say anything that implied either that it was easy for me or fun for me. I am a "Foodie". Not only do I enjoy the ACT of eating, I like trying new food, I like eating unusual food (I am a fan of NYC Street Meat) but food satisfys many emotional needs for me. The regimented style is antithical to my very nature, as well.

My way of dealing is to combine my new Gym Habit, not smoking and eating healthier/losing weight into a One Goal health push, as opposed to 3 goals. It is working...so far.... but I have faith. And 100 calorie snack packs!

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 12/6/2008
Smoke-Free Days: 33
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 1,320
Amount Saved: $594.00
Life Gained:
Days: 4 Hrs: 9 Mins: 2 Seconds: 26

15 years ago 0 763 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Good discussion.  How are you managing Mike?
This is my 3rd day of healthy eating and portion control.  Yes, I'm doing it, but boy is it hard!  I know the routine...just like not smoking, it gets a little easier each day. 

Just toughin' it out,
Jan

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 1/27/2008
Smoke-Free Days: 347
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 8,675
Amount Saved: $2,862.75
Life Gained:
Days: 40 Hrs: 17 Mins: 22 Seconds: 47

Reading this thread: