Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-14 7:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

2024-05-06 9:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Cognitive Exposure

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Alex 2 1
lara 1 0

Most Loved

Browse through 411.751 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,583 Members

Please welcome our newest members: MARBIZO, AKARLENE, VRENS PATRICK, GJEANNE MICHAELA, RFRANZ LIAM

the greatest thing about this place...................

15 years ago 0 901 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
amen to all that you guys said , and let's have a really nice smoke free weekend !

mike / astrofan

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 3/12/2008
Smoke-Free Days: 107
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 3,210
Amount Saved: $963.00
Life Gained:
Days: 17 Hrs: 11 Mins: 45 Seconds: 52

15 years ago 0 5195 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Mike,

I've met some of the greatest people I have ever known from this site.  I wouldn't be quit if it weren't for this place.  Miracles happen here everyday.

Congrats on your awesome stats!

Lady

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 7/1/2005
Smoke-Free Days: 1091
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 21,820
Amount Saved: $3,873.05
Life Gained:
Days: 101 Hrs: 1 Mins: 0 Seconds: 24

15 years ago 0 12049 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Please know that sharing your experience, support and knowledge is key to everyone's success, including your own.

This is why the SSC is so helpful!  We have a program, support, knowledge and most of all members that care to assist and support.

Good for you!

Josie, Health Educator
15 years ago 0 1160 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I could not agree with you more. I was the same way. I didn't feel like I wanted advise from anyone who hadn't been quit awhile. but what do you know, it was things said by new quiters that made me start posting. I can't tell you how many times this site has saved my quit. I will always be gratefull for all of the members.
My Milage:

My Quit Date: 7/4/2007
Smoke-Free Days: 358
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 7,160
Amount Saved: $1,432.00
Life Gained:
Days: 48 Hrs: 5 Mins: 27 Seconds: 16

15 years ago 0 744 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Mike,
  I know what you mean, and whenever someone posted who's stats were much more advanced than mine, I would think, "Maaaan, I wish I was there!" I never thought I'd be of ANY help to offer words of encouragement because I was just one of the newbies looking for something encouraging myself. There have been so many who have posted something that I feel literally saved me from giving up, and just in the nick of time. I'm not a newbie any longer. I've lived it, felt it, and continue to live each and every day smokefree, because that is what I choose. So remember, you just never know what you might say here that may save someone from giving up. We support one another and it makes all the difference.
 Thanks for the thread Mike.

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 7/17/2006
Smoke-Free Days: 710
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 5,680
Amount Saved: $2,662.50
Life Gained:
Days: 79 Hrs: 21 Mins: 42 Seconds: 56

15 years ago 0 901 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
when you quit smoking here , that's a great thing. all the support you get is awesome , and then your time starts to pile up and you're thankful , real thankful.

but the greatest thing about this place {the ssc} is when you see the ones that have quit after you started here.

and you see their success. and you can just hear in what they write how happy they are.

and then you hope , and you'de like to think , that maybe just one little thing you said , just one little thought , might have helped them along the way.

and you get a smile , and maybe a little tear , and you know , that god does have a purpose for your life.

god bless you , you gave to me , i'm determined to give back !

mike / astrofan

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 3/12/2008
Smoke-Free Days: 106
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 3,180
Amount Saved: $954.00
Life Gained:
Days: 17 Hrs: 9 Mins: 25 Seconds: 25

Reading this thread: