Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Mother's Day is coming in a few weeks!

AABBYGAIL RUTH

2024-05-15 10:52 PM

Depression Community

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-05-15 9:17 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.753 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,633 Members

Please welcome our newest members: GCAJULAO, RPABIA, TEBON, SJOLINE GEL, Duncan Brown

Did you ever feel this way????

15 years ago 0 763 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thank you, Sparky.   Yes...it definitely helps.  I will NOT take this gift I have been given for granted.  I will nurture and strengthen it.

Thanks,

Jan

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 1/27/2008
Smoke-Free Days: 129
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 3,225
Amount Saved: $1,064.25
Life Gained:
Days: 14 Hrs: 17 Mins: 15 Seconds: 21

15 years ago 0 1153 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Jan,

This is a really great post and a great topic to discuss. Many of our members have asked the same thing, when will it start to feel normal? Maybe some of our elders can write and share their thoughts.

Brenna, Bilingual Health Educator
15 years ago 0 3307 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Jan, how does it feel to be normal?  I feel for you but you can and will get though this.  I am going to bump a something I posted awhile back, hope it helps.  It is called "Being Complacent"

Keep the Quit
Sparky

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 4/30/2007
Smoke-Free Days: 401
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 4,010
Amount Saved: $601.50
Life Gained:
Days: 56 Hrs: 19 Mins: 6 Seconds: 59

Kelly, Jim, Moss, and Jazz...THANK YOU.  You all gave me some great advice to ponder, and I've been doing just that.  I know that patience is a virtue right now, and changing up my routine with a reward(haven't had one in a while) is great idea.  I do know things will get better, its just when you're living in the moment.  I'm trying out a few new recipes this afternoon, in between laundry.  Already been to work, so I'm going to change things up a bit.  But mostly, I'm going to accept myself and my feelings right now.  I thank the Lord for all of you!!!!

Jan

My Milage:

Life Gained:
Days: 14 Hrs: 17 Mins: 5 Seconds: 0

15 years ago 0 802 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0

Hey Jan, I went through this too around 4 months.  Maybe it's the initial excitement over quitting that's fading away?  I find I'm just now starting to feel a little more like myself again.  I've FINALLY started sleeping through most of the night, and that's making a big difference in my outlook. 

With the change of season, I think it triggers "links" again.  However, I refuse to not do anything because of an attached link or trigger.  To me it's just one more "hold" that ciggies would have over me, and I will NOT let them do that to me again. 

I hope your day will get better soon.  And remember.....there is always something to look forward to - sometimes we just have to look a little harder. 

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 1/3/2008
Smoke-Free Days: 153
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 3,060
Amount Saved: $1,162.80
Life Gained:
Days: 16 Hrs: 6 Mins: 3 Seconds: 58

15 years ago 0 649 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Jan........I've got to echo what Kelly said.  I think this was actually the hardest part of the quit for me.  I became very disappointed, empty, depressed.  I avoided tasks because I knew that "Link" would dominate my thoughts. I think my wife gets a little frustrated because I am avoiding some outside activities that I used to enjoy but the association feels too strong yet.  I wish I could give you some advice but all I can say is that it has gotten better recently.  I have been forcing myself to do things and when I do I have been realizing that I can get through it OK.

Hang in there.  you know that tomorrow will be a better day.  what Jim said.  Maybe it's REWARD time.

moss

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 11/19/2007
Smoke-Free Days: 198
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 2,970
Amount Saved: $668.25
Life Gained:
Days: 31 Hrs: 20 Mins: 57 Seconds: 27

15 years ago 0 2778 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey Jan!!!

Sounds like it's time for a Big Reward!!!!  Vacation time?????  Long weekend??  Nothing gets me out of a funk better than planning a  little get away!!!

Jim

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 3/5/2008
Smoke-Free Days: 91
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 2,275
Amount Saved: $375.38
Life Gained:
Days: 14 Hrs: 21 Mins: 41 Seconds: 18

• Quit Meter

$44,385.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 1062 Hours: 7

Minutes: 37 Seconds: 50

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

15 years ago 0 967 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Jan, I too feel this way sometimes, it was much worse before, it is getting better.  I think we need to pamper ourselves and remember what we are going through.  hang in there, I know you can pull through.  It is just the blahs...Moss and I went through it, so did ML, it takes awhile to get out of it. 

Kelly

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 12/6/2007
Smoke-Free Days: 181
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 5,430
Amount Saved: $678.75
Life Gained:
Days: 14 Hrs: 18 Mins: 17 Seconds: 39

Hi guys!  At just over 4 months of "smoking sobriety" I don't crave nearly as much HOWEVER, I woke up this morning at 5:45, got out of bed and thought...there's nothing to look forward to.  Some days are better than others and I'm happy to say that I'm getting there.  Every quit is different, I know, but mine always seem to include a sense of being easily overwhelmed, thus for me leading to a lack of motivation.  I just want these feelings to go away!!!!  I think perhaps I might be shying away from doing certain things because there is still that "link" to smoking.  Today is a down day and I'm trying valiantly to lift my mood.  I have this mindset that at 4 months smoke free - life should be normal again!!!!  Ok, I counter, who says so????  I need to be patient, and sometimes I struggle with that.  One day at a time.  One day at a time.

Jan

My Milage:

Life Gained:
Days: 14 Hrs: 16 Mins: 50 Seconds: 45

Reading this thread: