Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-14 7:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

2024-05-06 9:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Cognitive Exposure

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Alex 2 1
lara 1 0

Most Loved

Browse through 411.751 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,583 Members

Please welcome our newest members: MARBIZO, AKARLENE, VRENS PATRICK, GJEANNE MICHAELA, RFRANZ LIAM

a great benefit of not smoking !!!!!!!

16 years ago 0 311 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Congratulations on feeling the freedom, astrofan! Sadly, I too have been one of very few but NOW we are among the multitudes that are smoke free! We NEVER have to go there again! Yes, spring has sprung in California, but I am not minding the pollen as much this year, for whatever the reason. Hmmmm. Have gone two rounds with colds though. Enjoy the golf, that will be 23 days for you, and I bet you will be walking tall and proud and smelling fresh! [IMG]http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u202/priamos_1/Almost%20Everything/Sports/thgolf_bird.png[/IMG] Hugs, Denise [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]1/9/2008 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 79 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,580 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $395.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 9 [B]Hrs:[/B] 17 [B]Mins:[/B] 47 [B]Seconds:[/B] 31
16 years ago 0 2778 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
You got that right, DL!!! I'm just going to get a set of nose plugs to wear till next winter!!! Really, I'm just going to wait to see how it goes with the allergy thing. What ever is blooming now may be gone in a couple of weeks! Y'all aren't having to worry about that yet, huh? Well, don't worry, spring isn't too far away for you guys!!! Have a great SMOKE FREE weekend!!! Jim [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]3/5/2008 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 23 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 575 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $94.88 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 20 [B]Mins:[/B] 31 [B]Seconds:[/B] 3
  • Quit Meter

$44,362.50

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 1061 Hours: 18

Minutes: 12 Seconds: 3

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

16 years ago 0 1890 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi, Jim... congratulations on your mighty fight and being three+ weeks into your quit... It IS great that your body and all it faculties are coming back online - so much so that you might well have to see the doctor about allergy shots or something... shows you how much antihistamine action there is in cigarettes too, no?? Damn stuff has more side effects than an exploding dragster.... Patrick [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]1/18/2008 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 70 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,750 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $787.50 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 13 [B]Hrs:[/B] 2 [B]Mins:[/B] 16 [B]Seconds:[/B] 29
16 years ago 0 134 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
HI Astrofan, Hope you have a good time. I use to go with my hubby and drive the cart. He use to coach a blind man in golf. It is nice to be out side and be able to breath. I noticed last night that every thing has a smell to it. Some good some bad. I did not notice this before, Most likly could not smell it over the smoke. 26 days and feeling great!! Etta ( March Mellow) NON-SMOKER :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]3/2/2008 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 26 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 650 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $312.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 17 [B]Mins:[/B] 27 [B]Seconds:[/B] 47
  • Quit Meter

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 0 Hours: 0

Minutes: 0 Seconds: 0

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

16 years ago 0 2778 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
One bene I have noticed... I think that the protective tar coating in my nasal cavity, sinuses and lungs have disappeared!!! I must be reacting to EVERY single grain of pollen out there!!! I thought my sinuses were supposed to clear up and my lungs weren't supposed to ache!!! I used to be a "little" allergic to the spring pollens, but now I'm constantly having to blow my nose!!! Not complaining, just an observation!!! LONG LIVE THE QUIT!!! Jim [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]3/5/2008 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 23 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 575 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $94.88 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 19 [B]Mins:[/B] 51 [B]Seconds:[/B] 45
  • Quit Meter

$44,362.50

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 1061 Hours: 18

Minutes: 12 Seconds: 3

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

16 years ago 0 21 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey astrofan, He's a plus 1 and travels to the NCGA Tourns.im CA he will be getting his B.A. in Sports Psychology/Kineselogy in May. And yes he is a non-smoker thank God!
16 years ago 0 901 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
thanks brenna and jodieh , i appreciate the nice words. jodieh , what is your son's handicap and what type of tournaments does he play in? i grew up in austin , texas playing in junior tournaments all over the state. it's the best game of all , baseball's a close second.my dad died when i was 9 but he gave me the love of both games , and every time i'm at a ballpark or a golf course i still think of him. and that's a legacy i'm passing on the my granddaughters and grandsons. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]3/12/2008 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 14 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 420 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $126.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 9 [B]Mins:[/B] 29 [B]Seconds:[/B] 16
16 years ago 0 1153 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Astrofan, This will be a very rewarding experience and well deserved. Enjoy the game! Brenna, Bilingual Health Educator
16 years ago 0 21 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey Astrofan, My son plays in tournaments also, and you reminded me of the times, when I would hide behind trees,walk way ahead of everyone and looking foward to the 18th hole! Now, it is so much more enjoyable, not only for myself, but for one of my main supporters....my son. As a matter fact his game has improved since I have quit, GEE....., I wonder why? :)
16 years ago 0 901 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
pardon the pun but i am "fired up". on friday april 4th i'm taking my son-in-law to the shell houston open golf tournament. in the past we would go , and i would be one of the very very very few out there smoking cigarettes. this year i can go , walk stronger and breath better , and i don't have to worry about carrying 2 packs of smokes around or bothering non-smokers who might get second hand smoke. i can't wait to go out there , have a few beers and breath that sweet texas air! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]3/12/2008 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 14 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 420 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $126.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 8 [B]Mins:[/B] 18 [B]Seconds:[/B] 54

Reading this thread: