Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-14 7:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

2024-05-06 9:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Cognitive Exposure

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Alex 2 1
lara 1 0

Most Loved

Browse through 411.751 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,583 Members

Please welcome our newest members: MARBIZO, AKARLENE, VRENS PATRICK, GJEANNE MICHAELA, RFRANZ LIAM

No-Embers Check in!

16 years ago 0 649 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey Ml and Freedom - I just posted in the other thread and then ran across this one. ML - Welcome!!!!!! It sounds like we have all had a few surprise cravings lately. It is helpful to know it is normal for some of us. I have a feeling we are all going to be fine. I am not able to be online a lot but I promise to check on you both each time I log in. If we ever need a chat with someone close to the same date let's just do a No-ember holler. Keep it up and Congrats to the 3 of us today. Moss [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]11/19/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 86 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,290 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $290.25 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 13 [B]Hrs:[/B] 19 [B]Mins:[/B] 36 [B]Seconds:[/B] 2
16 years ago 0 1288 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Members, Thanks for checking in! Great to hear that you are all doing well, keep persevering! Sylvie, Bilingual Health Educator
16 years ago 0 130 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Oh, I like that topic title, Freedom. Gives me a real boost. I started the quit by taking Chantix, having a problem with it, reducing the daily dose and then, of all things, forgetting to take it. I've been trying to figure out how much I did take but get all bollixed up but with what I have left, it must have been less than the twelve weeks, even with 1 mg. a day. All I know is either it is a wonder drug for me or my resolve to quit was much stronger than I knew. When I did see my doctor last, she said she thought it was having a placebo effect on me. I still have moments when I'm looking for my cigarettes and lighter or feel as if something is missing but then laugh to myself and keep on keeping on. I hadn't actually counted the days since I quit and was surprised to find out I had passed 80. But I'm still taking it one day at a time and not really looking ahead. Best to you and Moss in your quit. You're both ahead of me, which is good, as sometimes I need a leader. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]11/22/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 82 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,640 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $508.40 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 10 [B]Hrs:[/B] 14 [B]Mins:[/B] 28 [B]Seconds:[/B] 23
16 years ago 0 331 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Moss...just wanted to see how you were doing and if you made it through that hump that we have both been having? The advice I've been giving and taking right now is to find something new to distract ourselves as those old tricks may not work so well anymore...especially if we have our guard down due to the # of days that have passed. Hope all is well with you! Also wanted to let you know that we have a new member to our November quitters group. Screen name is ML and I just wanted to ensure they knew how to check in with us so created this post. So now we are 3 very strong November quitters! Also Crazy Cuban...how have you been doing? Have you re-started your quit journey again? We are all here for you if you need us! Have a fantastic week guys! Take Care. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]11/12/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 92 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,380 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $828.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 6 [B]Hrs:[/B] 10 [B]Mins:[/B] 38 [B]Seconds:[/B] 46

Reading this thread: