Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Emergency Happy Questions

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-06-11 2:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Questions to challenge negativity

2024-06-03 3:43 PM

Depression Community

logo

Social anxiety disorder

2024-05-29 1:50 PM

Anxiety Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Most Loved

Browse through 411.758 posts in 47.059 threads.

160,770 Members

Please welcome our newest members: MereM, browcari, Cas151, Britanica78, m_ladyschoolme

How many times?...............

16 years ago 0 1890 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Kristilu? Where is you? [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]1/17/2008 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 7 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 175 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $78.75 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 10 [B]Mins:[/B] 47 [B]Seconds:[/B] 9
16 years ago 0 735 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey Kristilu! Good for you, listen to yourself, NOT THE JUNKIE!! putt'n up a good fight there, girl! G :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]7/21/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 186 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 5,580 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $892.80 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 19 [B]Hrs:[/B] 4 [B]Mins:[/B] 57 [B]Seconds:[/B] 34
16 years ago 0 8760 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Kudos Kristilu on the self-talk! Good job! Danielle, Bilingual Health Educator
16 years ago 0 1890 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
You're a Star in the Newbie Firmament, Kristilu! I rattle my own cage by mumbling " I don't smoke. I quit days ago. I can breathe." Patrick [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]1/17/2008 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 6 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 150 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $67.50 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 4 [B]Mins:[/B] 31 [B]Seconds:[/B] 16
16 years ago 0 2417 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Good job Kristi! I always gave myself permission to smoke, I think it was a reverse psychology things. I knew that deep down I really didn't want to, so I didn't! So go ahead, smoke if you want to! You are going to nail this! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]1/8/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 380 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 5,700 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1,596.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 36 [B]Hrs:[/B] 2 [B]Mins:[/B] 27 [B]Seconds:[/B] 26
16 years ago 0 392 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
well, sue, it is a small world. that is alarming that there were so many cancer claims that your insurance had to change. Scary. That has always been my biggest concern with smoking. Every time I lit up I would think about that. And we're in the same boat, we have "okay" insurance too that quite frankly sux. So I know all about that insurance! Tonight, I had to make a trip to the store where I used to buy my smokes and the whole drive up there, I was saying, "I can smoke anytime I want to, I just choose not to" (thanks Anna) and "not smoking is a whole lot easier than laying on my death bed in my 50s or 60s saying goodbye to the people i love so much" And it worked like a charm! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]1/21/2008 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 1 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 25 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $6.88 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 3 [B]Mins:[/B] 43 [B]Seconds:[/B] 19
16 years ago 0 1356 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
small world Kristi, I work for a sheet metal fabricator also!! We are doing benefits right now and actually had to switch health insurance companies because we have had so many claims from employees that smoked and sadly died. The last my buddy Fred, who was my inspiration to quit along with my beloved hubby. The old insurance co increased our rates by 50% due to the cancer claims they had to pay out. This is something I never gave a thought to when I smoked. EVER. So we now have "okay" insurance and it is costing me $80 more per month. I am glad you are hanging in there Kristilu - never give up the quit. It is yours to lose and the rest of your life to gain. Sue [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]5/3/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 264 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,640 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $462.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 25 [B]Hrs:[/B] 19 [B]Mins:[/B] 5 [B]Seconds:[/B] 53
16 years ago 0 392 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Misty girl, let me try to explain. And that title is so vague, let me tell ya. I take orders for a metal fab shop, they have due dates and I have to make sure that all the due dates are met on the thousands of jobs we may have in house at any given time. And where I work that rarely happens, so customers call me all day wanting updated schedules bla bla bla... So I have to be nice, saying yes ma'am and no sir and then I hang up the phone and say what I really feel. LOL!! It's one of those workplaces where you wear about 10 hats. Don't get me wrong, I love the work I do, but sometimes it can be overwhelming, especially when your boss is a raving lunatic!!! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]1/21/2008 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 1 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 25 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $6.88 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 3 [B]Mins:[/B] 26 [B]Seconds:[/B] 47
16 years ago 0 1356 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
lol Misty ;p [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]5/3/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 264 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,640 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $462.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 25 [B]Hrs:[/B] 18 [B]Mins:[/B] 54 [B]Seconds:[/B] 12
16 years ago 0 591 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
(((HUGS))) Good Job Kristi! I'm proud of you! What does a production coordinator do, anyhow? I just asked my husband and he said.. "They make sure that all the production is coordinated." :confuse: I guess you don't want production happening randomly. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]7/17/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 554 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 41,550 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $10,387.50 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 49 [B]Hrs:[/B] 11 [B]Mins:[/B] 10 [B]Seconds:[/B] 31

Reading this thread: