Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Emergency Happy Questions

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-06-11 2:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Questions to challenge negativity

2024-06-03 3:43 PM

Depression Community

logo

Social anxiety disorder

2024-05-29 1:50 PM

Anxiety Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Most Loved

Browse through 411.758 posts in 47.059 threads.

160,770 Members

Please welcome our newest members: MereM, browcari, Cas151, Britanica78, m_ladyschoolme

IRRITABLE IS NOT THE WORD FOR THIS.......

16 years ago 0 3307 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Found this picture, hope you enjoy this. [IMG]http://i128.photobucket.com/albums/p173/osd1944/Baby_with_hammer.gif[/IMG] Keep the Quit Sparky [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]4/30/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 263 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,630 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $394.50 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 37 [B]Hrs:[/B] 7 [B]Mins:[/B] 33 [B]Seconds:[/B] 20
16 years ago 0 3307 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Kristilu, love you statement at the end of your posts. I can just see you with a hammer pounding away. :eg: Just a thought. Rusty always tell us about keeping a journal. I think for you it would be a great way to get your feeling down on paper. Then when you have calm days you can read it and realize just how much better it is. Just a thought. You are doing great. Keep the Quit Sparky [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]4/30/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 263 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,630 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $394.50 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 37 [B]Hrs:[/B] 7 [B]Mins:[/B] 28 [B]Seconds:[/B] 24
16 years ago 0 735 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey Kristilu, glad to heare things are calming a bit for you. It just gets better and better from here! BTW, you caused me to have a bad craving for chili cheese fritos (I didn't go for the peanuts) I had to get a bag on the way home yesterday. Fritos do taste soooooo good now! Thanks alot LOL :p keep it up, you're doing great! G ;) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]7/21/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 181 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 5,430 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $868.80 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 18 [B]Hrs:[/B] 16 [B]Mins:[/B] 37 [B]Seconds:[/B] 43
16 years ago 0 392 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thanks everyone! Your advice has been soooo helpful and pulled me to a better place. I am going to go see the dr. next week, maybe i need something to help me over the hump?? I hate taking medicine, but if there is something that will help me, this is important, and I should ask for help right? sue - thanks for clearing that up about the pic, i obsess over stupid stuff like that!!! :) i thought it might be one of those "it's a small world after all" things!! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]1/14/2008 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 4 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 100 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $27.50 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 8 [B]Mins:[/B] 49 [B]Seconds:[/B] 22
16 years ago 0 331 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I think we all go through our own different type of rage when we first quit, but remember it is just your body trying to healing itself and it doesn't know how yet. Give it time, this will pass. It is a great opportunity to learn coping skills so anytime when life is stressing you out you'll know how to deal with it. I have noticed a tremendous difference in my attitude, mood and general well being since I have quit, so you only have happy to look forward to. Take Care, Natalie [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]11/12/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 67 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,005 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $837.50 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 4 [B]Hrs:[/B] 16 [B]Mins:[/B] 51 [B]Seconds:[/B] 51
16 years ago 0 1356 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
hey Kristilu, no that was taken here in Raleigh, NC at a local mall. It is a pretty area isn't it. I hope you are doing ok today. One day at a time :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]5/3/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 260 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,600 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $455.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 25 [B]Hrs:[/B] 9 [B]Mins:[/B] 5 [B]Seconds:[/B] 18
16 years ago 0 3875 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey Kristilu Hang in there girl! I know it feels like you would like to kill someone, so come here and vent and let it all out. We all understand because we've been through it, so vent, cry, punch a pillow (You can pretend its your bosses head) If you're still at work go to the washroom and let the tears come, they are a release. Just think, we've stifled all those emotions in smoke for so many years, it's like they all come pouring out now, so let them go, it will feel so much better! :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]3/5/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 319 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 7,975 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $3,365.45 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 41 [B]Hrs:[/B] 21 [B]Mins:[/B] 20 [B]Seconds:[/B] 16
16 years ago 0 1288 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Members, Thank you for your great supportive messages. Keep your focus on the positive, try making a list of everything that makes you happy and everything you have to look forward. This may help to get threw the tougher times. Keep up the hard work and don't forget to reward yourselvs. Sylvie, Bilingual Health Educator
16 years ago 0 1151 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
kristilu, You are doing it and this is definitely the toughest stuff to deal with. It's like you said, you don't remember how you dealt with this stuff as a non-smoker. Be proud that you are brave enough to learn it now! It will ease up and just remember that cigarettes are causing you to feel this way, they won't help it. Try to channel that anger into motivation and commitment. In a few weeks, you'll look back on these early days and know that you've made the best decision you've ever made :) Congrats on Day 4 P.S. The crying is normal and it lets out all the funk, you are doin' great! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]8/5/2004 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 1260 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 25,200 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $5,670.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 98 [B]Hrs:[/B] 6 [B]Mins:[/B] 10 [B]Seconds:[/B] 51
  • Quit Meter

$37,245.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 644 Hours: 5

Minutes: 12 Seconds: 58

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

16 years ago 0 392 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Sue, that pic of you wasn't taken in Florida was it? I just happened to notice that you were a materials manager and my sister is too. We went to a conference with her in august in florida. Thought the background looked familiar.... [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]1/14/2008 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 3 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 75 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $20.63 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 7 [B]Mins:[/B] 30 [B]Seconds:[/B] 15

Reading this thread: