Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Emergency Happy Questions

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-06-11 2:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Questions to challenge negativity

2024-06-03 3:43 PM

Depression Community

logo

Social anxiety disorder

2024-05-29 1:50 PM

Anxiety Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Most Loved

Browse through 411.758 posts in 47.059 threads.

160,770 Members

Please welcome our newest members: MereM, browcari, Cas151, Britanica78, m_ladyschoolme

Quitting runs in the family.....

16 years ago 0 1000 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Kristilu, Thank you for that post it was an inspiration. I believe what Den says that your grandmother is walking with you. Keep quit, posting and walking :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]3/21/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 304 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 9,120 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $2,964.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 43 [B]Hrs:[/B] 11 [B]Mins:[/B] 49 [B]Seconds:[/B] 18
16 years ago 0 5009 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
.. and here's another strange thing - I just referred to my Quit as if it was something from the past.. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]2/13/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 705 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 21,150 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �5,287.50 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 114 [B]Hrs:[/B] 21 [B]Mins:[/B] 52 [B]Seconds:[/B] 10
16 years ago 0 5009 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
NO Kristilu! I'm sure this post means a lot to many! It certainly does to me - and one thing that kept my quit going was the memory of a loved one in my family. Thank you :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]2/13/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 705 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 21,150 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �5,287.50 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 114 [B]Hrs:[/B] 21 [B]Mins:[/B] 52 [B]Seconds:[/B] 1
16 years ago 0 591 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Wow - that IS an inspiring story! Thanks for sharing. BTW - you smell fantastic! :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]7/17/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 549 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 41,175 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $10,293.75 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 48 [B]Hrs:[/B] 23 [B]Mins:[/B] 13 [B]Seconds:[/B] 40
16 years ago 0 12049 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Kristi, What and inspiring recount and a wonderful role model for you to look up to :) Josie, Health Educator
16 years ago 0 515 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Very touching memories! Know that your grandmother is walking with you every step you take on that walk, just as you did with her when you were younger. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]1/7/2008 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 9 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 162 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $61.56 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 21 [B]Mins:[/B] 16 [B]Seconds:[/B] 18
16 years ago 0 392 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I was in deep thought yesterday about all the members of my family that smoke and how they've all been unsuccessful at quitting. Then I remembered my lovely grandmother. She passed a couple of years ago, and I still think of her every day. But, I remembered that she had smoked until her late 40s, early 50s. So I called my aunt and asked her if she remembered when she quit. She said, yes. She quit after the doctors told her she would die if she didn't quit. And so she laid them down and never picked them up again. That is also when she started walking on a daily basis. My aunt said at first she was so out of breath she didn't know if she would make it up the street, but she kept on fighting. By the time I was in school, she was in her 60's. She walked 2 miles every morning and 2 miles every day when I got home from school (she made me go with her). So I thought this was really cool, considering that is what I've done, dropped the smokes and taken up walking. Knowing how hard it is to quit now, I admire her for fighting it the way she did and keeping her quit the rest of her life, back when there was no internet or support groups or NRT's. I will remember this during my tough times and when I walk I will walk an extra lap for her. But, I will not quit the quit. I realize this post probably just means something to me, but just wanted to put it in black and white..... :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]1/14/2008 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 2 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 50 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $13.75 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 5 [B]Mins:[/B] 21 [B]Seconds:[/B] 9

Reading this thread: