Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Mother's Day is coming in a few weeks!

AABBYGAIL RUTH

2024-05-15 10:52 PM

Depression Community

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-05-15 9:17 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.753 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,626 Members

Please welcome our newest members: TEBON, SJOLINE GEL, Duncan Brown, BBEA ANGELIC, HMAZO

Don't Quit

16 years ago 0 1985 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Spoken like a true CallMeMomMom, Our choices are 1) smoker or 2) non-smoker, no in betweens. That is just the way it is. You get use to just not doing, what you should not be doing anyhow. There are things that to be avoided! Great post CallMeMomMon! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]1/22/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 688 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 12,384 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $3,784.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 125 [B]Hrs:[/B] 14 [B]Mins:[/B] 24 [B]Seconds:[/B] 33
16 years ago 0 969 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Occasionally I think of having a cigarette...not because of stress, nor because of the addiction necessarily, but just because there were times (tho' not many) that I really enjoyed the taste, like many say about a expensive cigar or a fine wine. Now and then I enjoyed the experience...the smell of freshly lit tobacco, the feel of the smooth paper between my fingers, the rush as the nicotine hit my brain, soothing and relaxing me... Then my common sense takes over and I say "Why?" What would I gain? Nothing. What do I have to lose? Lots. Now that I have quit for this long a time, why in the world would I want to tempt myself again? I know I wouldn't want just one cigarette...it would have to be one pack...or one carton....or more. I would be back to 2 packs a day real fast! NOPE, I'll just stay quit with the rest of you. Happy holidays to all! Nance [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]2/14/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 299 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 8,970 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1,450.15 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 41 [B]Hrs:[/B] 17 [B]Mins:[/B] 16 [B]Seconds:[/B] 42
16 years ago 0 1113 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Lady, we have the same motivation for staying with our quits! This is my one shot and I am making the most of it. Luckily, the wonderful peeps at the SSC are my stabilisers, so it's not easy to fall off. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]7/12/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 151 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 3,775 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �634.20 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 18 [B]Hrs:[/B] 22 [B]Mins:[/B] 32 [B]Seconds:[/B] 20
16 years ago 0 75 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
It's good to hear from folks who are smokeless for longer periods and to hear good things. I am at the 1 month point and still have some cravings but not overbearing. I have done many things smoke free that I used to smoke in between or after these activities like, work, chruch and playing music and have gotten used to them without smoking. I guess the hollidays are one more thing and I don't see too many problems. Chantix helps but I want to stay stopped for my longevity and for the memory of my parents who died as the result of smoking. all the best [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]11/17/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 23 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 391 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $92.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 4 [B]Hrs:[/B] 7 [B]Mins:[/B] 4 [B]Seconds:[/B] 0
16 years ago 0 1148 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hello Lady, Yes, this is my first holiday season without smokes and I have had more craves than is normal. It's become a daily thing again and it's alright, I'm doing fine. It's funny how they're more than just notions again (like early on), but I know this too shall pass. I hope you're doing well this season. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]3/15/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 270 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 5,400 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1,134.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 43 [B]Hrs:[/B] 12 [B]Mins:[/B] 22 [B]Seconds:[/B] 25
16 years ago 0 5195 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Ladybug... I'll never be able to tell stories like you do. John W.. so good to see you here. Look at the stats of the quitters on this post. We are proof that quiting can be done and the quit can be kept! Don't quit quitting no matter what. Your first Christmas season without the smokes may be kind of tough with the temptation of all those family members that go outside to smoke. Don't get sucked in. Stand strong and make it through. It is so worth it. I promise. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]7/1/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 891 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 17,820 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $3,118.50 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 80 [B]Hrs:[/B] 12 [B]Mins:[/B] 16 [B]Seconds:[/B] 41
16 years ago 0 1073 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Here's to feeling the wind blowing through our hair! (Nice Imagery!) [color=Purple]~lbugg~[/color] [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]3/17/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 997 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 55,832 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $6,979.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 97 [B]Hrs:[/B] 1 [B]Mins:[/B] 43 [B]Seconds:[/B] 36
  • Quit Meter

$52,507.50

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 919 Hours: 4

Minutes: 18 Seconds: 21

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

16 years ago 0 1543 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Who said the average quitter quits about 7 times???? I tried OVER 107 times!! :8o: Nicotine is a very powerful addiction. Stay far away from the nicotine juice. Your quit deserves "respect". Great post Lady Mercy [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]1/21/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 322 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 6,440 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1,439.34 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 42 [B]Hrs:[/B] 7 [B]Mins:[/B] 32 [B]Seconds:[/B] 46
16 years ago 0 319 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey Lady, Congraulations on those Stats, And Yes!! I know You, You make heep big Medicine on this website, You are quite right, learning to ride a bicycle and to kick the cigerette habit, does have a lot similarity, when You fall off, You get back on, You don't never give up if You want it bad enough, I just remember all the time during my first and second year of quitting, how long it was going to be, before I slipped, I am happy to say that it never happened, Remember that old saying down through the years, '' Time Heals All,'' I am now a true believer in that saying, the longer that I went without a cigerette touching my lips, the stronger I became, It'a little bit like, '' Out of sight, Out of Mind,'' But time in quitting this addiction can make Anyone a stronger and a more Positive Person in the way They think, Let me wish You Lady, and All the wonderful Quitters on this website a most wonderful smoke free Christmas, and New Years, You are One beautiful Person if You can go through the Holidays without reaching for a cigerette, Love You Friends, Smokless In Oklahoma :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]3/10/2003 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 1734 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 52,020 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $7,421.52 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 405 [B]Hrs:[/B] 13 [B]Mins:[/B] 17 [B]Seconds:[/B] 55
  • Quit Meter

$26,887.50

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 885 Hours: 6

Minutes: 7 Seconds: 44

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

16 years ago 0 3131 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
NOPE is the way to go Marie [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]6/13/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 543 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 9,231 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $3,529.50 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 72 [B]Hrs:[/B] 2 [B]Mins:[/B] 32 [B]Seconds:[/B] 40

Reading this thread: