Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Mother's Day is coming in a few weeks!

AABBYGAIL RUTH

2024-05-15 10:52 PM

Depression Community

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-05-15 9:17 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.753 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,633 Members

Please welcome our newest members: GCAJULAO, RPABIA, TEBON, SJOLINE GEL, Duncan Brown

lets make a list of the positive aspects of quitting. It will boost our spirits

16 years ago 0 2534 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I'll do it:- 1. A smaller purse 2. A heavier wallet The pleasure's all mine :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]5/18/2004 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 1122 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 22,440 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �5,610.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 180 [B]Hrs:[/B] 5 [B]Mins:[/B] 51 [B]Seconds:[/B] 34
  • Quit Meter

$56,958.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 1128 Hours: 3

Minutes: 49 Seconds: 30

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

16 years ago 0 1056 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
A smaller handbag.* A heavier purse.* A longer day and a longer life smell free. Gen :) * May require a little transatlantic translation! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]3/28/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 78 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,248 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �390.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 10 [B]Hrs:[/B] 9 [B]Mins:[/B] 0 [B]Seconds:[/B] 23
16 years ago 0 1127 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Nice thread, For me it is all positive. I am healthier, I don't smell and there are no stains on my fingers. I am a new person who laughs a lot and I like my non smoking life way better. Oh and yes, the moneypart is also positive. I have money now and before the quit the month was always 1 week to short. Be a happy quitter ;p [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]4/1/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 439 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 13,170 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �1,295.05 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 61 [B]Hrs:[/B] 21 [B]Mins:[/B] 37 [B]Seconds:[/B] 4
16 years ago 0 5195 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
The most positive aspects I can think of because of quitting are: 1. I have learned to have a new perspective on life. 2. I have learned how to think in a positive manner (sometimes) 3. I have learned how to live a smoke free life. 4. I have learned who I am without the crutch of addiction. 5. I have learned that there is nothing in the world like being free. I never thought quitting was possible but I proved myself wrong. You can do the same. There are some great replies on this thread and a lot of great quitters as well. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]7/1/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 713 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 14,260 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $2,495.50 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 64 [B]Hrs:[/B] 8 [B]Mins:[/B] 51 [B]Seconds:[/B] 11
16 years ago 0 598 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
wow, Penitent, that is a very powerful statement "feeling completely whole and free for the first time in my adult life". I am so much newer in my quit; but I am starting to feel so much more in control of my life. Like, I will speak what I really feel or think, instead of lighting up a cigarette and being quiet. Or, I will decide what I want to do instead of just saying "yes" to someone elses suggestions, because I don't want to go against what they want. (of course, I do it in a nice way!). For instance, a friend calls and says "I am making dinner tonight, so come on over after work". When I smoked, I would say "okay", whether I wanted to do it or not. Now, I can say, "I'm too tired tonight. I am going to stay in, or, I can't, I am going to the gym and reading a good book tonight". I do not know if I am explaining myself, but I bet you all know what I mean. That is a beautiful poem Ladycigevictor (I love your name!). Thanks for taking the time to share it with us. And, I agree with you. The greatest benefits of quitting are mental; more self esteem, more confidence. I am so thankful that I found this website. The benefits go on and on! new me [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]5/26/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 18 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 432 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $90.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 14 [B]Mins:[/B] 40 [B]Seconds:[/B] 28
16 years ago 0 925 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Wonderful post new me ...and such great contributions from a group who are not just beating the odds by quitting smoking...we are happy and loving being smoke free! I see a lot of physical things on our lists of positives and I have enjoyed many of them. The biggest changes for me have been in my mind. I learned about my addiction to nicotine and truly understood that I had a choice in stopping smoking. I chose to be happy about beating my addiction. This empowered me to not just quit smoking, but to use the power of positive choice to make overdue changes in other areas of my life. THE MOST POSITIVE ASPECT OF QUITTING FOR ME: I feel completely free and whole for the first time in my adult life. Like Penitent, [quote] What we have done and are doing for ourselves leaves me feeling elated, joyous and thankful. [/quote] Keep up the great positive quits everyone. :) Pat ***this song says it all*** I am unwritten, can't read my mind, I'm undefined. I'm just beginning, the pen's in my hand, ending unplanned. Staring at the blank page before you, open up the dirty window Let the sun illuminate the words that you cannot find Reaching for something in the distance, so close you can almost taste it. Release your inhibitions, feel the rain on your skin. No one else can feel it for you, only you can let it in No one else, no one else, can speak the words on your lips Drench yourself in words unspoken live your life with arms wide open Today is the day your book begins, the rest is still unwritten. ~ Natasha Bedingfield, "Unwritten" [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]1/28/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 136 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 5,440 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1,904.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 16 [B]Hrs:[/B] 2 [B]Mins:[/B] 23 [B]Seconds:[/B] 36
  • Quit Meter

$121,344.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 966 Hours: 12

Minutes: 50 Seconds: 19

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

16 years ago 0 1148 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thank you New Me for this great post. There's nothing I don't like about not smoking. I think the best part is knowing I'm not poisoning myself anymore, not contributing to my own early demise. It scared my children that I smoked and they could lose me to it. That internal struggle and guilt isn't there anymore, it's just gone. I'm finally free and I'm still discovering more reasons to love it. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]3/15/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 90 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,800 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $378.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 14 [B]Hrs:[/B] 12 [B]Mins:[/B] 51 [B]Seconds:[/B] 18
16 years ago 0 2534 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Neigh lad - surely not!! :p [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]5/18/2004 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 1121 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 22,420 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �5,605.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 180 [B]Hrs:[/B] 1 [B]Mins:[/B] 19 [B]Seconds:[/B] 25
  • Quit Meter

$56,958.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 1128 Hours: 3

Minutes: 49 Seconds: 30

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

16 years ago 0 5009 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
The best bit is discovering my true identity :p [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]2/13/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 485 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 14,550 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �3,637.50 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 77 [B]Hrs:[/B] 22 [B]Mins:[/B] 9 [B]Seconds:[/B] 39
16 years ago 0 3908 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I MET YOU ALL!! me [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]8/8/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 309 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 6,798 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �1,622.25 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 60 [B]Hrs:[/B] 5 [B]Mins:[/B] 40 [B]Seconds:[/B] 25

Reading this thread: