Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Emergency Happy Questions

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-06-11 2:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Questions to challenge negativity

2024-06-03 3:43 PM

Depression Community

logo

Social anxiety disorder

2024-05-29 1:50 PM

Anxiety Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Most Loved

Browse through 411.758 posts in 47.059 threads.

160,770 Members

Please welcome our newest members: MereM, browcari, Cas151, Britanica78, m_ladyschoolme

Getting back into the workforce ! Emotions running high !

17 years ago 0 175 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Good news for you, Jean, how exciting! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]5/13/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 16 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 320 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $176.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 15 [B]Mins:[/B] 43 [B]Seconds:[/B] 38
  • Quit Meter

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 0 Hours: 0

Minutes: 0 Seconds: 0

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 517 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
[color=Navy]Copied this from the post I wrote in the Ashkicker's thread >>>>>[/color] I also got some very encouraging news about getting back into the work force I've been out for several years due to a disability .. and quick note.. During these years on disability has been the heaviest of my smoking days. The inability to do much of anything over a long long period of time leads a smoker to simply sit and smoke smoke smoke. Now so many things have turned around for me and I've been given the "go ahead" by my physicians to seek employment ! YEA ! I have to admit, I'm pretty scared but more excited about all of this and yes, it's a good stress and for about 30 seconds I felt like having a cigarette to 'celebrate'. Just something I would do in the PAST - weird how things from being a smoker triggers something you want to do and then you think --- NO ! I'm a NON SMOKER and I need to celebrate in another way ! So with all of my excitement, high anxieties etc. I went out for a 1/2 hour power walk and that worked out perfectly ! This is going to be a long process getting back into the workforce.. paper work, training etc etc etc... I have to be patient ! I am so thrilled about this news .. a good stress ya know ? And on that note I HAVE to go for a brisk walk to work it off. Learning again a new lesson in my journey as a non smoker - even good things can be trigger's and I've lined up my coping tools in a row as well as a lot of deep breathing to calm myself down..lol.. Jean [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]4/4/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 55 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,375 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $563.75 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 6 [B]Hrs:[/B] 5 [B]Mins:[/B] 12 [B]Seconds:[/B] 24

Reading this thread: