Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Mother's Day is coming in a few weeks!

AABBYGAIL RUTH

2024-05-15 10:52 PM

Depression Community

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-05-15 9:17 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.753 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,634 Members

Please welcome our newest members: CuppaJo, GCAJULAO, RPABIA, TEBON, SJOLINE GEL

Reality Check!

17 years ago 0 2631 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Heck I'm in!! Maybe we better leave the plastic on the new couch until after the parties are done. Sorry Jan, I think there might be some nuts from my nutty buddy phase in the old couch.... Party time at Jans! Windy [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 9/11/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 224 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 4,489 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1120 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 21 [B]Hrs:[/B] 20 [B]Mins:[/B] 44 [B]Seconds:[/B] 45
17 years ago 0 2039 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Cool!!!! I can't wait for some pretty neat PJ parties with my new livingroom set! Popcorn, movies, taffy apples, pop, chips...and for those of us watching the pounds...celery!!!! Phil is more than welcome to come too, even though someone's pinched his cigarettes savings! Maybe if he finds it we can have a big screen plasma TV with surround sound and any other bells and whistles that come with it! I'm just lovin' this, Cheers, Jan [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/13/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 99 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,998 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $891 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 11 [B]Hrs:[/B] 5 [B]Mins:[/B] 38 [B]Seconds:[/B] 36
17 years ago 0 2838 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hugs for Jan............. Okay... I've leaned on you during hard times myself. I feel the need to do SOMETHING for you in return. Jan--Your couch needs to be replaced. Everyone in SSC has sat on that couch, drank sodas, ate popcorn and chips and watched CSI or sappy movies. Not to mention what has happened on that couch in REAL life :gasp:! So, we're going to take up a collection from our virtual cigarette savings and buy you a new living room set! :) Tell us what you want........ ***except for Phil......someone stole his money.... Seriously...I hope it gets better. It will...it always does! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 9/8/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 226 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 11,340 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1808 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 24 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 19 [B]Seconds:[/B] 16
17 years ago 0 2631 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Jan - I don't know about you but I had those hormonal moments even before I quit....Gosh...sometimes I would start crying when I was listening to some country & western songs or I watched one of the telephone commercials plus I could work myself up into a frenzy over the slightest thing. We aren't going to go running for the smokes anymore but we are normal (Aren't we??? - Gosh I hope so) Take good care of yourself and get rested up - You need to have LOTS of energy for the beach party tomorrow! Windy [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 9/11/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 223 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 4,475 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1115 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 21 [B]Hrs:[/B] 19 [B]Mins:[/B] 7 [B]Seconds:[/B] 51
Lady, You have no idea how happy I am to hear you say that this is perfectly normal. This solidifies my quit and how I accomplish it even more. You've just made me very happy. I look forward to the days ahead. The SMOKE FREE days ahead. Cheers, Jan :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/13/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 99 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,990 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $891 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 11 [B]Hrs:[/B] 4 [B]Mins:[/B] 58 [B]Seconds:[/B] 45
17 years ago 0 5195 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Jan, What you are going through is soooooo perfectly normal. I remember those days and don't ever care to repeat them. Keep hanging in there. As you said, this is a reality check and a time to be proud of all you have accomplished. You are succeeding Jan and along with the successful quit comes so many changes. It is all worth it. I promise you, it is worth every bit of it. The smokefree life just keeps getting better, and better, and better and better. Keep going. You are doing great!!!!! Lady [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 7/1/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 660 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 13,213 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $2310 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 59 [B]Hrs:[/B] 15 [B]Mins:[/B] 29 [B]Seconds:[/B] 15
Josie and Lookingglass, I truly appreciate your words and support. You're absolutely right, I am making my own destiny here, and I can deal with the bad days, because at this stage of my quit, the good days are definitely outweighing the bad. And I cherish each and every one of those good days. I am keeping the focus on myself here, because this is what's important. And even through the tears(although they are gone now!!!!)I have never been so proud of myself as I am right now. I reach the beach tomorrow(with my suitcase, goggles and flippers), and I can remember when I first joined, watching people reach Century Beach and how far away it seemed to me. Well, here I am, and it really wasn't that far away at all. I'm so glad to be a part of this SSC family. You are the major reason I'm about to "reach the beach!" Keep those wonderful quits guys, Cheers, Jan [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/13/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 99 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,988 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $891 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 11 [B]Hrs:[/B] 4 [B]Mins:[/B] 46 [B]Seconds:[/B] 54
17 years ago 0 1040 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Jan, it's your destiny. If you don't control it, somebody/something else will. What you're doing, you're doing for you. Keep your gaze fixed on that fact. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/6/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 47 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,190 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $434.75 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 7 [B]Hrs:[/B] 18 [B]Mins:[/B] 12 [B]Seconds:[/B] 13
17 years ago 0 12049 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Jan, It is important to remember that you are doing the right thing and you are making a difference. The bad days will come and go, cherish the good ones and make them worth while :) Josie _____________________ The SSC Support Team.
Just when I think I've been going along quite nicely and all is well again, BAM! the moods hit again. I had couple of good days after taking off the patch, and now today, on the threshold of 100 smoke free days, I'm all teary eyed and moody again. Pre-menopause is definitely a factor here. And even though today isn't the best for me, I like to take that reality check and realize that I could have days like this on and off for perhaps a year. And that's only speculating because I don't really know. This is the longest I've been quit in 24 years! Once I remind myself this is normal and part of the journey I start to feel better. Time helps and heals every step of the way. I am soooo happy to be a non smoker, even when I'm teary eyed. I think what got me really going was when my daughter came home from her weekend away(she's moving out in 1 1/2 weeks), sees me sitting on the couch watching TV and says, "what's wrong with you? Perhaps if you got up you might feel better." Not, "Hi, how are you?" Its then I feel like screaming, "leave me alone!!!!" Again all part of the journey. Thanks for letting me vent, Cheers, Jan [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/13/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 99 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,988 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $891 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 11 [B]Hrs:[/B] 4 [B]Mins:[/B] 40 [B]Seconds:[/B] 22

Reading this thread: