Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-20 2:48 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.755 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,684 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Strongyogi*, TNIKKA, SKARYLE KATE, BMARC ANTHONY, MNJD

Me?....Smoking?

17 years ago 0 932 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Jan, I know how relieved you felt!! Phew!! I had my very first smoking dream last night. The thing is, I rarely remember all of my dreams. But, I remember smoking in the one I had last night and crying because I felt like such an utter failure. That's all I remember from the dream and that was enough. What a rush of relief I felt once I woke up good and realized it was all a nightmare. Maybe these dreams are a good thing at times. They remind us of just how we'd really feel if we blew it now. You think? Hugs, Tutti PS I hope I don't have another one for a good long while though. LOL [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/18/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 45 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,046 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $161.55 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 4 [B]Hrs:[/B] 19 [B]Mins:[/B] 32 [B]Seconds:[/B] 48
17 years ago 0 2039 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Oh thank the dear Lord it was just a dream. Thing was it seemed soooo real. I dreamt... ~~~I had gone away on a short vacation with hubby. We had been shopping and when I opened the shopping bag there was a carton of the very brand of cigs I used to smoke. And in my purse...an open package. And in my hand...a lit cigarette. I WAS smoking. And all I could think about was the "80 day" thread that had been posted for me with the congrats for making it so far. Now I would have to face everyone here at SSC and tell them I was smoking again. It felt absolutely HORRIBLE~~~ I was never soooo glad to wake up and realize my quit was well in tact and going strong. Dang those smoking dreams! Cheers, Jan [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/13/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 81 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,444 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $729 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 9 [B]Hrs:[/B] 3 [B]Mins:[/B] 47 [B]Seconds:[/B] 7
17 years ago 0 1543 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
All my other quits I had those dreams. I don't know why I have not had a dream this quit smoking? Why do you think? Really weird. mercy [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/21/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 73 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,477 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $326.31 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 9 [B]Hrs:[/B] 13 [B]Mins:[/B] 50 [B]Seconds:[/B] 50
17 years ago 0 813 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Callme Would yo please ship some of those dreams over here, I never have anything good like that...I like the one about baseball...I need some of those... nonic [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 12/25/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 100 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,420 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $700 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 18 [B]Hrs:[/B] 17 [B]Mins:[/B] 37 [B]Seconds:[/B] 27
17 years ago 0 932 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Alright, I'm getting screwed in the dream department. :mad: I haven't had anything good like that. HEE HEE!!! Tutti [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/18/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 45 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,063 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $161.55 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 4 [B]Hrs:[/B] 20 [B]Mins:[/B] 28 [B]Seconds:[/B] 39
17 years ago 0 969 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
HI all! My last quit was (duh) unsuccessful, partially because I stopped the patch and wellbutrin because of the vivid dreams. Had I found this site then, I might be on my 3rd or 4th year of my quit. Anyway, I have had those unnerving smoking dreams, and I think of them as reinforcement that I am doing the right thing, and that the addiction wants me to cave. As long as I can smoke in my dreams, I won't smoke in my waking moments. As for the vivid dreams, I still have them, and to be honest, I look forward to them. They are so entertaining! At one point I was writing them down. In my dreams I have seen the rock formations in New Mexico (?), walked on a bridge w-w-a-a-y-y- up in the air over nothing at all, piloted my own plane, pitched a baseball to a major league player (he sure was cute, but I didn't catch his name), and a lot of others that were so real.... Where else can you get free movies every night? I LOVE THEM! Sweet dreams y'all! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/14/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 49 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,494 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $237.65 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 6 [B]Hrs:[/B] 20 [B]Mins:[/B] 30 [B]Seconds:[/B] 5
17 years ago 0 3875 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
You know what they say, we dream about our worst fears, we're working hard to stay quit so seems pretty normal that we'd have dreams about it. But hey, at least they are only dreams. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/5/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 30 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 768 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $316.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 17 [B]Mins:[/B] 1 [B]Seconds:[/B] 40
17 years ago 0 7 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Wow sounds like a dream i had. I was in a mall, and I stoped to buy 2 packes of smokes[the brand I smoked]. I opened a pack, smoked one, then realized I dont smoke anymore. Ahh the guilt. That feeling makes me never want to smoke again.
17 years ago 0 948 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I had a dream that I was on the playground with my daughter, we were swinging together and I had a lit cig in my mouth. In my dream my daughter was 8-9 years old, but she is actually 17 years old right now. So very glad it was only a dream, but that must have been how i was, because i had smoked for 25+ years. Sad to say. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/1/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 34 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 864 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $170 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 15 [B]Mins:[/B] 50 [B]Seconds:[/B] 58
17 years ago 0 2039 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I agree with you, Tutti. I got a taste of what I'd feel like if I did start smoking again. And boy, am I ever glad I don't. So, yeah, I think it was a good thing. A little reminder now and again never hurts. I'm sure you felt that same sense of relief as I did! Cheers, Jan [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/13/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 81 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,446 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $729 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 9 [B]Hrs:[/B] 4 [B]Mins:[/B] 3 [B]Seconds:[/B] 38

Reading this thread: