Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Mother's Day is coming in a few weeks!

AABBYGAIL RUTH

2024-05-15 10:52 PM

Depression Community

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-05-15 9:17 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.753 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,631 Members

Please welcome our newest members: RPABIA, TEBON, SJOLINE GEL, Duncan Brown, BBEA ANGELIC

At this moment, life is good.

17 years ago 0 1040 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I've come to see that there's a lot of value in a few moments of feeling good and right with the world. At day four in my quit...chances are pretty good that I'm going to have some challenges today around my quit. I'm going to have some cravings, at times I'm not going to feel all that comfortable in my own skin,... I'm going to find myself mentally reaching for that cigarette (that isn't there)... and drawing back, reminding myself that I don't smoke anymore. There's going to be moments or minutes of anxiety, grief, anger, sadness, disorientation... But in the midst of all that... there will also be periods of hope, gratitude, perhaps a sense of 'normalcy'... At this moment I feel good. I'm writing this and I'm focused on my vision for the future. At this moment... the craving isn't there. I can appreciate that my body is healing, my identity is changing... the ways I relate to the world around me is becoming healthier and less self-destructive. This moment is the reward that I kept looking for in a cigarette, and never found. The cigarettes gave me artificial relief, a false sense of satisfaction and affirmation... they gave me a lie, and then asked me to pay for it with my health, my quality of life, my self-image... and ultimately my life itself. Today will have its challenges. I'm learning how to live life on different terms, and there's going to be some pain. But there will also be moments like this, when I'm happy to be alive, and becoming more 'fully alive' than I've been in almost 34 years. For today, that's enough. It's a promise of things to come. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/6/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 4 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 113 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $37 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 17 [B]Mins:[/B] 39 [B]Seconds:[/B] 47
17 years ago 0 1040 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thanks, Healer, Tutti, Windy, Gonnadoit, Penguin and Danielle!! You're all very generous of spirit... and very welcoming. That feels good to me right now. Very good indeed.
17 years ago 0 932 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Lookingglass, you're doing a wonderful job!! You have 4 huge days to your credit here and you're looking good. This is really a great post and so well written. You should keep writing things like this. I found this very encouraging and so inspiring. I believe you've found a deadly tool to use if you should have a craving.....your talent!! Stay Strong and Hang in the With Us!! Tutti [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/18/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 20 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 930 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $71.8 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 4 [B]Mins:[/B] 31 [B]Seconds:[/B] 12
17 years ago 0 2631 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Great Post Lookingglass - You have such a positive perspective - Enjoy every reward that this journey gives you! Thanks for sharing.. Windy [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 9/11/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 180 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 3,613 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $900 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 17 [B]Hrs:[/B] 14 [B]Mins:[/B] 24 [B]Seconds:[/B] 21
17 years ago 0 2838 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
:) The one thing we CAN gaurantee is A LOT of emotion! Every quit is different. Hope you continue with the great attitude. It certainly helps! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 9/8/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 183 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 9,188 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1464 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 19 [B]Hrs:[/B] 10 [B]Mins:[/B] 59 [B]Seconds:[/B] 54
17 years ago 0 8760 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Lookingglass, Thank you for sharing your thoughts. We are glad you had a good day! Danielle ____________________ The SSC Support Team
17 years ago 0 2436 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Wonderful post, friend! This journey is amazing, isn't it? Being grounded was, and is, very significant in my quit journey. And it sounds like you are extremely grounded. Good for you! You're doing beautifully! Thanks for sharing part of your journey today... Love and Blessings- Healer [url=[IMG]http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g31/healerwithin/butfly1.gif[/IMG]][IMG]http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g31/healerwithin/butfly1.gif[/IMG][/url] [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/5/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 370 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 12,972 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1720.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 48 [B]Hrs:[/B] 11 [B]Mins:[/B] 18 [B]Seconds:[/B] 6
17 years ago 0 1306 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I think we have a winner here!!!! Keep it up. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/10/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 59 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,195 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $678.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 5 [B]Hrs:[/B] 23 [B]Mins:[/B] 28 [B]Seconds:[/B] 26
  • Quit Meter

$330,488.70

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 6028 Hours: 9

Minutes: 27 Seconds: 25

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 118 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
the longer you stay quit, the more good days you will have!!!!!im having one of those good feeling days today too. keep on keeping on. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/5/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 5 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 145 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $20 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 14 [B]Mins:[/B] 47 [B]Seconds:[/B] 31
  • Quit Meter

$908,560.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 5957 Hours: 8

Minutes: 17 Seconds: 26

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Reading this thread: