Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-20 2:48 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.755 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,682 Members

Please welcome our newest members: TNIKKA, SKARYLE KATE, BMARC ANTHONY, MNJD, kybrg

It begins..

17 years ago 0 969 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey Howling Rock, I am just two little days behind you, giving you a little push. You can do it! MomMom
17 years ago 0 74 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi HowlingRock Welcome to SSC... this is a wonderful community... keep posting and reading the old posts here. They are a wonderful resource and will help you get through the good times and the bad. I hope Day One is going good for you :) NOPE - Not One Puff Ever Danni [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/31/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 12 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 374 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $60 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 20 [B]Mins:[/B] 9 [B]Seconds:[/B] 37
  • Quit Meter

$327,146.40

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 5958 Hours: 14

Minutes: 21 Seconds: 50

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 7 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thank you all for the wonderful encouragement. I'm on another site too and am humbled by the support both here and there. My name is Mike. The Username, Howling Rock, is my ranch. We live in BC Canada (interior) and have a small ranch (15 acres) with 6 hay burners (horses). I could have done a lot more on the Howling Rock Ranch last year and now without the butts, I will. I feel good right now; the cravings come but just knowing that seems to diminish their effectiveness. I know it is in the mind and so with any luck, some support here and grace, I'll carry on. No smoking today, that's for sure. Gratefully yours, Mike HRR (Howling Rock Ranch) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/12/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 0 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 0 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $0 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 0 [B]Seconds:[/B] 0
  • Quit Meter

$289,660.88

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 9772 Hours: 19

Minutes: 45 Seconds: 18

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 7 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Although it shows as the 12th on this site; I live in BC Canada so it's still the eleventh. I've got two smokes left and when I awake tomorrow; I will not be smoking. I can certainly use some buddy's. I'm a bit apprehensive but I've done this before, twice, and know that I can. The reasons to stop are many and it doesn't matter what they are as long as they overide the urge. I simply must go through it all again but I know that the frequency of cravings diminish over time. Good luck to all. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/12/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 0 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 0 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $0 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 0 [B]Seconds:[/B] 0
  • Quit Meter

$289,660.88

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 9772 Hours: 19

Minutes: 45 Seconds: 18

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 925 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi HowlingRock, The time difference was confusing for me at first as well, but I belive the site is based on Ontario's central time zone, so is 3 hours ahead of us. Welcome and congratulations on deciding to quit! Sorry, I haven't got tons of experience but will be happy to help if I can. Do you want to give us a litte info? Are you going cold turkey or are you using an aid? Sounds like you've tried quitting before, so I hope you've gotten your plan, diversion and distraction tools ready for the morning. You will have lots of buddies here, and someone with experience will likely step up to help you out personally. If you really need help to beat a crisis, post a new thread here saying so and someone will be with you asap. You've come to the right place as the people here at SSC are more than willing to lend a hand. Best wishes. Pat Quit or try dyin :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/28/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 15 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 607 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $210 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 18 [B]Mins:[/B] 29 [B]Seconds:[/B] 1
  • Quit Meter

$121,516.80

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 967 Hours: 22

Minutes: 49 Seconds: 42

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 591 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Mike "Rock On"! Stick with us...Mental Image and Detrmination (you will beat it) auntdeb :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/1/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 44 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,225 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $209 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 6 [B]Hrs:[/B] 2 [B]Mins:[/B] 55 [B]Seconds:[/B] 20
17 years ago 0 204 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Sounds like "rollingrock" Dam, a trigger point! lol. Gook luck on your quit, stay strong and we stay alive! Jaset [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 11/17/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 87 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,756 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $478.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 13 [B]Hrs:[/B] 14 [B]Mins:[/B] 17 [B]Seconds:[/B] 27
17 years ago 0 1150 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Come along with us and walk this road, buddy. Stick close. :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 12/29/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 45 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 455 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $225 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 4 [B]Hrs:[/B] 7 [B]Mins:[/B] 34 [B]Seconds:[/B] 20
17 years ago 0 1150 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
You bring up a good point about being able to get a lot more done. One of our members recently commented on enjoying having more time and being "in" the moment of whatever he is doing. He made this statement on his 359th day smoke-free. Others have commented too about rushing whatever they were doing to get to the next smoke. Certainly it's a value statement. You mentioned another site. I don't know how you do it. This is the only site I do. I've never done this kind of thing. It can be addictive in and of itself. I have to be careful so that I don't stay on too much so that 1) I can get done what I have to get done at work and home and 2) I don't impose on others. I think there is a big difference between offering support and being downright imposing. I can say that in my early days, and sometimes now, being on here replaces a cigarette. If this is the worst I am doing, then everything is going to be OK. Anyway, wanted to wish you luck today in your efforts to stay smoke-free. (Notice I said "stay". It's no longer a matter of getting smoke-free. Now all you have to do is maintain it). :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 12/29/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 46 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 465 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $230 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 4 [B]Hrs:[/B] 9 [B]Mins:[/B] 54 [B]Seconds:[/B] 27
17 years ago 0 2670 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
[IMG]http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q95/lynne122/thhellorainbow.gif[/IMG] howling rock welcome to the SSC you will get lots of support here good luck lynnexx [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/24/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 111 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,667 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �444 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 12 [B]Hrs:[/B] 12 [B]Mins:[/B] 2 [B]Seconds:[/B] 38
  • Quit Meter

$113,592.50

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 6494 Hours: 23

Minutes: 33 Seconds: 50

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Reading this thread: