Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Mother's Day is coming in a few weeks!

AABBYGAIL RUTH

2024-05-15 10:52 PM

Depression Community

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-05-15 9:17 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.753 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,634 Members

Please welcome our newest members: CuppaJo, GCAJULAO, RPABIA, TEBON, SJOLINE GEL

Learning to cut myself some slack.

17 years ago 0 985 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Jan... Be easy on yourself sweetie. And yes, cut yourself some slack and take a nap or watch some t.v. and just take it in.. Just be! (((((((((((hugs)))))))))) Monica58 [IMG]http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o304/Monica58/Angel.gif[/IMG] [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/12/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 4 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 92 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $36 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 12 [B]Mins:[/B] 26 [B]Seconds:[/B] 37
Always here for you hon.. THAT you can always depend on! I just came off a huge crave and now the nausea (sometimes get that at the end of a crave..weird huh?).. well the nausea is calming down. Sippin' on some hot tea while I roam around here. Had to check on you before I lay down with my remote and watch a little t.v.. My shows are on tonight.. I think I remember you saying you like Law and Order C.I. and L & O SVU? So I'm going to settle in and enjoy them. :) Take good care of you..and see you soon.. ((((((((((Jan)))))))))) Monica58 [IMG]http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o304/Monica58/Angel.gif[/IMG] [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/12/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 4 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 94 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $36 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 12 [B]Mins:[/B] 48 [B]Seconds:[/B] 25
Hiya Jan, I had a day very odd day myself.. for me I think I've got a touch of the flu :( Anyway, getting through this and not smoking - cravings and all is like a volcano ready to erupt. So you know what I did.. stayed in bed most of the day. Only got up to help hubby with some stuff, make his dinner and then back to bed. NO GUILT! Anyway, I too am looking forward to SVU tonight and then off to bed..again! LOL... See you again soon sweetie.. and btw.. I don't think we have eachother's email.. maybe we can meet up sometime on IM ..or if you have yahoo messenger you can get it from Denise? Love and hugs sweetheart.. be gentle on yourself :) Monica58 [IMG]http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o304/Monica58/Angel.gif[/IMG] [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/12/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 5 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 114 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $45 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 15 [B]Mins:[/B] 26 [B]Seconds:[/B] 38
17 years ago 0 2631 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Sorry I missed this one Jan - The beginning of my quit wasn't easy (I remember!!!) and I had to do everything I could to protect my quit...Therefore...There are no expectations......housework can wait, meals can be easy, eat as many nutty buddies and necessary, nap when you want, hold tight to your remote, cranky is okay! You are doing great.....hold tight.... Windy [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 9/11/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 128 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,570 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $640 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 12 [B]Hrs:[/B] 12 [B]Mins:[/B] 24 [B]Seconds:[/B] 5
17 years ago 0 2039 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Monica, Casey, and Windy, I'm hanging in there. Today actually has been a little tougher than the past few days. But that's ok, because I know why. This is a whole new lifestyle I know, and right now I'm just living one day at a time. So tonight again its Law & Order SVU, and American Idol. Sometimes I just feel like I'm walking around lost, then it goes. Just to let you know, my e-mail has gone down, hope to get it up and running tonight or tomorrow. Cheers, Jan [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/13/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 4 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 140 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $36 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 12 [B]Mins:[/B] 41 [B]Seconds:[/B] 2
As a new non smoker, I'm having a hard time giving myself some slack to relax, nap, watch tv or whatever. I keep telling myself I should be doing this or that. I just got in from work and all I really want is a nap. Well, I'm learning to squash the guilt! This could take a while before I'm fully comfortable doing all the things I did before. One day at a time...one nap at a time...one tv show at a time...and of course, thinking of Windy...one Nutty Buddy cone at a time! Thanks for the vent time Cheers, Jan [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/13/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 3 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 108 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $27 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 9 [B]Mins:[/B] 40 [B]Seconds:[/B] 51
Thanks River and Monica, I'm so glad you're there. And I hope both of you are doing a little better now. It's nice to know we're there for each other. Cheers, Jan [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/13/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 3 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 110 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $27 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 9 [B]Mins:[/B] 57 [B]Seconds:[/B] 2
17 years ago 0 2838 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
HA! I used to be a cleaning fanatic, type A, etc... Since I have started attempting to quit in May, I have been soooooo lazy. I give myself permission to slack off almost daily! The family hasn't starved to death yet and nobody has contracted any deadly diseases, so...we're okay! I still get nervous when things begin to pile up...but I somehow manage to get 'just enough' done to satisfy me. Take it easy! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 9/8/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 131 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 6,590 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1048 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 13 [B]Hrs:[/B] 22 [B]Mins:[/B] 56 [B]Seconds:[/B] 6
17 years ago 0 3307 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey, Jan didn't this happen before. Oh, Miss Jan the supper wife, supper mom :eg: You take those naps, you watch that TV show and if you don't Windy will come and get those Nutty Buddies and Gonna & I will come up there and really show what lazy is. LOL Sorry Gonna taking the clue from you :) Seriously Jan take it easy and protect the quit. Your hubby and family will understand. A year from now who is going to remember what you fix them for dinner on Jan 17, 2007 or if you did the laundry. Hey they can learn to do it too. All I want for you to do is take easy and do whatever you need to protect this your "final" quit. (((HUGS))) :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 12/11/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 37 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 378 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $111 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 5 [B]Hrs:[/B] 2 [B]Mins:[/B] 38 [B]Seconds:[/B] 25
17 years ago 0 2614 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Jan Have a lovely luxurious nap. What you need to get through? HMMM. I hope you get what you want. Reward yourself, snuggle up with those girls and enjoy the afternoon. Cheers Phillip [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/17/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 333 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 8,340 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $2664 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 55 [B]Hrs:[/B] 4 [B]Mins:[/B] 34 [B]Seconds:[/B] 25

Reading this thread: