Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Emergency Happy Questions

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-06-11 2:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Questions to challenge negativity

2024-06-03 3:43 PM

Depression Community

logo

Social anxiety disorder

2024-05-29 1:50 PM

Anxiety Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Most Loved

Browse through 411.758 posts in 47.059 threads.

160,770 Members

Please welcome our newest members: MereM, browcari, Cas151, Britanica78, m_ladyschoolme

Lobbying the tobacco companies!

17 years ago 0 204 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hello Monica, Nice to hear from you again. You have no idea what I have been doing in the past month or so. I have been causing so much trouble with these ******* tabaco companys! I write letters to them weekly on how there products are killing people. Monica, they could care less! One of my letters were returned with a simple explanation. They told me that my state (NY) has recieved money from a law suit that was won several years ago. I have asked them several times if they care about there fellow man and what they are doing to people by putting chemicals in there tobaco that keep you hooked. Funny, each letter i send, they send me coupons for buy one pack, get one free! How dare they do this to me! But thats ok! I have sent letters to my congressman wanting to know why our gouvernment allows these companies to sell drugs to us! I have not got one letter returned to me. Nice gouvernment, huh? Well, I will not stop lobbying! Nice to hear from you babe! Keep the cigs in the garbage! Down with R.J Rynolds! Jim [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 11/17/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 43 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 872 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $236.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 6 [B]Hrs:[/B] 12 [B]Mins:[/B] 56 [B]Seconds:[/B] 33
17 years ago 0 204 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
KIWI! You are so right! The almighty buck strikes again! But what about the health cost? Forgot to mention that! The government (at least mine) dont pay squat for medicare/medacade patients as a reinburstment, yet they keep the flow of cigs coming! My government could care less about its people, if they did, they would treat tabaco just like an illicit drug!! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 11/17/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 43 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 873 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $236.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 6 [B]Hrs:[/B] 13 [B]Mins:[/B] 13 [B]Seconds:[/B] 23
17 years ago 0 8760 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Jaset, Look at you go! Spreading the word of the quit & evils of smoking for all to hear! Thanks for sharing and keep up the good work! Danielle _____________________ The SSC Support Team
17 years ago 0 243 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
You go girl!!!!!!!!!!!Who knows maybe I will join you. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 11/28/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 32 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 652 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $76.8 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 4 [B]Hrs:[/B] 9 [B]Mins:[/B] 41 [B]Seconds:[/B] 30
17 years ago 0 672 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Don't get me started ! :mad: I have always detected double standards here. it is unfortunate that governments receive billions & billions of dollars from tobacco sales. My little country would be in serious hardship without it. Governments are simply doing their part in this politically correct world we live. By doing 'just enough' to show the anti-smoking lobyists that they care, but in truth they need the tobacco $$ & the tobacco companies know it. It's the poor smokers caught in the middle, the best we can do is stop smoking.. You go for it !!!!!!!! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/1/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 728 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 18,216 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $4732 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 104 [B]Hrs:[/B] 9 [B]Mins:[/B] 37 [B]Seconds:[/B] 54
  • Quit Meter

$12,659.94

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 633 Hours: 9

Minutes: 49 Seconds: 36

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 672 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
yes it always comes down to $$$, you got it. Nicotine is a drug, an extremely addictive one at that & i guess the governments does care to some extent but it would be good to see them put some tobacco $$$ into tobacco / nicotine / cigarette education & health. Governments can't ban cigarettes as it would take away peoples rights & as most smokers think they choose to smoke (yeah right), tobacco would just go underground & onto the black market & smokers would be getting arrested all over the place. The poor old smoker & just importantly the never-smokers need to be educated. you go girl, good on you for stirring things up. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/1/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 728 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 18,217 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $4732 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 104 [B]Hrs:[/B] 9 [B]Mins:[/B] 48 [B]Seconds:[/B] 49
  • Quit Meter

$12,659.94

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 633 Hours: 9

Minutes: 49 Seconds: 36

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Reading this thread: