Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-20 2:48 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.755 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,684 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Strongyogi*, TNIKKA, SKARYLE KATE, BMARC ANTHONY, MNJD

Frustrated@#$$%

17 years ago 0 983 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Jan, What do you really really want!!! Dig deep. Figure it out, then just DO IT!!!!! Whatever you decide, we support you 100%. Do what's best for you...it's your quit!!!! [IMG]http://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q185/kaitilina/cheerleader.gif[/IMG] Kaiti [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 11/7/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 42 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 932 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $231 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 17 [B]Mins:[/B] 41 [B]Seconds:[/B] 40
17 years ago 0 985 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Wishing you all the best at your dr's appt. today Jan. :) Please drop us a line and let us know the outcome. I was so pleased to read that you'll be quitting Jan. 1st regardless. I too wish to purchase that book. Will be going to the mall sometime soon. (((((((((hugs)))))))) Monica58 [IMG]http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o304/Monica58/thumbsup.gif[/IMG] [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/31/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 49 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 993 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $441 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 5 [B]Hrs:[/B] 10 [B]Mins:[/B] 1 [B]Seconds:[/B] 16
17 years ago 0 406 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Tons of issues here, Jan: while I agree with everyone that you know what's best for you, I gotta wonder what this doctor is seeing that is giving him pause. You said he's known you for years, so that counts for something. I wonder if you could put your own really healthy desire to quit on hold just long enough to consider what he's saying. It would be a terrible thing to slip, wouldn't it? I know it's heresy even to think such outragrous thoughts, but would waiting until after the New Year be such a bad thing? peteg
17 years ago 0 2670 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
dear jan, just go right back to the doc and don't take no for an answer. if he won't oblige, go and see another doctor cheers lynnexx [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/24/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 56 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 843 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �224 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 6 [B]Hrs:[/B] 7 [B]Mins:[/B] 39 [B]Seconds:[/B] 2
  • Quit Meter

$113,595.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 6495 Hours: 1

Minutes: 29 Seconds: 55

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 154 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Maybe he is testing you, I mean, if you really really think you can do it, maybe you dont NEED the Zyban? Maybe he knows this?? I mean its not often a health care professional will NOT prescribe you an NRT- They are pretty big money makers! Wanting to quit is the most important part!! Good luck [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/9/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 71 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 573 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $251.34 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 4 [B]Hrs:[/B] 15 [B]Mins:[/B] 44 [B]Seconds:[/B] 56
  • Quit Meter

$545,256.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 4204 Hours: 14

Minutes: 32 Seconds: 15

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 449 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Jan, Good luck with the doc today! Please let us know how your visit goes! Debbie [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/26/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 54 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,087 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $202.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 5 [B]Hrs:[/B] 3 [B]Mins:[/B] 50 [B]Seconds:[/B] 11
17 years ago 0 156 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
dear Jan go! we'll always be here waiting for you :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 9/11/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 99 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,489 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $297 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 14 [B]Hrs:[/B] 1 [B]Mins:[/B] 48 [B]Seconds:[/B] 18
17 years ago 0 2631 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Jan - I want to give your Doctor a big kick in the butt...I have seen how determined you are and I know that the biggest issue has been dealing with the blues when quitting. Does your doctor understand this? If not, does he have rocks in his head? (Sorry...can you tell that I'm a little peeved?) I'm glad that I read your post and found out that you DID get your prescription. You are totally committed...but noone wants to deal with the blues on a constant basis. In fact, we TELL people to go see their doctor when they experience this. You are an amazing woman and you are going to do this! Go Jan go! Windy [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 9/11/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 99 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,998 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $495 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 9 [B]Hrs:[/B] 11 [B]Mins:[/B] 36 [B]Seconds:[/B] 0
17 years ago 0 2039 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
With or without the Zyban I fully intend to go forward with my quit on January 1. That's the date I found best for me and I'm sticking to it. I will tell the doctor that too, when I go. Its my understanding that the Zyban takes the edge off, although I'll still have to work at it. That's what my preparations are all about. My resolve is building by the day(very excited about picking up the Allen Carr book too!)and I fully intend to make it this time. Bottom line....I no longer wish to be a smoker! Thanks for all your support everyone, and I'll let you know how my appointment goes. Cheers, Jan
17 years ago 0 2039 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thanks Phil and Sharon, I am NOT leaving without that prescription. He knows I've had a tough year after losing my mum and all, but that doesn't mean I'm not ready. He also knows I have a very active mind, i.e. meaning my mind is always 10 steps ahead of myself. But that's just the way I am. I'm thinking about everything I need to do before Christmas Day. I'm thinking about what's for supper 3-4 days from now. But I'm also thinking about all the steps leading to my quit. He thinks I need to focus on relaxing. True, but how does one do that 6 days before Christmas? Especially when one needs a kick in the butt to get the wrapping started! Thanks for the support, I'll have that prescription in my hot little hand by the end of the day!!! Cheers, Jan [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/1/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] -12 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 0 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $0 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 0 [B]Seconds:[/B] 0

Reading this thread: