Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Mother's Day is coming in a few weeks!

AABBYGAIL RUTH

2024-05-15 10:52 PM

Depression Community

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-05-15 9:17 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.753 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,634 Members

Please welcome our newest members: CuppaJo, GCAJULAO, RPABIA, TEBON, SJOLINE GEL

Moody...moody...ahhhhh!!!!

17 years ago 0 537 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Jan, I can totally relate! I was in my bedroom at 8:30, watching TV. I just decided that instead of ripping someone's head off, I would hibernate in my room for the night. Worked pretty well. Everyone is in one piece this morning. Have a good day! Terri [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 9/28/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 35 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 531 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $127.75 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 10 [B]Mins:[/B] 38 [B]Seconds:[/B] 36
17 years ago 0 2631 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I just had a giggle thinking about how my hubby used to irritate me by having the gall to "TALK" to me when I was glued to SCC trying to just get through the day. Sometimes he actually expected that I would SHARE television privileges in bed! (He had no idea that the television and remote might have been his birthday gift but he had ABSOLUTELY NO RIGHT to use them during my quit!) I'm kinda surprised he is still here...... Anyway, that is beside the point....those awful days do pass...I'm thinking of all of you guys and wishing you lots of good days ahead. Windy [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 9/11/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 52 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,055 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $260 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 5 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 12 [B]Seconds:[/B] 13
17 years ago 0 598 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Well said, Gonna ! :) nmc [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 8/25/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 70 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 710 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $350 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 13 [B]Hrs:[/B] 4 [B]Mins:[/B] 28 [B]Seconds:[/B] 0
17 years ago 0 2039 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thanks guys, for all the support. And I have to admit, I just love a ME day!!!! Sparky and Gonna, how about we get through this day together. And I know, and believe with all my heart that the wonderful side of this quit is just waiting for us with open arms. We're going to get there guys!!!!! With so many good people right here, how can we not. You're in my thoughts today. Cheers, Jan [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/16/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 17 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 524 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $153 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 21 [B]Mins:[/B] 42 [B]Seconds:[/B] 56
Oh boy. Last night I could have cheerfully clobbered anyone that got in my way(except of course for my girls, the beagles). Everyone else was fair game. My son had his buddies over, hubby was there all watching the Toronto Raptors play basketball. And they were all annoying me!!!! Not that they were really doing anything wrong, I know it was me. So by 8:30 I bid them all goodnight and headed up to bed. Feel a bit better this morning, still edgy though. I think this will be a ME day, because this feels like a dip in this rollercoaster ride I'm on. Glad I can talk to you guys. Have a good one, Jan [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/16/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 17 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 518 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $153 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 21 [B]Mins:[/B] 11 [B]Seconds:[/B] 2
Thanks Cheermom and Deli. I do feel a wee bit better this afternoon. But if I do get bothered again, I'm definitely going to take myself off to be alone for a while. I find it works like a charm. Cheers, Jan [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/16/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 17 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 528 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $153 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 22 [B]Mins:[/B] 7 [B]Seconds:[/B] 35
That's funny, Windy. It puts everything into perspective when you realize that later down the road you can look back and laugh. I can't wait for those days! Cheers, Jan [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/16/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 18 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 563 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $162 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 1 [B]Mins:[/B] 11 [B]Seconds:[/B] 19
17 years ago 0 1006 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Jan, you did very well, leaving the situation last night. Keep practising this for the first couple of weeks. You are re-adjusting, that's all. When negativity kicks in, take yourself off and try and do something nice for yourself to lift your mood a bit. Sending you my love, hoping you're feeling a bit better. Deli [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 8/1/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 93 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,403 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �279 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 7 [B]Hrs:[/B] 12 [B]Mins:[/B] 41 [B]Seconds:[/B] 28
17 years ago 0 3131 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Jan this is a normal part of the quit, take good care of yourself today, you need pampering right now. Sparky there is another side at the end of the tunnel, I'm almost there I can see it clearly, it's just a matter of time. Keep strong :)Marie [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/13/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 142 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,136 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $568 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 18 [B]Hrs:[/B] 18 [B]Mins:[/B] 38 [B]Seconds:[/B] 42
17 years ago 0 2838 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Must be a change in the weather! Seriously. I have had a hard time also. About the time the weather got cold... I can't get out as much and I'm not very good with 'sit-down' activities. Evenings are hard. If I can't keep busy, I'm in bed by 8! Let's reassure ourselves that this is just a bump in the road, a phase, and it WILL get better. I know it will. Jan and Sparky, you guys are in my thoughts! :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 9/8/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 55 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,769 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $440 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 5 [B]Hrs:[/B] 16 [B]Mins:[/B] 44 [B]Seconds:[/B] 41

Reading this thread: