Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-20 2:48 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.755 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,684 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Strongyogi*, TNIKKA, SKARYLE KATE, BMARC ANTHONY, MNJD

The Power of the Puff!!!!

17 years ago 0 738 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Isn't it sad how the addiction can consume people, literally? I have seen patients with trachiotomies smoking with the cigarette to the trach... So very sad. Love that we are smober, and I Thank this site and all you lovely people here for all your support, information, opinions, and FUN. {{ }}Denise [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/16/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 15 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 469 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $112.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 19 [B]Mins:[/B] 50 [B]Seconds:[/B] 24
17 years ago 0 2631 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
It is moments like this that keep reminding me why it is so important to quit. This addiction is sooooooooo awful - just look what it does to people. So thankful for this group to give me the strength & support to keep going.. Windy [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 9/11/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 50 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,018 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $250 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 4 [B]Hrs:[/B] 20 [B]Mins:[/B] 0 [B]Seconds:[/B] 28
17 years ago 0 2039 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Oh you bet we should, Deli. We can all do this together. The power of many can surely squash the lights out of this evil Nick!!!! Keep that wonderful quit going! Cheers, Jan [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/16/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 15 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 475 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $135 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 17 [B]Mins:[/B] 33 [B]Seconds:[/B] 27
17 years ago 0 2039 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I went to the hospital this afternoon to visit a friend who had some minor surgery. On my way in there were patients with IV's standing outside smoking. It just goes to show you the power of this nemisis we face that people who have actually just had surgery or are sick for one reason or another feel compelled to stand there and smoke. This Nick is a dangerous dude. Let's squash him, OK!!!!! Just my two cents worth, Jan [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/16/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 15 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 469 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $135 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 16 [B]Mins:[/B] 56 [B]Seconds:[/B] 46
17 years ago 0 63 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Indeed! Yikes! I cannot believe I am already winning @72 days. Thanks everyone for keeping me clean. Could NOT do it, could NOT have DONE IT WITHOUT YOU! I wish I had 1,000 hands to hug you all. No matter. There are enough tears of JOY! THANK YOU EVERYONE! Love and Light Theresita... [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 8/20/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 72 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,311 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $612 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 7 [B]Hrs:[/B] 2 [B]Mins:[/B] 5 [B]Seconds:[/B] 50
17 years ago 0 1006 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
To my mate Jan. Deli's two cents worth. My poor step-dad, was ill in hospital, had just had some skin-cancer removed from his face, when I went to pick him up with my mum. He, of course, was to be found outside the building, smoking, just after his treatment. What's shocking to me, though, looking back at that occurrence many years ago now, is that I, as a smoker, wasn't disgusted at his disrespect to his health, at the time. I remembered the moment, granted, but not the same incredulous disbelief at what he was doing that I have now. Nicotine is a strong drug, and, your right Jan - we should all hold hands and beat it together! Deli [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 8/1/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 91 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,378 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �273 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 7 [B]Hrs:[/B] 9 [B]Mins:[/B] 22 [B]Seconds:[/B] 30
17 years ago 0 583 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Jan, Funny, I look at people like that now and I think how sad. BUT, when I had my first kid. I made my hubby wheel me out to smoke not 3 hours after I gave birth. Could not walk, felt like crap, but I was Smoking. YIKES. Thereista 72days awsome. Grace
17 years ago 0 3307 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
That is so sad and to think that could have been us awhile back. Anything for a puff :eg: But we don't have think or do that anymore. We are winners :):):):)!!! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/16/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 15 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 157 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $45 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 2 [B]Mins:[/B] 10 [B]Seconds:[/B] 41
17 years ago 0 852 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Jan, I agree. It is an evil power! I did that same thing. I had surgery, and it took me 4 hours to wake up. I remember them trying to wake me, but I just couldn't keep my eyes open. Then nicodemon awoke me, and the only thought in my head was I want a smoke!! But I knew that if I couldn't keep my eyes open, I couldn't leave to go smoke. So I forced myself. I don't even remember, as my mind was still sleeping. But I do remember being in my car and smoking one right after another. So for the next 2 days, I was trying to rid the anesthesia from my body, so I slept and smoked. I couldn't even eat. After I smoked, I went immediatly back to bed. Needless to say, I did not heal correctly, or quickly from my surgery. But I was warned about that. I still chose to smoke. This is an aweful addiction. And I am so glad I am ridding it!! I know I will never smoke again. Not even one puff. I am never going through hell week again! ;) 4my2girls [b][i][color=Maroon]What Consumes Your Thoughts Controls Your Life[/b][/i][/color] [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/5/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 241 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 7,245 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $788.07 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 19 [B]Hrs:[/B] 10 [B]Mins:[/B] 24 [B]Seconds:[/B] 33
17 years ago 0 5195 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Jan, The puff is very powerful. When I was pregnant with my last child I was in the hospital five different times for hypertension. Each time I found a way to sneak out and smoke. I also told the doctor that if he sent me home I promised to stay on the sofa. Used my other kids as the excuse for why I couldn't stay. Took hours to get to the hospital when he told me to go. This addiction is very powerful and it is nothing to play with. I know that one puff sends me back to smoking until the day I die. I was ever so fortunate to get out of the grips of the nicodemon once. I have no intentions of going back. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 7/1/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 487 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 9,758 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1704.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 42 [B]Hrs:[/B] 23 [B]Mins:[/B] 54 [B]Seconds:[/B] 51

Reading this thread: